Author Topic: Round 1 is officially sold out!!!  (Read 8914 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: Round 1 is officially sold out!!!
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »
lets hope the bandwagon doesnt hit a ditch. :gotigers

good to see santa back.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »
We will find out if we lose and he goes straight for Wallaces' jugular, wont we!  ;D

no excuses if we lose

could make or break our season

Yep, That's the only reason I am nervous about this. Still think we will win though.

head says we will win but my heart like many times this club has let me down says we wont.

they have what 4 debutants and a very average looking team and we cant take ourselves seriously if we cant knock them over

Couldn't put it in a more apt sort of way. :thumbsup

Offline AstuteTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Is Round 1 sold out?
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
What sort of money is the club looking at with a home game getting a possible 95k?

With almost 3,500 posts on PRE, what better way to kick off my first post on OER with a profit forecast...

bombers and pies make about 750,000 each for 85 to 90K fro Anzac day, if the tiges get over 90,000 id say we would be looking in the order of 750,000 to 1 million profit, i think it would be closer to 1 million as its our home game and we dont share with carlscum..
This is just fantastic for our club... :woohoo

Welcome Astute,

Have seen your work on PRE.

For those not in the know, he was the first poster I can remember, that warned everyone of the impending sell out.

Thanks for the warning and welcome.

Thanx Jackstar, yep months ago i mentioned we could well be looking at 90K, i kind've got howled down but fair enough it was months ago but come early march on the opening day of ticket sales i just thought hold on a sec this is crazy and i immediately started the thread on PRE and i vividly remember telling everyone get seats pronto do NOT wait...

On another matter about standing room...

Im an AFL richmond club support member and as we know ALL seats in the AFL reserve are sold out....I know that the AFL are allowing standing room in the AFL members for members who missed out or for those who prefer to stand...the official figure im not sure but id think around the 1,000 to 1,500 max....

What i find strange is why is it possible for AFL members which i am, to be able to walk up and enter for standing room...and not possible for richmond home game members with a membership card but no upgrade reserve tkt, its like double standards, so if i didnt have a seat i could just go early and swipe my card and get in, it should be the same for RFC home team members...

Read the below for AFL members...

Round One, Richmond v Carlton - Match Update

Tue, Mar 24, 09 2:40 PM Thu 12 March, 2009 AFL Members are advised that reserved seating for the Round 1 match between Richmond and Carlton is currently exhausted.

AFL Members are advised that standing room allocations will not be made available to pre-book for the Richmond v Carlton match this Thursday night.

Limited standing room areas within the AFL Reserve will be held for walk up for AFL Members on the night of the match (subject to capacity).

AFL Members wishing to access standing room areas are advised to arrive at the ground early.

Please note that guest passes will not be available to purchase on the night and that guest pass pack tickets will not be valid for the event.

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

Offline AstuteTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
What sort of money is the club looking at with a home game getting a possible 95k?

With almost 3,500 posts on PRE, what better way to kick off my first post on OER with a profit forecast...

bombers and pies make about 750,000 each for 85 to 90K fro Anzac day, if the tiges get over 90,000 id say we would be looking in the order of 750,000 to 1 million profit, i think it would be closer to 1 million as its our home game and we dont share with carlscum..
This is just fantastic for our club... :woohoo
Welcome to OER Astute and thanks for the info. Great news for the club  :cheers.

No probs MT, cant wait until 2moro nite, 1 more sleep... :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »

Im an AFL richmond club support member and as we know ALL seats in the AFL reserve are sold out....I know that the AFL are allowing standing room in the AFL members for members who missed out or for those who prefer to stand...the official figure im not sure but id think around the 1,000 to 1,500 max....

What i find strange is why is it possible for AFL members which i am, to be able to walk up and enter for standing room...and not possible for richmond home game members with a membership card but no upgrade reserve tkt, its like double standards, so if i didnt have a seat i could just go early and swipe my card and get in, it should be the same for RFC home team members...
The MCC must think we are feral  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »

The MCC must think we are feral  :lol

:jump

Offline AstuteTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
I copied and pasted the below from PRE, ive heard also theres walk up....

at the g,

and there is 5000 standing room spots avail for Richmond members and Carlton AWAY members ONLY!

must have memberships and first in best dressed!

Ok all im off,

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2009, 05:59:28 AM »
Crap night to say the least  :banghead but well done to all our supporters turning up in droves like that. At least we turned up to the game!  :scream

As for the MCC - so much for it being a "sell-out". The left-hand side of the top deck of the MCC members was empty  ::). If they aren't going to turn up then why not give the seats to those that in the end couldn't get a ticket.

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »
Foir those who are interested it was the 19th largest Hame and away attendance in history and the 4th largest Home and Away attendance both Richmond and Carlton have played against.

I have no evidence to back this up but Richmond easily outnumbered Carlton in the stands and the tiger Army last night was probably the second biggest one club turnout to a H and A game this decade after Essendon's turnout to the Hird/Sheedy game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
According to a Blues supporter there were signs saying that Richmond and Carlton away game members could scan their tickets at the turnstiles and go to the standing room area. Many members who didnt get tickets could have turned up and got in.

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »
According to a Blues supporter there were signs saying that Richmond and Carlton away game members could scan their tickets at the turnstiles and go to the standing room area. Many members who didnt get tickets could have turned up and got in.

My son got in this way so yes this is true (and at no extra cost).

:cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »

My son got in this way so yes this is true (and at no extra cost).

:cheers
Good to hear 1965  :thumbsup although pretty poor of the MCC and the AFL not to advertise this when we had some supporters with 11-game memberships ring up SEN complaining they wouldn't get in and blaming the RFC.