Author Topic: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats  (Read 6189 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »
Real question marks for me on King, Edwards, Schulz and McGuane. Need to find replacements for each of these players IMHO.

Jackson, Bowden, Nahas, Graham did not do lot

Were we watching the same game?? I paid close attention to Jackson and thought he did very well.

Yep.  Selwood had zero influence on the game - Jackson beat him easily.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2009, 05:20:30 PM »
Bomber Thompson's view of us....

Thompson took the unusual step of using his post match press-conference to protect one of his own - beleaguered Tigers coach Terry Wallace.

"Richmond were fantastic and hopefully you (media) guys might stay away from Richmond this week because they were so good," he said.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/04/06/60951_news.html

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »

Thompson took the unusual step of using his post match press-conference to protect one of his own - beleaguered Tigers coach Terry Wallace.

"Richmond were fantastic and hopefully you (media) guys might stay away from Richmond this week because they were so good," he said.

I  like bomber, i did as a player and do as a coach. He is a true leader

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

An ex-player and ex-coach.

What are you doing slumming with the great unwashed?

:cheers

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »

An ex-player and ex-coach.

What are you doing slumming with the great unwashed?

:cheers
:lol :cheers

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
What the hell???? Person comes on to read Tiges V Geelong and I get a bitch fight? Why do you need to argue in public? Cant you keep it to PMs between the two of you, I thought this sort of stuff was done and dusted a while back! ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2009, 04:50:24 AM »
We had 4 Taswegians in our line-up on the weekend....

TASMANIANS IN THE AFL - Richardson in best for hapless Richmond
BY ALEX FAIR
7/04/2009

RICHMOND'S Matthew Richardson was one of the catalysts for the Tigers' ultimately fruitless comeback against Geelong on Saturday.

The big man from Devonport was the Tigers' best player, finishing with 28 possessions, 14 marks and two goals alternating between the wing and the forward 50.

When he pushed forward in the third quarter he straightened Richmond up and the team kicked 8.2 to 3.2 to take a one-point lead into the final change, before eventually losing by 20 points.

Former Essendon midfielder Tom Hislop, of Burnie, made his debut in the yellow and black and finished with 10 possessions, four tackles and a goal, while King Island ruckman Angus Graham played his first game of the year and finished with nine touches.

Jack Riewoldt (ex-Clarence) had another quiet game up forward, finishing with just one goal from his 12 touches.

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/general/tasmanians-in-the-afl-richardson-in-best-for-hapless-richmond/1480045.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »
Richo didn't make the AFL site's team of the week despite 28 disposals, 14 marks and 2 goals ???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74509/default.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
Richo didn't make the AFL site's team of the week despite 28 disposals, 14 marks and 2 goals ???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74509/default.aspx

As captain of my super coach team he did good by me though  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »
A bit about how we tagged Ablett or tried to in the Age today...

Last weekend, Richmond used two opponents on Ablett. Jake King picked him up when Ablett was "resting" forward, and the much uglier task of manning him in the middle fell to Nathan Foley, who struggled to keep up and didn't really exploit Ablett defensively either.

The Tigers did, however, curb the influence of Joel Selwood via their best tagger, Daniel Jackson, who doesn't have the physical gifts, ie, the speed or agility, to play on Ablett.

Richmond lost the Ablett duel, but by putting the clamps on Selwood managed to break even in the clearances. This could well become the trade-off that rival clubs accept - that if you cannot control Ablett, it's better to put your premier tagger on either Selwood or Jimmy Bartel, and play a more attacking midfielder on Ablett junior. If you can't stop him, don't waste your best negator.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/handcuffing-lightning/2009/04/08/1238870032459.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »
I saw King in the middle plenty of times.  ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »
GAJ may have still had a good game, but his influence was still down on his regular output, he barely touched it in the 2nd & 3rd quarters.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
Ablett is a freak. A lazy 37 possies tonight. We did well to keep him quiet for 2 quarters. Overall we did better against the Cats than the Pies did tonight and the Pies think they are a top 4 side  :nope.

Speaking of freakish Steve Johnson is becoming the biggest diver in the game. He falls down on the slightest bit of contact. Funny stuff when he dived too hard and whacked his big honker on the turf and got a blood nose :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd