Author Topic: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats  (Read 6192 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »
For everyones info and I maybe a little bit late with this but tickets for this game went on sale today (Wed 24/3/09)

Would suggest anyone thinking of going get in touch with TICKETMASTER (yep it's ticketmaster for Skilled Stadium) ASAP.

Only limited numbers of tickets available for that stinking hell hole of a venue, which is at a reduced capacity for 2009  :banghead :banghead

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »
What a ridiculous situation!  :help

We are going to go from selling out the 100k seated MCG to having to play at a 20k molehill where most of our supporters have no chance of getting in. Geelong will refuse because of the stadia deal they have with their own dung heap but the game should really be moved to the Dome or MCG to maximize crowds. Especially if we beat Carlton there will be a huge uproar over this. I guess the positive is hopefully this will be the last time we have to play down there. You don't see Carlton having to travel down the highway even though our annual crowds have most years been higher than theirs over the past decade and they've been a worse performing side which is saying something.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline GOOHUC

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
What a ridiculous situation!  :help

We are going to go from selling out the 100k seated MCG to having to play at a 20k molehill where most of our supporters have no chance of getting in. Geelong will refuse because of the stadia deal they have with their own dung heap but the game should really be moved to the Dome or MCG to maximize crowds. Especially if we beat Carlton there will be a huge uproar over this. I guess the positive is hopefully this will be the last time we have to play down there. You don't see Carlton having to travel down the highway even though our annual crowds have most years been higher than theirs over the past decade and they've been a worse performing side which is saying something.

Well said and spot on, although I don't mind heading down to the cattery being the only suburban style ground left...on the rare occassion we beat those pussy's, it's definately worth it.  Got 6 tickets today so will be making the trip again.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:25 AM »
I have got tickets (8) but it is just such a hassle

Everything about down there is a hassle

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:13:12 AM »
Decided last time I have had enough of going down there so I didn't bother this time.

Will watch the first qtr on telly and then have something planned like gardening or golf for when it gets all to painful   :banghead

SAME OLD

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »
Decided last time I have had enough of going down there so I didn't bother this time.

Will watch the first qtr on telly and then have something planned like gardening or golf for when it gets all to painful   :banghead

SAME OLD

Absolutely. When Geelong get to 40 ahead - mid 2nd qtr I reckon - I'll go and wash my hair or something.

Match will be a useful training spin for the Cats up til half time and then target practice for them.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
Ok.... moving on..... :whistle. We need to go back to using the centre corridoor and of course lifting our level of skill. I think we have the pace to match the Cats and we will have to use that because IMO their bigger body's will be too hard to compete against one on one. We also need to look at geting the ball into our forward line a lot quicker, no point standing there going stagnent, quick and accurate movement of the ball will win this game for us and of course tackling!!

Out: Raines, Cousins & Edwards

In: Rance, Polo & Hislop

I will give Bowden another chance although I am not sure the caoching staff will, remember Terry saying that Bowden has to start the season off like he finished it. Last year his start to the season had him dropped back to Coburg. So if Bowden is dropped then maybe we could see Post come in.

For the smokey and don't be surprised if this does not happen; Cogs in. :shh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
Got tix for Saturday and hoping that the trip to the Cattery from the Northern Suburbs is shorter than the time we actually are competitive in the game.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
I will give Bowden another chance although I am not sure the caoching staff will, remember Terry saying that Bowden has to start the season off like he finished it.

I actually thought that Joel showed his age on Thursday....

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »
I will give Bowden another chance although I am not sure the caoching staff will, remember Terry saying that Bowden has to start the season off like he finished it.

Especially when he misses the target with his disposal - costly

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »

Especially when he misses the target with his disposal - costly

Extremely costly..........deadly in fact! Just a pity that he, Simmo and Brown were serial offenders on Thursday and all very recently in the leadership group...what message did that send?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »
Here is my side for the game against the Cats:

FB: Newman Thursfield McGuane
HB: McMahon Moore Rance
C: Richo Deledio Polo
HF: Tuck Riewoldt Brown
FF: Morton Schulz Tambling
FOLL: Simmo Foley Jackson

Interchange: White, Hislop, Bowden, Browne

Ins: Hislop, Polo, Rance
Outs: Cousins, Raines, Edwards

Emerg: Cog's, Collins, Silvester

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:00:30 PM »
Out: Raines, Bowden, Schultz, Cousins, McMahon, Jackson, Edwards

Newman - Thursfeild - McGaune
Moore - Rance - Polo
White - Thomson - Tambling
Deledio - Reiwoldt - Nahas
Brown - Richo - Morton
Simmonds - Tuck - Foley
Browne - Coughlan  - Hislop  - Collins

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »
Hey Bentleigh

Why would you play Nahas when he is on the Rookie list and he can't be elevated? Why would you drop Jackson when he was actually prety good on Judd and we really need a tagger in this game?? Why would you play Thompson when he has been injured for the last two weeks and hasn't even trained??? Collins game was also average on the weekend in a practice match.

How will a side have the chance to settle with so many changes??

"Rucks:

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
Why would you drop Jackson when he was actually prety good on Judd and we really need a tagger in this game??

I must have missed something.

Jackson had no influence on the game and Judd had a major influence.
EAT EM ALIVE!