Author Topic: Match Committee  (Read 1368 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Match Committee
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
Unless the match committee stop selecting blokes that simply cant kick the ball (field kicking or goal kicking) or make a decision with the ball in hand we will never improve. 
This includes Jackson, Edwards, Reiwoldt, Bowden, McMahon, Tuck, Schulz & particualrly ANDREW RAINES.  Andrew Raines is a terrible footballer. The amount of times he puts his team mates under the pump is incredible and how he got 2nd best on ground is beyond me.  Surely other people can see this includng the match committee ? 
It was a long bust trip home to Warrnambool with 2 Tigers & 8 Blues giving it to us.  The most dissapointed I have been after the footy. EVER.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Match Committee
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:45:09 AM »
Unless the match committee stop selecting blokes that simply cant kick the ball (field kicking or goal kicking) or make a decision with the ball in hand we will never improve. 
This includes Jackson, Edwards, Reiwoldt, Bowden, McMahon, Tuck, Schulz & particualrly ANDREW RAINES.  Andrew Raines is a terrible footballer. The amount of times he puts his team mates under the pump is incredible and how he got 2nd best on ground is beyond me.  Surely other people can see this includng the match committee ? 
It was a long bust trip home to Warrnambool with 2 Tigers & 8 Blues giving it to us.  The most dissapointed I have been after the footy. EVER.

I hate to say it but i will.

The best thing i saw last night was Andrew Raines limping off the ground.

The worst thing i saw was Ben Cousins limping off the ground.

We pay our membership every year and we dont deserve to see players like Andrew Raines, Mcmahon and Edwrads etc etc dish up what they dished up last night
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
Dont forget your man Richo, in the first half Waite carved us up and kicked three goals and during that time Richo was ineffective as an offensive weapon.

Also Ben Cousins was not having an impact on the game at all IMO.

Unfortunately we had practically our best team out there and dont have a lot of other options that have better disposal.

On Andrew Raines I agree with you whole heartedly Pmac, his disposal is atrocious and what he does to his team mates in putting them under the pump is shocking.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
If Andrew Raines disposal is so atriocious and hasn't changed over the years, doesn't that say something about the coaching that allows it to remain so.  A good coach should be able to correct such problems - or get rid of the player.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
  A good coach should be able to correct such problems - or get rid of the player.

From my experience when you get to a certain age as a player your skill set is your skill set and no matter how good your coach and how much you as a player work on your skills a radical or huge deviation from what you currently have is not going to happen.

The second option is more realistic and then a look at the recruiting decisions if this happens on a regular basis.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »
If Andrew Raines disposal is so atriocious and hasn't changed over the years, doesn't that say something about the coaching that allows it to remain so.  A good coach should be able to correct such problems - or get rid of the player.

Julz if applied that to all players the tiges would turfed Richo years ago with his at times poor kicking :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »
Lol - I was wondering if anyone was going to bring Richo up.  Point taken.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »

Julz if applied that to all players the tiges would turfed Richo years ago with his at times poor kicking :thumbsup

What are you trying to say??

He has 800 odd reasons that should excuse his kicking from time to time

what has everyone got to excuse their pathetic foot skills.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
Seems to me that Richo is always nearly the first person in a game for Richmond to have a shot at goal mainly missing easy set shots
This in turn must be having a effect on the playing group seeing their hard work go done the drain
you cant tell me this dont zap the players confidence

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Seems to me that Richo is always nearly the first person in a game for Richmond to have a shot at goal mainly missing easy set shots
This in turn must be having a effect on the playing group seeing their hard work go done the drain
you cant tell me this dont zap the players confidence

thats crap T.Monk and you know it

Last year he played on the wing and single handedly nearly got us into the finals

come on your better than that.

the same can be said if they kicked the ball straight to him he may have had kicked 1200 goals. works both ways.

I know one thing he has done more for this club than any other player since The General, Flea and Disco roach days. No one has come close

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »

What are you trying to say??

He has 800 odd reasons that should excuse his kicking from time to time

what has everyone got to excuse their pathetic foot skills.

Daniel ... settle

Re-read my post

Julz made the comment that if bad kicking can't be corrected then git rid of the player

My repsonse was that if we applied that rule to every player then Richo would have to have gone years ago

I would never get rid of Richo, I have defended him always, when people have bagged him about his body language on this site I've defended him..

It wasn't a critisim of the big guy just an observation that perhaps you cannot apply a rule like that ..

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »
Sorry daniel but if you are going to be critical of one set of skills for any player you have to be able to do it for all. Nobody is saying Richo has not done his all and is not the heart and soul of the team. Richo's kicking sucks, has done for years and will always do. This must effect other players even if you dont like that thought.

And Single handed in a team game is just not possible even if you want it to be so.

I dont mind you being critical of player, lets face it many of them deserved it last night but, just be even handed. Richo stuffed up quiet a few times last night too and should not be above the wrath of the fans. Some of us talk about the game, and the skills displayed (or not). We dont draw that down to a persons character.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »
Yeah Daniel l got my axe sharpened for Richo  ;D be very careful  :thumbsup

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
I realise i may be bagged beyond comprehension for this, but i truly believe we were missing 1 very important person out there last night.
Mr Kane Johnson !!

He plays for the jumper.
He plays for the team.
He provides direction.
He provides stability.
He provides leadership.

Quite ironic these things happen when he's not in the side.

He may not have the best skills, confidence, or awareness but he does have leadership qualities that the rest of the playing group can call on when in need.
I sincerely hope that our current number 17 can develop his leadership skills a little further.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :rollin

? is kane Johnson your hero  ;D