Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2009  (Read 17140 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Non-Richmond games 2009
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
Can't believe how well the Lions are going.

IMO Leigh did a super job developing the young fellas without becoming wooden spoon contenders e.g. Sherman, Rischitelli, Adcock etc Really good example of evolving a list - your gun players retire but solid contibutors like Power step up to be guns and the young kids step up to be solid contributors.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
The Lions have been able to rebuild while they still had/have remnants of their triple-premiership teams as senior players and leaders around to teach their youngsters - Brown, Black, Power, Bradshaw and to a lesser extent Notting. Brown is a natural leader both on and off field and all are still top liners that the side can rely on. If Brissy didn't have them they would be structurally a hell of a lot weaker with no big key forwards and most likely a bottom side still rebuilding just like us. Lethal did well to switch into rebuild mode and put faith in new kids as soon as he saw the champion team couldn't achieve anymore after losing the 2004 GF. It's taken 4 years for these kids to come on but they are starting to now show some consistency. Look at Brennan - he's almost in their best players each week. Getting someone like Daniel Rich at pick 7 last year was a bonus. I thought they would make the finals last year but they fell away badly in the last 6 weeks with Lethal going. Voss has walked in tweaked a few things as far as more run and carry and they look like getting making the finals easily this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »
We all hate the Pies but wins like tonight deserve respect. They looked off their feet at 3/4 time with less players on the bench. They just have the wood (excuse the pun) over the Swans.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
Geez the Bumbers are belting Rapetank.

I can't wait till we're a well coached side....
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »
They Know we're waiting  :rollin LOL well done bombers at least you guys backed it up.
Couldn't have done it better myself  ;D :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »
We'll see if the Eagles are really tanking. Only 3 points down at 3/4 time and will have a howling breeze to kick with in the last. Kicks easily travelling 60m. 15 goals kicked so far to this end compared to just 6 at the other. Hawks down men on the bench as well.

In the other game tonight surely Bailey must come under pressure from the media with the Dees kicking just 2 goals to 3/4 time.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
NATANUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

what a stuffin goal, thats what footy is all about it.

Anyone still think the Eagles would rather win one more game or have a guy like him in their team.

He is going to be an icon of our game that kid, i can see it already. He hasn't done much tonight but its quality not quantity that matters

MAKE THAT ANOTHER GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TO THE BIG NAT
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »
One more to Josh Kennedy the player involved in the Judd Carltank swap and its the Eagles by 14 points. :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
Another Natanui goal and the Eagles are home.
Hawks have been the worst reigning premiers in a long time. Fact no excuses.
Not since Essendon who missed the finals in 94 after winning in 93 has a reigning premier missed the finals in their premiership defence.

Ramps

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
Great win by the eagles. They are on 16 points now and just 1 more win puts them out of the priority pick. Natanui has unbelievable athleticism. Hes a reason why clubs should tank. You dont get players like him by winning meaningless games.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
Nat >>>>>> Buddy  ;D.

Every year since the top 8 was introduced in 1994, at least one top 4 side from the previous year has missed the finals the next. Looks like the Hawks are going to be that team. They have a tough draw coming up. I know it's still early days but I reckon the final 8 is settled.

Ramps

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
Carlton supporters would be crying after seeing Natanui tonight. That lad is gonna pull thousands of people through the gates to watch him over the next decade.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »
Nat >>>>>> Buddy  ;D.

Every year since the top 8 was introduced in 1994, at least one top 4 side from the previous year has missed the finals the next. Looks like the Hawks are going to be that team. They have a tough draw coming up. I know it's still early days but I reckon the final 8 is settled.

spoken to a lot of hawks supporters and believe me they are not too fussed about this year and why would you.

they were able to win a flag and that my friends is the bottom line.

if we won a flag id couldnt care less if we missed the finals for the next 5 years.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2009, 12:35:39 PM »
Hawk supporters were talking back-to-back at the start of the year. They probably don't care now because most of the Hawthorn players themselves don't seem to care either.

Carlton supporters would be crying after seeing Natanui tonight. That lad is gonna pull thousands of people through the gates to watch him over the next decade.
Dees fans won't be too happy either although I still think Watts will turn out a good player eventually. It might help if Bailey actually played him in position up forward.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
North played pretty decent tonight.  I dont know if its the first game effort for a new coach but they will be a handful next time we play them methinks (I think we play them again anyway).

They looked very good in attack too (wouldnt that be nice)