Author Topic: March to go public tomorrow  (Read 2340 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
March to go public tomorrow
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »
Read this from BigFooty:

"Just listening to 3AW, when they mentioned they were trying to contact Richmond's president in regards to their performance on Thursday night. Initially he refused, but they just mentioned that he has since changed his mind and will go public tomorrow."

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: March to go public tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »
I am not sure this is a good idea

Devil if you devil if you dont

He doesn't say what some want to hear... more hysteria

:help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
I'm a little concerned about this, March has a habit of not keeping his mouth shut when required

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
Agree Infamy. I would say keeping your mouth shut and bunkering down this week would be a high priority. Nothing that is said will do any good if the team is flogged again so meekly against the Cats.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
why would he go 'public' tomorrow for?

honestly, if it is what i'm thinking of, we will be 'The Joke Of The AFL'.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
why would he go 'public' tomorrow for?

honestly, if it is what i'm thinking of, we will be 'The Joke Of The AFL'.
I think it just means he'll respond to the press' questions
I hope it's none of this prepared statement rubbish

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
Yeah talking only comes back to bite us.  We never seem to learn :banghead

Moi

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 12:13:45 PM »
Whether it's a good move or not to be interviewed, it's something he has to do after that performance I think.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »
Can no get aw or y&b  @ work  - someone surmise pls.

Any way time for 'TALK' is over - I expect(ed) finals this year, either on field or off somethings gotta give.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
Here you go
http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=233630&postcount=3

Hope it is all right to copy whole if not please advise or correct mods.

Gary March:

* CLose to most disappointing performance he has seen

* Spoken to TW yesterday - normal chat. TW & players incredibly disappointed

* Has no theory as to what caused it.

* the only thing that is a concern is that on the "big stage" (and against Carlton) we have not been able to perform when we have expected to perform.

(about TW's coaching future)
* If Eddie thinks Kevin (Sheedy) is such a good coach he should offer him a position at Collingwood.

* This is one game. There are 22 games in the season.

* Will March resign if the club fails this year to make finals? - That's up to the members to decide.

Knocked Damien Barrett over factually incorrect articles. re Sheeds "He[Barrett] is so far off the mark it's not funny"

Tony Shaw admits he has not been a wrap on our list for 3-4 years. Foot skills are no good and have not improved. Do you feel that you are improving even that you won 8 out of last 11 but only 1 against a top 8 side. Shaw thinks 8-9 players on the list are not good enough.

March responds you can't make 9-10 changes a year anymore because the depth of talent is not there.

"Our list has still got holes in it and we continue to address that" - specifically commented on Vickery, Browne and Post being recruited.

* A couple of young blokes will have a chance this week to play (duh)

* Terry will coach for this season. We are addressing what happened last Thursday. We have 21 weeks to go. We are not going to be reactionary after one performance. Missing out on finals would be unacceptable to our club. We are one game in.

* The other night we had 22 players who performed below their best. Deledio, Foley, 21-23 years of age - people are questioning their ability - they weren't doing that last year.

re Cousins - was he checked out physically?

* "Yeah, no he was" Matt Hornsbury(sp?) checked him out personally. Richo had a period of 4 years where he had chronic hamstring problems. Now he has been managed well to not miss a game due to hamstrings in awhile.

March getting stuck into Shaw that he is not an expert on substance abuse (re: Cousins). Shaw: "Richo and Johnson have not been on illegal jobs ripping their bodies about" - insinuating that Cousins' drug use may have made his body more fragile - eg: Hamstrings.

What are expectations for Geelong game?

* Expectations are that we go out and start to play some football that we are capable of playing as we did last year. We are capable of playing much better football than we did the other night.

Do the coaching staff take any responsibility for things they could have done better?

* Yes. Everyone is disappointed and take responsibility for what happened. Everyone knows they are better than that.

Has it become too much the "Ben Cousins football club" and not the Richmond Football Club?

* not at all. We always expected that. We've had high profile players come under scrutany all the time. What we haven't been able to deal with is the pressure in big games. We have to deal with that more than the media pressure over Ben Cousins.

* March would like to lock down the opening game Thursday game as permanent for RFC but "we didn't do ourselves any favours" the other night.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
Thanks woody and of course Y&B

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
I heard the entire interview and thought he was pretty good.

The only part he didn't handle well (IMO) was when T Shaw started linking a drug addict to chronic hamstrings. March lost a bit of composure and started talking over the top of Shaw - but it was great to hear the passion in his voice and the support for Cuz.

Loved the comments March made when asked about King Eddies comments about Sheedy taking over after Round 4. Basically made the comment that perhaps Eddie might like to have a chat to Sheeds given his sides inexplicable loss to the Crows yesterday  :lol.

The other aspect of the interview that I liked was he repeated statements (despite 3AA trying the target the coach) that everyone at the club takes responsibility including the coach and the 22 that were on the park.

Answered the questions around the coaching tenure, our list management and his own term well. Good leadership to get on the front foot and speak up, shouldn't be too much the media can spin into a headline this time.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »
Heard it and was pleasantly surprised by his interview. Still of the view that he perhaps should sit back and say nothing. Eddie should butt out of the Tiges affairs...he definitely has a confict of interest with his journo/president roles.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Was it Tiger Tenacity of old ?