Author Topic: Move On!!!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Move On!!!
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
Ok people since Thursday all I have read is negative threads and posts about the team we supposedly love. Yes we were poo, yes the players let us down, yes the game plan failed and yes we have deserved the backlash of the whole football community. I even had my 20 cents worth earlier.

Carro has had her say and it was all true, Browny has had his say and again all true, March has had his say, now lets move on. If we continue to focus on negatives all week we have no chance of even taking the field against the Cats.

I hope the Tigers can go down to the Cattery feeling like they can win and not feeling like the world is against them and they dont have a chance. As I am sitting here watching the Melbourne v's Roos game I can't help but think up to this point and with two other games to go that we were the worst performed team of the round.

But hey lets back this club in and give them a shot against the Cats, who knows with the changes coming into the side we might just cause an upset. :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Move On!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
Good stuff WAT  :thumbsup

Its been 3 days, time to move, who are we men or old nags to be whingeing about the past game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:55:53 PM »

Its been 3 days, time to move, who are we men or old nags to be whingeing about the past game.

Well we can't change it can we Chuck!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »

Well we can't change it can we Chuck!!

While some of the supporters comments have been over the top, it is the players that need to move on first.

The players are the ones that continually remind the supporters that they simply cannot handle the pressure cooker of a major game of football that requires competition, if not a win.

So once the players move on, like Carlton appear the be doing and the Hawks and the Bulldogs who were all down the ladder with us back in 2002, then we all can.

Until then, people outside the club don't respect it and the loyal supporter base Richmond enjoy has to put up with the ridicule every time we dish up efforts like Thursday night.

(A nice way to start the turn around would be a win against the Cats, I know it would help me move on :pray).
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
I'll move on when they can get a win on the board.

I predict them to this week,go down in he same insipid style and do u want to know why?

Because they are mentally weak and physically un-intimidating.

I bet some of them will be vomiting before the game this week,out of raw fear.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
Ok people since Thursday all I have read is negative threads and posts about the team we supposedly love. Yes we were poo, yes the players let us down, yes the game plan failed and yes we have deserved the backlash of the whole football community. I even had my 20 cents worth earlier.

Carro has had her say and it was all true, Browny has had his say and again all true, March has had his say, now lets move on. If we continue to focus on negatives all week we have no chance of even taking the field against the Cats.

I hope the Tigers can go down to the Cattery feeling like they can win and not feeling like the world is against them and they dont have a chance. As I am sitting here watching the Melbourne v's Roos game I can't help but think up to this point and with two other games to go that we were the worst performed team of the round.

But hey lets back this club in and give them a shot against the Cats, who knows with the changes coming into the side we might just cause an upset. :gotigers

I think it is a case of "you had to be there." I'm normally a very positive person. Im not so angry anymore or embarrassed like I was on Friday, but at the moment I have absolutely no confidence in my team, they are going to have to restore it, and not just by winning a game, even if they fluke the cats one. I want to see them play like a team, kick goals that they mean, not trick shots or long shots that go through by luck, hit a target on the chest (one that has a black and yellow jumper on).
Thats the first time I've ever come home from a game and hated my team.
A lot of good loyal people feel this way, the club have  done it and the club has to fix it. They have our memberships, we all went in pumped up and confident and proud, they didnt.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
I find swearing out loud helps.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »

As a respectable mother of 4, i keep all my swearing on the inside, I will probably die of an anuerism(sp?) lol
But even feeling the way I do, I have no intention of joining the bandwagon of Wallace head hunters. There is nothing to be gained from giving him the flick before the end of the year, there is no replacement and I reckon we will make the finals :pray
I love the way the smell of blood brings the hyenas back from the wilderness to continue the yapping and whining they stopped last year when the beast appeared to be strong

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »
I had various people want to stir me about the result and I just said very firmly "nope, I'm not talking footy" and refuse to say anything else.  They got the hint.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »

As a respectable mother of 4, i keep all my swearing on the inside, I will probably die of ananuerism(sp?) lol But even feeling the way I do, I have no intention of joining the bandwagon of Wallace head hunters. There is nothing to be gained from giving him the flick before the end of the year, there is no replacement and I reckon we will make the finals :pray
I love the way the smell of blood brings the hyenas back from the wilderness to continue the yapping and whining they stopped last year when the beast appeared to be strong
anuerism(sp?) lol
Just say blood clot!
Good thread wat, we need to be as positive as we can! No one deliberately performs badly it just happens

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »

As a respectable mother of 4, i keep all my swearing on the inside, I will probably die of ananuerism(sp?) lol But even feeling the way I do, I have no intention of joining the bandwagon of Wallace head hunters. There is nothing to be gained from giving him the flick before the end of the year, there is no replacement and I reckon we will make the finals :pray
anuerism(sp?) lol
Just say blood clot!
Good thread wat, we need to be as positive as we can! No one deliberately performs badly it just happens

As a team leader of 16 people at work I can attest to GR12 that nobody deliberately goes to work to do a bad job. However you look at daily productivity outputs and quality outputs as well as skills and try to combine all 3 to try and get the most out of each employee even though it may mean moving the employee on to another area. Thus we try to create a proactive working environment that uses its resourses effectively that gets the best results possible. Result helps business and employee.
At Richmond too many bad days at work equates to selection the following week or perserverance with a certain approach and tactic which then equates to many more bad days at work in subsequent weeks and a reactive work environment where people who make decisions make them based on previous experience or do not have the gonads to make any decision at all. Natural progression will not occur without proper nurturing and an effective learning environment with solid role models to follow.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »

anuerism(sp?) lol
Just say blood clot!

Well I wouldve but I meant the one in my brain, not my leg or other body part lol (then again im no medical expert so maybe i got it wrong anyway)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
I think it is a case of "you had to be there." I'm normally a very positive person. Im not so angry anymore or embarrassed like I was on Friday, but at the moment I have absolutely no confidence in my team, they are going to have to restore it, and not just by winning a game, even if they fluke the cats one. I want to see them play like a team, kick goals that they mean, not trick shots or long shots that go through by luck, hit a target on the chest (one that has a black and yellow jumper on).
Thats the first time I've ever come home from a game and hated my team.
A lot of good loyal people feel this way, the club have  done it and the club has to fix it. They have our memberships, we all went in pumped up and confident and proud, they didnt.

Certainly have to restore it

Top post 2JD
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
Looking forward to this Saturday actually, sitting down on the couch and seeing how we react as a team.

1 game down, 21 to go.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »
I got an email from a guy I know who is a Melbourne supporter
A real cocky bastard normally
He was genuinely sorry for me as a supporter
Must have known by my very quiet Friday, where I hardly said boo to anyone, that it had taken its toll
Really appreciated that email.
Was nice knowing that not everyone was laughing at us AGAIN!

We will all recover and go on to better days  :thumbsup