Author Topic: R3: Tigers vs Bulldogs  (Read 5397 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: R3: Tigers vs Bulldogs
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
another disappointment that will go with the collection over the last 20 odd years, this club is mentally fragile ( prefer the other word) but i dont want to get turfed from here ;)
this club has lost its culture from 1980 onwards.

sack the coach and everything will be rosy again (no pun intended)...until the next time, and trust me it will happen again with a new coach.

there is something dead down at Punt Rd since the 80's and stench is still lingering.

and to those supporters who are going to enjoy the crap that follows the sacking of another coach at Richmond SHAME ON YOU...and you call yourselves supporters.

weird logic. :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »
There is no doubt as shown in last weeks game that we thrive on momentum. When this momentum is severely hampered by ridiculous turnovers occuring frequently, thanks to King and Tambling, there is no coming back from it. As someone else said, we are mentally fragile and until we get some mental toughness and learn how to kick to a team mate, we are going nowhere. We are also unable to cover our best players if they are having an off day. Against Carlton, who was off the boil?? Deledio, Foley, Tuck, Simmonds, Richo........Who was off the boil today??.....Deledio, Foley, Tuck, Simmonds, Richo.

No further questions your honour. The defence rests.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »
another disappointment that will go with the collection over the last 20 odd years, this club is mentally fragile ( prefer the other word) but i dont want to get turfed from here ;)

sack the coach and everything will be rosy again (no pun intended)...until the next time, and trust me it will happen again with a new coach.

there is something dead down at Punt Rd since the 80's and stench is still lingering.

and to those supporters who are going to enjoy the crap that follows the sacking of another coach at Richmond SHAME ON YOU...and you call yourselves supporters.

spot on as usual rog,  this problem will be compounded with some of the liekly candidates put forward by the ferals, Wayne Campbell for example, that would be a disaster, a complete failure that is looking more and more likely.

Sacking the coach is a short term solution.

The biggest mistake the rfc did was to let terry meddle in list management.  I am still not convinced that Craig Cameron  ( the director of football ) has the authority that he is supposed to have. But at least on the surface it appears that is major structural issue has been dealt with by Gary March.

The biggest tragedy in all of this of course ( going forward ) is that the opportunities afforded to hawthorn and carlton will not be avialble to richmond, IE we will not have access to the best youngsters in australia via early draft picks, due to the sydney and GC teams coming into the competition.  That is the real problem in IMHO, IE there is no end in sight.  >:(

Jack and his mates would be loving this no doubt, for the real fans however it is just going to be more of the same....again.

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »

spot on as usual rog,  this problem will be compounded with some of the liekly candidates put forward by the ferals, Wayne Campbell for example, that would be a disaster, a complete failure that is looking more and more likely.

The biggest mistake the rfc did was to let terry meddle in list management.  I am still not convinced that Craig Cameron  ( the director of football ) has the authority that he is supposed to have. But at least on the surface it appears that is major structural issue has been dealt with by Gary March.

The biggest tragedy in all of this of course ( going forward ) is that the opportunities afforded to hawthorn and carlton will not be avialble to richmond, IE we will not have access to the best youngsters in australia via early draft picks, due to the sydney and GC teams coming into the competition.  That is the real problem in IMHO, IE there is no end in sight.  >:(

Jack and his mates would be loving this no doubt, for the real fans however it is just going to be more of the same....again.

Do you agree that we should tank now. This is the last chance to get some early picks. I think tanking this year could benefit us. We need early picks and we need a shot at getting a good player viathe PSD. We can only get that if we tank.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »

Exactly and it wouldn't solve the inherent problems at the RFC

Which are here on display in front of us as we speak (type) :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »

Do you agree that we should tank now. This is the last chance to get some early picks. I think tanking this year could benefit us. We need early picks and we need a shot at getting a good player viathe PSD. We can only get that if we tank.

you cant just turn a switch and tank,

the list is not set up to tank

The squad of 30 is middle of the road, and will end up middle of the road.

We wont get anywhere until all the blokes over 30 with their inherent mental fragility are replaced with younger bodies with both the ability and the inclination to succeed. Put simply the biggest problem is that these blokes are yet to be forced out of the side.

Everyone talks about playing youth but the reality is the youth is miles away from being ready

Connors Coughlan Thomson Pattison have all been injured and have just started playing coburg ones

Cousins Cotchin are both in our top 5 players and are still 3-6 weeks away

Vickery Putt Hughes ( inj) Gilligan Gourdis are all playing coburg 2s due to injury or form

Nahas did not have a pre-season and is still struggling for afl fitness

Hislop has been given opportunity and while being hard at the contest is yet to appear comfortable with the skill level required.

Mcmahon was dropped, but King is no upgrade, he got 41 touches setting up play last week at Coburg.

On the positive I believe that White Polo and Rance are examples of young players who were made to earn their positions in the senior side and are grasping it with both hands ATM, whether they make it or not is debateable, but they are at least talented and committed to the contest, a good start in becoming an AFL footballer

JON has played two great games in a row for coburg, he and collins should be given an opportunity for Tambling and edwards.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
"Tank" We don't need to tank, the way we are playing right now is productive enough of No results, we are already 0-3, hell we only need to continue doing what we are already doing. Tank, why try to do something when you can do it naturally to begin with.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2009, 05:04:50 PM »
Picken has no case to answer for his whack on Lids.

the match review panel reviewed a match day striking report against Bulldog Liam Picken on Brett Deledio and determined that Picken only had eyes for the ball.

The only other incident assessed by the match review panel from Monday’s clash was contact between Bulldog Stephen Tiller and Richmond’s Jack Riewoldt but the inconclusive nature of the video meant no further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74919/default.aspx

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »

the match review panel reviewed a match day striking report against Bulldog Liam Picken on Brett Deledio and determined that Picken only had eyes for the ball.

Eyes on the ball ...hmmmmmmmmm.......... he clocked him after Lids had taken the mark

Whatever

After the McPharlin fiasco I am not surprised by this decision

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
Well, after reading the hundreds of posts since Monday's game and all the associated solutions/plans/rants I thought I may as well put my 2 bob's worth in.

1.  We are the the most unintelligent, mindless, robotic team in the competition.  Even when the blindest, dumbest person on earth can see that a particular style of play/plan is not working we keep trying it.  Even when the blindest, dumbest person can see that a particular style of play/plan is working we refuse to stick to it.

2.  We have a very serious disconnect between the coaching department and the playing list.  The message is either not getting through or being totally misunderstood.  Either way the relationship is breaking down dramatically.

3.  We have some off-field personnel whose professional judgment is sub-standard.  The decision to play an obviously distracted and injured Tambling is a prime example but the Cousins injury ranks nearly as high.

4.  Jake King has now proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not up to AFL standard.

5.  The blame for the disgraceful, embarrassing start to the season cannot be singled out to one person, group or reason, but until a unified and single-minded effort from every individual person in the football collective occurs it is not going to improve.

6.  The most appropriate leadership our president and board can provide at the moment is to circle the wagons, shut their public mouths and work their butts off in-house to convince every single affected person of the club's total and unwavering commitment to club, team and success by honouring every single agreement and contract it has entered into in good faith.

7.  We have 'managed' and 'developed' our precious playing list for long enough. - They need to harden up and grow up and if that means hurting some feelings then cry me a river.  Actually, pm me with their details and I'll send them 2 bob to call someone who cares.  The days of the 'kid glove' treatment are over if they genuinely want to match it with the men.

8.  In all the years and highs and lows of following Richmond for nearly 50 years that would have to rate as one of the most disappointing and humiliating defeats I can remember.  Not for the size of the loss but for the circumstances.  We showed how soft and large our underbelly is and have just made the rest of this season so much harder for ourselves.

9.  Sacking anyone at the moment is not the answer.  Every single person connected in some way to the football team has now got their individual and collective backs well and truly to the wall - the next few weeks will identify who wants it and who doesn't, who has it and who doesn't, who should and who shouldn't, and at that point it will become obvious what are the correct decisions that need to be made.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2009, 09:49:53 PM »
Great post smokey agree with you.

but a couple of stand outs for mine

5.  The blame for the disgraceful, embarrassing start to the season cannot be singled out to one person, group or reason, but until a unified and single-minded effort from every individual person in the football collective occurs it is not going to improve.

:bow :bow exactly smokey

6.  The most appropriate leadership our president and board can provide at the moment is to circle the wagons, shut their public mouths and work their butts off in-house to convince every single affected person of the club's total and unwavering commitment to club, team and success by honouring every single agreement and contract it has entered into in good faith.

As I said on another thread

Here's the tip tigers

JUST SHUT UP

9.  Sacking anyone at the moment is not the answer.  Every single person connected in some way to the football team has now got their individual and collective backs well and truly to the wall - the next few weeks will identify who wants it and who doesn't, who has it and who doesn't, who should and who shouldn't, and at that point it will become obvious what are the correct decisions that need to be made.

Within the next 2-4 weeks we will know, we will definitely know

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2009, 07:45:36 AM »

Eyes on the ball ...hmmmmmmmmm.......... he clocked him after Lids had taken the mark

Whatever

After the McPharlin fiasco I am not surprised by this decision
What a load of rubbish!! Clocked him twice and had the blood running down Lids face.  Probably could have clocked the umpire and got away with it.  Unbelievable :banghead