Author Topic: Coburg Summary of RFC Players  (Read 4179 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Coburg Summary of RFC Players
« on: May 17, 2004, 03:24:56 PM »
Well what can I say? I made the trip down the highway and .....

It was awful, pathetic, woeful…. I could go on but….

He is my summary of how I thought the Tiger players went yesterday. Let me add that on yesterday’s performances no-one staked a claim for promotion to the seniors.

Morrison: started at CHB – why?? He struggled down back but when he was finally moved to CHF he looked a lot better. Overall very little impact bur never stopped trying which is saying something considering the disposal and delivery of his teammates.

Pettifer: did OK. Started on the half forward line and rotated into the mid field on occasions. I actually felt sorry for him – he kept presenting and the ball kept going over his head. He did find himself down back later and continued to attack the contest but had very little support.

Dragga: compared to his other games this season this wasn’t one of his best. Though I must say he is moving a lot better than he was this time last season. The big positive for Dragga at the moment is the way he is attacking the ball and going into packs – no fear regarding the knee and that’s got to be a positive. His disposal let him down yesterday on a number of occasions

Marsh: tired hard but didn’t have any impact on the game

Moore: started at FB and got himself out of position a number a times in contests and as result was beated a number of times. Like most of Coburg was let down poor by disposal and decision making. Moved forward late in the game kicked a couple of goals.

Zantuck: did not play  >:(

Raines: I like this kid – really needs to bulk up but certainly has some good skills. His kicking at times let him down but on the whole was solid. Would be interested to see how he would go in the big leagues

Foley: Poor kid found himself at FF for a while – which was stupid especially when he is on someone 6 foot. Once moved into the mid field was a lot better. His disposal by hand is excellent in the packs but his kicking let him down at times yesterday

Tuck: started at CHF and tried hard. The one thing you are guaranteed with Tuck is that he makes a contest and if he doesn’t take the mark he will always fights for the ball. I thought he looked a ot better when he played between the HBF and wing. Has to be getting closed to senior selection

I have left the best till last…..

Blumfield: Now I appreciate that he is lacking match fitness but please. He looks so totally disinterested it isn’t funny and his slow. Actually he is BLOODY SLOW! I reckon I could beat him in a sprint and I am a traditional crouch potatoe. The best way I can explain it is like this: he should tear the VFL competition to pieces but yesterday his skill level was awful. His attack on the footy wasn’t there and as a senior player he should do better IMO. If he doesn’t do something quick I reckon he will be spending the rest of his year at Coburg.  >:(

I think I have covered everyone who played
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 03:48:17 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Coburg Summary of RFC Players
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 04:23:19 PM »
Thanks for the run-down Willy.

i have seen Coburg a few times this year and think Foley is a good prospect and agree that Tuck should be given a go.

On Blumfield, I have also noticed that it appears that he doesn't give a stuff.  I remember in a game earlier in the year he was easily bustled off the ball by a kid, then he just stood there and didn't chase.  There is no excuse for this - if he's injured, rest him, otherwise Capuano him if this is the attitude he's gonna have.  Talk about slow, if people think Weller is slow, go down and have a look at Blumfield.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 01:49:34 AM »

I know Ty got fined but was that part of his punishment WP? Seems a strange way to punish a player by not playing him in the reserves ???.

Blumfield hasn't had a full pre-season in the two years he's been with us and if he's not fit then he'll struggle big time. However, if that's not the excuse then based on what WP and Harry have said I'd reckon he'd be a high chance to be out the door come end of the season.

Sunday was a chance for one of the Coburg blokes to score a senior berth with Weller doing a hamstring and Rodan and young Roach needing a spell in the 2nds. Sadly by the sound of it no one took this opportunity.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 09:03:17 AM »

I know Ty got fined but was that part of his punishment WP? Seems a strange way to punish a player by not playing him in the reserves ???.

I don't know MT but I heard on SEN this morning with that "Deep Throat" character that the CLub and Ty had come to an "agreement" that he would not play last week for Coburg for "personal reasons".

Weird :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 09:25:13 AM »
Wouldn't playing him without payment sevrve the club better in regards to fitness and Coburgs ability to win the game? :-\
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went