Author Topic: Brendan Schwab on SEN  (Read 2680 times)

RonBranton

Brendan Schwab on SEN
« on: September 29, 2004, 11:28:43 AM »
KB interviewed Schwab for ten minutes today.

Here is a summary of the discussion as it unfolded:

They have sent the club a letter of demand in order to obtain a commitment from the existing board to honour the agreement made mid year. They are asking for formal letters of resignation to allow a postal vote from all adult members. They want this postal vote controlled by the Australian Electoral Commission in order to ensure a proper process, to avoid the problems of last year's election (late forms etc) and to avoid an emotional public meeting.

They want to present their alternative members as a group - led my Macek. They are happy with the late December date, and if they don't get clarification from the current board they will turn the AGM into an EGM.

Schwab felt that the agreement struck in July had only been partly met - that part relating to them being involved in the appointment of the new coach. They are happy with TW but the overall standards and professionalism of the RFC is not acceptable.

KB then raised the Ottens scenario - asking if Schwab's group would have kept him. Schwab went into detail about his injuries, his age, his history etc and the discussion imho got a bit confused. Schwab said that the RFC should be in a position to pay market rates. Other clubs were in a position to pay market rates and it was galling for supporters and members of the club if the RFC was unable to take advantage of the PSD and other benefits given to clubs that finish low on the ladder due to our financial constraints.

KB asked specifically if Schwab would try to keep Ottens and he answered (correctly imho) that it was not appropriate to discuss specific players and went on to say how the club's culture was not one that made players comfortable to stay and develop - there is no culture of success. He added that it was disappointing to have the club criticise people when they ask to leave. The club has no embracing culture but instead has a divisive culture - which starts at the board.

He said that Macek will bring respect, as shown by his involvement on boards such as Wesfarmers.

KB took a call from a listener who asked Schwab how the EGM would work and how many of his ticket had been there before. Schwab did not address the EGM question but went through some of his ticket saying how many were completely new and that they were all successful people bringing a cross section of talent, the right values, are team players, have the right culture and are a collective ticket. He said they don't have the 100 names for an EGM but that would be a simple matter to organize if needed.

The things they were seeking immediately were the resignations and an agreement for a postal vote. The things that were missing from the July agreement were financial disclosures, no general agreement for a smooth transtion and no transparancy and honesty.

Schwab then stated that the current board was divided, as shown by Casey asking for Turner and Mathy (?) to resign just last month.

KB took a second caller who had plenty to say (KB asked him if he was a member - guess what  >:( ) The caller claimed that Ottens was a victim of the environment at the club and that they should pay him what he wants for one year and see how he likes the new environment etc etc. KB basically knocked that over. Schwab said that players should be happy to believe that the RFC is the best place for them to be.

That was about it - I'm tired now - I think I'll go home.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 12:03:35 PM by RonBranton »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Cameron Schwab on SEN
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 11:41:23 AM »
And did Brendan Schwab have anything to add Ron :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 11:44:24 AM »
What ever happened to Brendan Schwab????, Oh Ronnie, get off the stuff your on, its effects the brain cells ;D

Jackstar

Re: Brendan Schwab on SEN
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 12:05:35 PM »
Good to see Ronnie has found the modify button ;)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 12:06:09 PM »
He added that it was disappointing to have the club criticise people when they ask to leave. The club has no embracing culture but instead has a divisive culture - which starts at the board.

Hello!   :-\  And what do you call an alternative ticket?  A happy reunion?   :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

He said that Macek will bring respect, as shown by his involvement on boards such as Wesfarmers.

He doesn’t have my respect and neither do any of those on this ticket, who are just causing more division and instability.  Even though they are "team players".  ::)

Schwab did not address the EGM question but went through some of his ticket saying how many were completely new and that they were all successful people bringing a cross section of talent, the right values, are team players, have the right culture and are a collective ticket.

Team players my foot.  Are in it for themselves and their egos.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 12:30:10 PM »
He added that it was disappointing to have the club criticise people when they ask to leave. The club has no embracing culture but instead has a divisive culture - which starts at the board.

Hello!   :-\  And what do you call an alternative ticket?  A happy reunion?   :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

:lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

Group hug anyone?  ;D :cheers

froars

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 12:47:49 PM »
Poor Ronnie -  :rollin

Some of us appreciate you old fella - great reporting  :)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 01:00:22 PM »
KB asked specifically if Schwab would try to keep Ottens and he answered (correctly imho) that it was not appropriate to discuss specific players and went on to say how the club's culture was not one that made players comfortable to stay and develop - there is no culture of success. He added that it was disappointing to have the club criticise people when they ask to leave. The club has no embracing culture but instead has a divisive culture - which starts at the board.

Excuse me - the Club has criticised Brad have they? By saying they are disappointed with his decision. I wouldn't call that "criticising" - I'd call that very lenient especially after his comments back in August and his backflip last week. Quite frankly he deserves to be criticised but that is for another a topic ;)

But really what do you expect them to do Brendan you fool? Pat him on the head and say "thanks so much lovey". Get real. :banghead