Author Topic: Coburg vs Geelong - Sat 18 April  (Read 4510 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Geelong - Sat 18 April
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »
fantastic, shows  character to keep your head up when you get dropped and play well

well done blingers sarge and titch

hopefully they all make it back next week , just so we can read daniels whinging posts!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »
2009 VFL Seniors

Coburg Tigers   5.4  13.9  20.10  27.16 (178)
Geelong            3.2  8.3  12.6  16.8 (104)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Schulz 7 Carnell 4 Gourdis 2 Thomson 2 Liddle 2 Vickery 2 Clarke 2 Oakley-Nicholls  Carrick  Horne  Tambling  Pattison  Edwards
Geelong: Smith 3 Moles 3 Simpson 2 Weadon 2 Djerrkura 2 Carson  Podsiadly  Hollmer  Hogan

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Horne Schulz Clarke Silvester Tambling Carnell
Geelong: Johnson Moles Djerrkura Podsiadly Carson Smith

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
2009 VFL Reserves ....... just repeating it here.

Coburg Tigers   2.3   8.7     8.9    13.13 (91)
Williamstown   1.10  4.14  13.19  19.22 (136)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Polak 4 GILLIGAN 2 Kellett 2 Hughes  Hislop  Kelly  Clifton Pettifer
Williamstown: Galea 7 Stack 3 Keddell 3 Rampe 2 Nicolopoulos  Florance  Graham  Joyce

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Hughes Jordon Putt Considine Polak Hislop
Williamstown: Galea Keddell Langlands Rampe Shaw Miller

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
Great win by the Burgers. Hopefully a few RFC guys other those mentioned had good games to put pressure on senior players in the RFC side to finally perform.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
Djekurra is also another player to be looked at in October trades, Geelong have a couple we should be interested in namely Hawkins and Djekurra for mine.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
That's great news that a few that got dropped played well BUT if are to be a great side we need these guys to really hurt when they get dropped and by putting them straight back up tells them that's it's ok to play poorly, get dropped, play a good game in the twos and get your spot back.

Great clubs make them put together 3, 4 or more good games in the twos before putting them back in regardless of what our seniors are doing. We need to build a culture down there that to play in our side you need to be playing well and doing all the little things that make good sides i.e. chasing, tackling, blocking, etc.

TW needs to almost teach these young kids  a lesson that poor performances are not rewarded at the Richmond Football Club. We need to teach the next group of leaders at our club to change the culture at our club so it does not continue for another 25 years. Hard lessons to learn and it will not be done overnight but enough is enough. They need to know everytime they put the yellow and black on that it's a privilege and an honour and to do it proud everytime! To be excited everytime their name is read out in the side and not to take it for granted that they will get a game because of who they are or what they have done!

A perfect example of this was last year when Bowden and Petts were dropped, they both played well for 3-4 games before getting the recall, and if i remember correctly we at senior level won a few games at the time. Maybe no coincidence but players knew that poor games might mean they join these two at Coburg.

I would like to see Cogs get a game soon but for the others, a few more weeks in the best at Coburg before even being considered!!
I hope we win well tomorrow and everybody plays well so changes will be hard to make.
Go Tiges!!

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
Pettifer was very good in the half he played today.

Had atleast 15 off half back and kicked a goal.

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »
That's great news that a few that got dropped played well BUT if are to be a great side we need these guys to really hurt when they get dropped and by putting them straight back up tells them that's it's ok to play poorly, get dropped, play a good game in the twos and get your spot back.

Great clubs make them put together 3, 4 or more good games in the twos before putting them back in regardless of what our seniors are doing. We need to build a culture down there that to play in our side you need to be playing well and doing all the little things that make good sides i.e. chasing, tackling, blocking, etc.

TW needs to almost teach these young kids  a lesson that poor performances are not rewarded at the Richmond Football Club. We need to teach the next group of leaders at our club to change the culture at our club so it does not continue for another 25 years. Hard lessons to learn and it will not be done overnight but enough is enough. They need to know everytime they put the yellow and black on that it's a privilege and an honour and to do it proud everytime! To be excited everytime their name is read out in the side and not to take it for granted that they will get a game because of who they are or what they have done!

A perfect example of this was last year when Bowden and Petts were dropped, they both played well for 3-4 games before getting the recall, and if i remember correctly we at senior level won a few games at the time. Maybe no coincidence but players knew that poor games might mean they join these two at Coburg.

I would like to see Cogs get a game soon but for the others, a few more weeks in the best at Coburg before even being considered!!
I hope we win well tomorrow and everybody plays well so changes will be hard to make.
Go Tiges!!

Good post.  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »

Go Tiges!!
Good post :clapping

Likewise those in the side should feel the pressure to perform every week because being dropped should mean you won't be back in the side for a while given the competition for places. If we win well tomorrow with a good team effort then there's no reason to make any changes no matter how well RFC guys played today for Coburg.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »
Great in theory, problem is we have so many that under-perform in the seniors that we HAVE to make lots of changes each week, hence players getting easier-than-desired promotions back to RIchmond.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2009, 07:58:18 PM »
Great in theory, problem is we have so many that under-perform in the seniors that we HAVE to make lots of changes each week, hence players getting easier-than-desired promotions back to RIchmond.
That's true too jezza but you would think there'd be lesser tolerance towards underperforming senior players than towards younger players still finding their feet.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2009, 08:47:41 PM »
lets hope blingers and cogs are selected next week.  fingers crossed that cogs holds it together injury wise and well done to blingers for not dropping his head and staying positive

NO NO NO

Blingers plays one good game and bring him in for what.

Its not effin fair IMO.

Cogs, Collins, Polo, Rance consistently among the best at Coburg and did they get selected????? NO

so why the hell should he get picked after one good game. He needs to earn it. 4 weeks straight in the best and you might see him change his ways when he plays for the tigers.

Good boy Richie , stick it up em - LOL

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
We have to start somewhere Jezza. As i said in the post, it will not happen over night but something has to change. To many average proformances rewarded with games of footy of the Richmond Football Club.
 :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:49 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web so I typed it out.....

Schulz nabs seven goals
Sunday 19 APR 2009, Page S05

DUMPED Richmond forward Jay Schulz has put his hand up for an immediate senior recall, kicking seven goals for Coburg in the VFL yesterday -- on his 24th birthday.

Schulz took several monster contested marks to lead the Tigers' VFL affiliate to a 74-point win over Geelong.

No.8 draft pick Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls bounced back from a quiet first half to play a leading role after the break.

Richard Tambling looked slick at times, but floated in and out of the contest playing mostly midfield.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 07:20:16 AM »
We have to start somewhere Jezza. As i said in the post, it will not happen over night but something has to change. To many average proformances rewarded with games of footy of the Richmond Football Club.
 :gotigers

Injuries and depth or there lack of make it difficult to put big tones plan into action but he does have a very valid point