Author Topic: Rookie list  (Read 1460 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Rookie list
« on: September 30, 2004, 02:31:41 AM »
With us watching our pennies this is an opportunity to start honing in our skills on using our Rookie list to its full advantage. A rookie costs only ~$25K base compared to a senior listed draftee on base ~$125K.

With dragga delisted we only have Moore and Foley still on it (unless one or both are promoted for good in 2005). We can have 6 rookies (the maximum) as Richo and Cambo will be included in our senior list of 38 although we might save a little bit of dough and go for 3 or 4.

What do you reckon we will do? How many rookies will we have and anyone got any speculative names that we might include as rookies instead of picking them up late in the National draft?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

Re: Rookie list
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 06:15:23 AM »
I reckon that Edward Clarke from ACT /Rams might end upon someones rookie list, ala Aaron Davey. Not many clubs will take the risk due to his body size.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 08:41:38 AM »
I would expect Kel Moore to be promoted to the seniors list. Foley will probably remain as rookie.

There was a tall blonde headed kid whos name escapes me running around for Coburg this year (could be Jorgensen) who played TAC cup in 2002 - wouldn't be surprised if we rookie him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 08:55:59 AM »
Jorgo would have to improve heaps !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 08:56:20 AM »
Only suggesting him because he is tall and we are looking rather short at the moment ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 05:09:28 PM »
I reckon that Edward Clarke from ACT /Rams might end upon someones rookie list, ala Aaron Davey. Not many clubs will take the risk due to his body size.

Here's a summary on Clarke by footydraft.com

Ed Clarke

Club: North Shore/NSW
DOB: 11 June 1986 Hgt: 178cm Wgt: 91kg
Position: Ruck Rover
Natural Foot: Right

Honours:
New South Wales 2003, 2004
MVP on New South Wales 2004
All Australian 2004
State Screening Camp 2004

Strengths: Clarke is a powerful centreman who is 91kg of muscle. He is one of the best performed players in underage football this year, having dominated in the under 18 carnival, gathering 10 Morrish Medal votes in 4 games, then winning the MVP in Allies v Victoria game.

He is a freak at the stoppages, just constantly wins the ball out of the centre and pumps it forward. He is also extremely dangerous in front of goal, kicking 6 in the final carnival match. Is a long kick and has clean hands. Also a good leader and strong in the hips. Tackles very hard.

Weaknesses: Clarke's body strength compared to the other kids at this level gives him a massive advantage. Probably has little scope for improvement and lacks pace. Can get the blinkers in front of goal.

Footydraft.com comment: What to do? What to do? This guy is a man playing in a kids comp, but boy can he play. His body shape is all wrong and for every Sam Mitchell there is a David Kellett or Daniel Elstone who hasn't made it. Definitely worth a rookie list at the VERY least, but I think clubs will be too wary to draft him.

http://www.footydraft.com/players.php?player=ed_clarke&dr=n
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 05:15:19 PM »
Mightytiges, I didnt write that arctile ;).
That guy who wrote that has been reading my notes :o