Author Topic: What are the chances no one will want Ottens for the price?  (Read 1797 times)

Bulluss

What are the chances no one will want Ottens for the price?
« on: October 01, 2004, 08:45:26 AM »
With the trade period starting on Monday, things are really starting to hot up.

With Miller and Wallace publicly stating they want 2 first round picks or a gun player and a first rounder. They have set the bar high in what they want in return for Ottens.

Now that Nathan Thompson has put his hand up for a trade and theres sure to be other players names thrown around by the end of next week, clubs such as Geelong may go down a "cheaper" road other than Ottens Blvd.

Is there a chance that Brad will have to think about what Richmond have offered him and maybe reconsider?

Thoughts?

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
Re: What are the chances no one will want Ottens for the price?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 10:01:14 AM »
Saddam will President again before Otto will be welcome at the RFC
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 11:23:19 AM »
With the trade period starting on Monday, things are really starting to hot up.

With Miller and Wallace publicly stating they want 2 first round picks or a gun player and a first rounder. They have set the bar high in what they want in return for Ottens.

Now that Nathan Thompson has put his hand up for a trade and theres sure to be other players names thrown around by the end of next week, clubs such as Geelong may go down a "cheaper" road other than Ottens Blvd.

Is there a chance that Brad will have to think about what Richmond have offered him and maybe reconsider?

Thoughts?

I would be inclined to think the offer Geelong has put forward with pick 16, 32 and the two players will be accepted if all else fails.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 12:06:13 PM »
I would be signing on the bottom line now before Geelong give in.  You can bluff for a certain period, but Geelong actually sound like they're playing it serious and paying us what he's worth - more than what he's worth actually.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 12:37:41 PM »
I would be signing on the bottom line now before Geelong give in. 

I wouldn't be agreeing to anything.

North are prepared to trade pick 10 and a player. What if North says picks 10 & 26 plus a player, say Jones - which deals looks better?

I reckon the Ottens saga will play out until the middle of the week unless Brad's management oops... Brad changes his mind again. 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 12:50:46 PM »
If that's what Clubs are offering now, it's unlikely the interest will fall away between now and the end of trade week.

Whatever happens, those involved in the trade should know when to hold and when to fold.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 01:40:58 PM »
The first few days of trade week are normally quiet and a anti-climax anyway. We'll probably won't hear of any trades completed until at least midweek and once one card falls the rest seem to follow quickly. I'd reckon Otto is the first card. Geelong and the Roos each want Otto. Remember Otto is at least 2 years younger and is more agile and potentially more talented and versatile than either Thomson or Simmonds. I wouldn't be signing anything yet either. I would rather less of quality than more of average. I consider pick 32, Enright and Gardiner as trying to use average picks/players to add up to a quality player/pick. It doesn't work that way. At the moment North are in front with their higher first pick IMHO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
Charlie Gardiner...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banghead

We have to learn if other clubs don't want them.....then we probably don't either! We don't have a good history with rejects: Blumfield, Hilton, Fletcher, Morrison, Weller, Hudson, Sziller, King etc etc . No one usually resurrects their career at Tigerland.....it's been a graveyard.