Author Topic: WHY IS Newman ???  (Read 1913 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: WHY IS Newman ???
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »
Why is Newman our captain!!!!!! he ust sits there and looks like he has lost the grand final when a person like richo is pouring his heart into each game???

RICHO FOR CAPTAIN  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Thread should be..... WHY WERE YOU BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
I think Richo has admitted the time for him captaining the side has well and truly passed.

Any other alternatives are either not ready or are subject to form slumps which would just mean in either case they would be torn apart by our "supporters".

Newman was never a gun and never will be anything but a steady reliable player.  Personally I think he is a caretaker captain. 

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
newman is hiding

please keep ur body togethers cogs and be our captain next ur

if not jackson or tambling to look after the role til cotchin is ready
TigerTime, i have held my tounge with some of your posts in thre past but this would have to be one of the most baffling. Jackson or Tambling! Both will be very lucky to even be on our list come seasons end. Jackson is a good tryer at best, cannot hit the side of a barn by hand or by foot and has the footy brain of a cricketer, and Tambling is small and scared and runs under the footy at every oppotunity, hits targets half the amount he misses them and worst of all looks disinterested most of the time- not really captain material one would think!!!
Try again Champ!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »
Jackson or Tambling! Both will be very lucky to even be on our list come seasons end.

No chance unless we are planning to delist about 15 players, plenty in the gun before them

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »

You can't be serious :gobdrop

great to see him make it back but after yesterday I am coubting whether he is in our best 22. the dodgy kicking and lack speed made him a liability at times yesterday

Captain... as I said you cannot be serious

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »

You can't be serious :gobdrop

great to see him make it back but after yesterday I am coubting whether he is in our best 22. the dodgy kicking and lack speed made him a liability at times yesterday

Captain... as I said you cannot be serious

Well you cant be serious that the current captain is any good,
Couldnt lead a bunch of 4 years at kinder.
he is a shocker.
The lack of leadership on the field is appallling.
Talking about the team "'falling to bits" when the going gets tuff.
Watch Ben Cousins yesterday in regards to be a leader and telling guys where to stand at stoppages etc.
Watch Newy in his efforts about onfield leadership, there aint any :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
Well you cant be serious that the current captain is any good,
Couldnt lead a bunch of 4 years at kinder.
he is a shocker.
The lack of leadership on the field is appallling.
Talking about the team "'falling to bits" when the going gets tuff.
Watch Ben Cousins yesterday in regards to be a leader and telling guys where to stand at stoppages etc.
Watch Newy in his efforts about onfield leadership, there aint any :banghead

I have never ever said the current Captain is any good.. certainly didn't say it in my initial response

Well actually Jackie I was about to take a deep breath and start a whole new thread about leadership or in our case our distinct lack of it. Because you know I am so peeed off after yesterday's debacle.

Most people here know I am not Newman fan and because of that I usually refrain from saying too much on him because I get accused of potting him because I don't rate him that highly.

However, being brutally honest he showed no leadership yesterday at all.

He played too far off his man and there were times yesterday when kicking in he kicked it to himself and then bombed it 45 metres to contest where we were out numbered while on the opposite of the ground he had 2 blokes who had run created the space and had actually opened the members side of the ground to our advantage. It didn't happen once it happened at least 3 possibly 4 times

People go off about some of young blokes and the decisions they make but the young blokes look to the experienced guys for leadership and if the Captain is dishing that up no bloody wonder the likes of Edwards and JON make the decisions they do. Ditto with Bowden J, and his lacklustre disposal yesterday.

Want me to go on... I can if you want

I agree with you about Cousins.. he is a natural leader and again being brutally honest would make an oustanding captain for our young blokes. I was just super impressed they way he spoke to Collins a couple of times yesterday at the stoppages, ditto with gus Graham

TT suggested that Cogs could/should be our captain next year and sorry I disagree with that whole idea because he showed again yesterday that there are some questions again (after Sydney the week before) to me at least about the pace of the game and his ability to impact and keep pace with it.

As I said the leadership issue I reckon deserves a whole thread to itself

Jackstar is back

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »
agree with you again, whats happening.
interesting to see Cuz run off the interchange yelling at his teammates and directing there where to stand and go,
Totally amazing see its his 2nd game.
Just shows how bad we are.
It would be iinteresting to know what is being said by the asistants at the breaks, if Cuz is instucting them where to stand etc.

Have to agree,yesterday was so poor.

You can go on if you want. am all ears

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 03:15:57 PM »
Have to agree,yesterday was so poor.

You can go on if you want. am all ears

Well I have to leave it for now.

Have to be somewhere else on this day but I'll get back to it later I promise  :thumbsup

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
for all of you tambling knockers , watch him closely on the field, he is the one like cousins , trying to direct traffic and organise the team properly, and evry time they did what he said we looked a far better team, he is a leader on the field it is just you knockers cannot accept that.

and re jackson, many of you over exagerate his bad kicking, he is no where near as bad as many think.

and about cogs, some of his clearance work and marking yesterday were top class, his handpasses out of congestion to space were excellent, unlike foley and tuck handballing to a stationary player and then not even trying to protect or shepheard him

our only other option is to make cousins captian next yr til cotchin is ready, maybe cuz can help groom him into a great great captain

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »
Now where was I about leadership  ;D

Arghh yes I've mentioned the Captain. Let me now mention our VC. I read with interest on another thread the comment about how Foley is running around in circles and that has to be the coaches fault.

I agree he is running around in circles but to blame the coach for the fact that he had blokes peeling off to one side and HE decided instead to ignore them to dance around, do the hokie pokie and turn around then give it off by hand to someone surrounded by 3 opponents is not the coaches fault. That is the players own decision making and it was poor especially when he has a forward one out inside fifty with the likes of Nahas, Tambling and Lids streaming forward to crumb. To me that isn't great leadership. Handballing up in the air hoping for the best in a contested situation again poor leadership and decision making. And I am sorry I know the papers are saying he played well but let's not get seduced by the number of possessions. I'll say it until I am blue in the face it isn't how many you get but what you actually do with them.

I could go on but I really wonder what is the point

I mentioned briefly in my previous rant the "lacklustre" disposal of our most experienced player and the term lacklustre is being very kind. It was terrible, costly and gut wrenching to watch

Bottom line is (and I think I posted this somewhere else) senior players with or without a leadership title are leaders simply because of their experience. What message did our senior players send yesterday to our young players?

I will leave the DVCaptains out of this rant because one was clearly hampered by a bung shoulder and the other I thought was our best player and showed great leadership

What we needed was someone to stand up, take the game on and lead and for our appointed leaders I really don't think we got it from them.

The scariest thing to me was a bloke who was playing just his second game for us and his 2nd game in what 18 months showed more leadership in the time he was on the ground than the others (bar Deledio). Anyone querstioning the value of Ben Cousins to this footy club should get hold of the tape and just watch Ben Cousins and his taking charge around the stoppages, centre ball ups etc....

That endeth my rant on the subject of leadership

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »
in that case , cousins should be made captain next yr