Author Topic: WHY IS Newman ???  (Read 1916 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
WHY IS Newman ???
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:08:05 AM »
Why is Newman our captain!!!!!! he ust sits there and looks like he has lost the grand final when a person like richo is pouring his heart into each game???

RICHO FOR CAPTAIN  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: WHY IS Newman ???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:58:56 AM »
Great thread  :banghead

Get over it. Richo is 34yo and will never captain the club.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 08:42:09 AM »

Be gentle Damo, responses like that start slanging matches. Id love to see Richo captain and see if we can some passion into the playing group, having said that winning can do the same thing

Offline Richogun

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »

Be gentle Damo, responses like that start slanging matches. Id love to see Richo captain and see if we can some passion into the playing group, having said that winning can do the same thing
Spot on pal. If half the team had richos passion and black and yellow heart we would go a long way!!!!!! :gotigers

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:08:46 PM »
THE real sad thing about us the rfc is that we had the best afl captain in the making at our feet. ONE  MARK COUGHLAN!!!!

his injuries have been our biggest nightmare.  he was our captain in waiting, a  true leader on field and played it hard , he was a paul kelly with polish.  unfortunately his injuries cost him a great career which i hope gets back on track, and with any luck , his body holds up, he finds his best form again, and who knows he may be our next captain in a yr or 2.

we have missed a fit cogs desparately

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
THE real sad thing about us the rfc is that we had the best afl captain in the making at our feet. ONE  MARK COUGHLAN!!!!

his injuries have been our biggest nightmare.  he was our captain in waiting, a  true leader on field and played it hard , he was a paul kelly with polish.  unfortunately his injuries cost him a great career which i hope gets back on track, and with any luck , his body holds up, he finds his best form again, and who knows he may be our next captain in a yr or 2.

I like Cogs..... i think, cannot really remember.... anyway i hope he goes well.
But as a captain, i think not. He is another quiet, intrevert and barely says boo! (and to be totally blunt, a weird unit) Not really captain material.
Although some of the captains of the last 5 years or so, by us and other clubs have been average at best.
So i guess he may still a have a chance.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »

I like Cogs..... i think, cannot really remember.... anyway i hope he goes well.
But as a captain, i think not. He is another quiet, intrevert and barely says boo! (and to be totally blunt, a weird unit) Not really captain material.
Although some of the captains of the last 5 years or so, by us and other clubs have been average at best.
Kirk is one of the biggest space cadets in the AFL, yet he's a very good captain

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »

Kirk is one of the biggest space cadets in the AFL, yet he's a very good captain
I don't know Kirk but fair enough.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »

I don't know Kirk but fair enough.
I do know Kirk and the call is a little harsh, has studied Buddaism and is an extremely deep thinker in life and football

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
He's still a strange character, likes licking peoples faces
Not saying he's dumb, just a little out there, certainly a different breed of footballer (pretty easy seeing as most don't use their brains)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
What a transformation in our captain??

I for one was content with the Newman choice but would rather have preferred Lids but seriously WTF is wrong with him.

He seems a shadow of his former self.

Shy and Timid, another Sugar leading our team.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 08:30:28 AM »
deledio is a shy and timid introvert also, not a captain

only if jackson had a bit more polish, but he has the attitude of a captain. But the way things are going , Tambling has leadership all over him and has put up with alot and is getting stronger and stronger

cotchin is definately in line somewhere

riewoldt has shown he hasnt got what it takes, even though he has shown glimpes here and there

this year, jackson is winning our b and f and its because he hard , ok his disposal isnt always the best but its tenfold better than foleys
if jackson can imprve 10 % with his disposal , he is the man for the job, a hard ranga

btw , newman iirc, was fevolas best man at his wedding, i rest my case

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:03 AM »
I dont think Newman should be captain. My preference is Lids but I would entertain Tambling being captain even if he hasnt performed as he should have. Maybe some leadership will bring out his best. Im still waiting to see the player who played his first game in a NAB cup Vs Collingwood, he burned his opponents and he was good- can that  Richard Tambling stand up. Thats the Tambling we need.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
Can anyone tell me if Newman was interviewed post game yesterday ???

I heard Axel on MMM then switched to a couple of AM stations but didn't catch anything.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 10:43:01 AM »
newman is hiding

please keep ur body togethers cogs and be our captain next ur

if not jackson or tambling to look after the role til cotchin is ready