Author Topic: Coburg B&F  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Coburg B&F
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2004, 04:35:18 PM »
I reckon HarryH makes an excellent point here about young Roach. The longer the season went on the more time Roach spent on the bench - he at times simply appeared to have run out of steam. Granted he hurt his knee near the end of the season but I think this highlights one of the problems we have had for a number of years that is (and it's been raised on another thread), the conditioning and fitness of some our players.

I think it may have had something to do with his confidence as well WP.  Wouldn't help anyone the way he was on and off the bench for the seniors, mainly on.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg B&F
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2004, 04:37:22 PM »
I think it may have had something to do with his confidence as well WP.  Wouldn't help anyone the way he was on and off the bench for the seniors, mainly on.

I speaking more about when he went back to Coburg TS. Spent long periods on the bench there as well. He seemed to really struggle in seeing out the season. Agree that when he was in the seniors he spent more time as a "pine warmer" than as a player. That unfortunately seemed to be the Frawley way.  :'(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)