Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey - Sat May 2 (Live on ABC TV)  (Read 5648 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs Casey - Sat May 2 (Live on ABC TV)
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:42:25 AM »
VFL Round 4

Coburg Tigers vs Casey Scorpions

Saturday May 2 @ ABD Group Stadium

Ressies:  10:20 AM
Seniors:  1:10 PM

Broadcast:

Television: The ABC1 broadcast of the VFL on Saturday, May 2 will now feature the Coburg Tigers and Casey Scorpions live from ABD Group Stadium, Coburg  :thumbsup.

nb. Change to radio and web broadcast - Casey FM won't be broadcasting the game on the radio/internet as our game is now on TV. They're covering instead North Ballarat and Collingwood.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:55:50 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg vs Casey - Sat May 2 (Live on ABC TV)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
With Cotch and Cuz playing Coburg would be expecting a big crowd and pay day although now it's on the tellie that may take away from the gate.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »
It'll be a ratings bonanza for the ABC!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
Ch 10 news just confirmed Cuz will be playing for Coburg alongside Cotch.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cuz to play for Coburg this week (RFC)
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 07:08:57 PM »
Cuz to play for Coburg this week
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 5:20 PM Thu 30 April, 2009

BEN Cousins will step out in the VFL for Coburg on Saturday and could be just one game away from an AFL return.

The 30-year-old hasn’t played since he tore his hamstring more than a month ago in the Tigers round one loss to Carlton.

Richmond football manager Ross Monaghan said Cousins would play almost a full game for Coburg.

"He'll play in blocks of time, and he'll end up with about 60 or 70 per cent of game time," Monaghan told richmondfc.com.au on Thursday afternoon.

"He's been training really really well, he just needs a bit more match practice, and he'll certainly get that playing for Coburg."

Monaghan said the way Cousins got through the game and recovered would be major factors in where he played next weekend.

"Absolutely – we'd be crystal-balling a little bit with what might occur next week, because it largely depends on how he gets through the game, how he feels and responds early next week,” he said.

"We'll just wait and see on that one."

Joining Cousins at Coburg for the match against the Casey Scorpions will be young midfielder Trent Cotchin, ruckman Troy Simmonds and forward Kane Pettifer, who has played a couple of games for the Coburg reserves on his way back from a knee reconstruction.

Andrew Raines, Shane Edwards and Jay Schulz – who has booted 10 goals in the past two weeks for the Burgers – have been included on an extended Richmond squad which boasts an unchanged 22.

So that trio could also play for Coburg if they don't travel to Sydney with the AFL team.

For Casey, Jack Watts is in line to make his senior VFL debut, and if he does, could play alongside Russell Robertson, Austin Wonaeamirri and Matthew Whelan.

The game will be played at ABD Group Stadium in Russell Street, Coburg, starting at 1:10pm.

It will also be broadcast live on ABC TV.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/blogarticle/tabid/14215/newsid/75989/default.aspx

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
So i am going to a suburban ground to watch the likes of Cotchin, Cousins, Raines, Robertson, Watts and Wonameiri e.t.c.
Not a bad day out, all of this with free entry ( using RFC membership ) and a can and a pie for about $6 YOU BEAUUUUTY !!!! ;D

Will i be able to recieve 3SER CASEY FM -   97.7 FM from the tranny or my mobile at the ground ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg team vs Casey
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
Coburg Tigers' squad...

B:   Raines       Silvester       Morgan

HB: Connors    Thursfield    Oakley-Nicholls

C:   Clarke       Coughlan     Collins

HF:  Cousins     Vickery        Pettifer

F:    Nahas        Schulz        Edwards

R:  Simmonds  Thomson  Cotchin

Int: Gourdis, T. Hislop, King, Allan, J. Hislop, Browne, Caruso, Liddle, Jordon, Putt, Carrick, A. Horne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »
Will i be able to recieve 3SER CASEY FM -   97.7 FM from the tranny or my mobile at the ground ?
They've changed it because ABC are now showing our game on TV. Casey FM is now broadcasting the Nth Ballarat vs Collingwood game instead.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg team vs Casey
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
Coburg Tigers' squad...

B:   Raines       Silvester       Morgan

HB: Connors    Thursfield    Oakley-Nicholls

C:   Clarke       Coughlan     Collins

F:    Nahas        Schulz        Edwards

Int: Gourdis, T. Hislop, King, Allan, J. Hislop, Browne, Caruso, Liddle, Jordon, Putt, Carrick, A. Horne
That must be one of the strongest Coburg sides put on the park. Even with 4 RFC players to go up to the Richmond bench that still leaves 17 others remaining :o.  That side might even give the AFL side a run for its money  :whistle.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »
Er, I was thinking the same thing MT. I wouldn't mind seeing them play the seniors.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 05:35:26 AM »
Coburg Reserves side...

B: Groves      Post       Morris

HB: J. Hislop   Keogh    McErlain

C:  Clifton      Rayson    Jordon

HF: Ambrose    Polak     Bramich

F:  De Sousa  Hughes   Gourdis

R:  Browne   M. Deledio  Cattapan

Int. (From): Considine, Tsardakis, McQuilken, Bassi, Kellett, Dahl, Koroneos, Kandilakis

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=8954473&sectionID=56260

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Gourdis, Browne, J.Hislop and Jordan are named in both squads whereas the others on the Coburg extended bench aren't so you'd assume that means Goo and Browne are playing Coburg 2nds tomorrow along with Cleve, Post and Polly.

So the Coburg side should have 15 RFC guys playing:

B:   Raines       Silvester       Morgan

HB: Connors    Thursfield      King

C:   Clarke       A. Horne      Liddle

F:   T. Hislop      Schulz        Edwards

Int: Putt, Allan, Caruso, Carrick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Big names step out for Tigers (Age)
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 03:05:12 AM »
Big names step out for Tigers
Brent Diamond | May 2, 2009

COBURG:
Richmond midfielder Ben Cousins will be the headline act in today's VFL action as he lines up for the Coburg Tigers against the Casey Scorpions at Coburg Oval.

It will be the 30-year-old's first game back since injuring his hamstring in the Tigers' season-opener against Carlton.

Joining Cousins in the Coburg line-up is rising star Trent Cotchin, ruckman Troy Simmonds and Kayne Pettifer, who has played two Coburg reserves games on his way back from a knee reconstruction.

Coburg general manager Ryan O'Connor said Cousins would be a great advertisement for the VFL.

"To have a Brownlow medallist and premiership player down here is of an enormous value to the club," he said.

Cousins is expected to have about 60 to 70 per cent game time in preparation for his return to the AFL.

For the Scorpions, Melbourne's No. 1 draft selection, Jack Watts, will make his first VFL senior appearance after a couple of reserves matches. "We're taking a cautious approach with Jack," said Melbourne football operations manager Craig Notman. "Watts had done about 20-odd training sessions compared to Brad Miller, who's done 132."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/big-names-step-out-for-tigers/2009/05/01/1240982409639.html

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »

ABC site has North Ballarat Vs Collingwood on Tv this afternoon.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200905/programs/SP0819V004D2052009T130000.htm

What goes?

???

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
Just Aunty not updating their TV guide since they switched games. 

It'll be Coburg televised.
EAT EM ALIVE!