Author Topic: Richo out for 10 weeks  (Read 5962 times)

Ox

Re: Richo out for 10 weeks
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
in my experiences,the coach istens to the medics who,in this case,gave the all clear.

lmao@ Blaming  Terry again

Moi

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
Our doctors need to be sacked
First Ben and now Richo within a couple of weeks  :banghead
i have been a fan of terrys but he is accountable also, he has put his future over the club, not good enough
Crap, it's the player's and the doctors fault.
The coach relies on feedback from them, and if all say it's okay, then it's okay.
Nothing to do with Wallace

the buck stops with the coach, he gets his information and has the final say, the docs do not select the team, they may say the player is fit to play, but terry has been around for along time and should nknow better. most doctors have no idea  what they are on about

did you just listen to dr hickey on the radio, seemed very unsure and nervous, wouldnt want him to be my doctor

sorry moi, the buck stops with the coach
And the buck, if anything, should stop at the selection committe and/or director of football.  Seeing he's taken every other responsibility away from Wallace, when does he start answering to the mistakes around the club?  Wallace is a part of the selection committee, he should take some of the blame, but not the buck stopping with him on this occasion becuase there are higher authorities these days if you hadn't have noticed.

Moi

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »

There is a difference between posting an opinion and posting absolute drivel that doesn't make sense.
Then how about you stop posting
And stop making yourself out to be some higher being?
But if you can't stop at least spell correctly when you're pointing out someone else's deficiencies.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
Our doctors need to be sacked
First Ben and now Richo within a couple of weeks  :banghead
i have been a fan of terrys but he is accountable also, he has put his future over the club, not good enough
Crap, it's the player's and the doctors fault.
The coach relies on feedback from them, and if all say it's okay, then it's okay.
Nothing to do with Wallace

the buck stops with the coach, he gets his information and has the final say, the docs do not select the team, they may say the player is fit to play, but terry has been around for along time and should nknow better. most doctors have no idea  what they are on about

did you just listen to dr hickey on the radio, seemed very unsure and nervous, wouldnt want him to be my doctor

sorry moi, the buck stops with the coach
And the buck, if anything, should stop at the selection committe and/or director of football.  Seeing he's taken every other responsibility away from Wallace, when does he start answering to the mistakes around the club?  Wallace is a part of the selection committee, he should take some of the blame, but not the buck stopping with him on this occasion becuase there are higher authorities these days if you hadn't have noticed.

agreed

but even wallace would know the buck stops with him

he has had 5 years , time to start fresh and overhaul the whole footy dep

Moi

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
agreed

Stop changing the issue
It's not about Wallace and whether he should be here or not, it's responsility for medical decision and who should be responsible.  IMO not him when someone with a degree says he's okay to play.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »
Back to the thread.

The injury he copped was unrelated to the glute strain he received against North. Could just be bad luck and a coincidence
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:13:27 PM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
agreed

Stop changing the issue
It's not about Wallace and whether he should be here or not, it's responsility for medical decision and who should be responsible.  IMO not him when someone with a degree says he's okay to play.

doc says, hey richo how do u feel.....great

hey terry richo is ok to play

rnd 1

hey cuz how do u feel , im good doc

hey terry, cuz is ok

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:21 PM »
Moi is right.

However, short of going in and having a look for themselves, they can only go on what their patients tell them, and I suspect richo must've told them he was ok. I love richo but that is selfish.

It has doubly backfired; having a one legged full forward cost us the game on Sunday, now he's out for 10.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Moi

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »

doc says, hey richo how do u feel.....great

hey terry richo is ok to play

rnd 1

hey cuz how do u feel , im good doc

hey terry, cuz is ok

That's pretty much about it, the doctor is the one who says he's okay
Very bad form of you to blame someone for something that could end someone's career.
Can't blame Terry for this one.
Think things through occasionally would you  :wallywink

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »
He shouldn't have played.
Someone should have stopped him  :banghead

Richo and the Sydney grounds just don't get on  :banghead
Totally agree.

Surely the medical staff would have/should have done some tests to make sure he was ok.  Most men would say they were ok rather than admit they weren't.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
It has doubly backfired; having a one legged full forward cost us the game on Sunday, now he's out for 10.
Yes but why did they allow a one-legged full forward on the ground - why not take him off when it was obvious he wasn't doing any good there?

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »
terry should know, being an ex oplayer, that one always lies and hides little injuries to get out and play

when richo strained his glute, v north, he should have thought about richo and his age, but no , he thought about his own coaching career

now they are saying that the injury is not related to the glute injury, thats a blatant lie to cover ther bums, that buttock muscle strain is directly linked with the function of teh hamstring origin which is the tendon. they are trying to bluff us all to cover their heads. now terry should have said , ok based on all infront of me , im still resting u one me week and then re assess

danny screwed up cogs to try and save his career by playing through those stomach abductor injuries he had, he nearly finished cogs off at that point to salvage his own coaching career

terry is doing the same now, i can see it, you cant

so think about that

facts are terry is gone next year, so why should we waste time, lets start 2010 now.  give the new coaching team a head start in analysing the list

Moi

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »
terry should know, being an ex oplayer, that one always lies and hides little injuries to get out and play

when richo strained his glute, v north, he should have thought about richo and his age, but no , he thought about his own coaching career

now they are saying that the injury is not related to the glute injury, thats a blatant lie to cover ther bums, that buttock muscle strain is directly linked with the function of teh hamstring origin which is the tendon. they are trying to bluff us all to cover their heads. now terry should have said , ok based on all infront of me , im still resting u one me week and then re assess

danny screwed up cogs to try and save his career by playing through those stomach abductor injuries he had, he nearly finished cogs off at that point to salvage his own coaching career

terry is doing the same now, i can see it, you cant

so think about that

facts are terry is gone next year, so why should we waste time, lets start 2010 now.  give the new coaching team a head start in analysing the list
Read my lips, nothing to do with Terry this issue  :wallywink

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:02 PM »
One thing you can blame Terry for is keeping him out there after it was so obvious that he couldn't move. You'd think that those (useless) leads that he attempted in the 2nd half have made this injury worse.

Whatsmore it cost us a few goals as well. That passage in the 3rd quarter where he gathered it deep in the fwd pocket, and wanted to snap it back into the corridor.....but couldn't, is one that really stands out in my mind. We should've got a goal out of that passage.

I don't really buy into the argument that it 'at least takes a good opposition defender out of the way'. The way we were streaming forward in the 2nd half, we desperately needed a leading forward.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
im happy to agree that all are at fault and have a part to play

richo, the docs, the match committee and the coach

in the end its the team and the fans that suffer