Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 6588 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Port game thread
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
Just looking ahead to Sunday - Kane Cornes and Salopek are out for Port.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/76608/default.aspx

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »
Port are very inconsistant and I think that their current ladder position of 4th flatters them greatly.

Unleash the tornado

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:41:24 PM »
we can win ...  :pray

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
they will thump us and it will be curtains for terry

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »
I just saw them on Fox Sports at training and doing karate on each other! :cuddles

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »
The way we are going Meyers and Rodan will probably play and give us a caning

Sorry not in my positive state of mind ATM

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Our season is starting to resemble that of Pagan's last year.

with a former club great to take over (campo) as soon as we get our next flogging
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
If we can go over there with a positive state of mind, some direct play and no turnovers we can win. Campbell cannot be the next Coach Daniel or this club is doomed, Hardwick or Bond would have to be selected before him or even Buckly if the Pies don't get him first. Maybe even Longmire as apparently he has only just missed out on a few other coaching gigs.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »
I do believe that Port are pretenders at the moment....If we can play for four quarters we can win.Expectatons are low again and all the pressure will be on the Power to win.I predict another honorable loss.

What a mess Terry is in....Lose this game and the mockery continues.Win this game and he will be labled selfish(by some ferals)for not tanking.He really is in a "No Win" situation.

Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Port Adelaide hatch plan to deal with Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:29 AM »
Port Adelaide hatch plan to deal with Ben Cousins
Zac Milbank | May 14, 2009

BEN Cousins has already registered on Port Adelaide's radar.

Richmond's star midfielder - coming off an encouraging return against the Brisbane Lions on Saturday - can expect plenty of attention at AAMI Stadium on Sunday.

And Power enforcer Dean Brogan is eager to again make his presence felt from the opening bounce.

"Absolutely," the Port ruckman said when asked if he had noticed Cousins' return from a hamstring strain against the Lions.

"Cousins is back and we all know how good he looks, he's very fit. He played really well considering he missed a big chunk of footy.

"He'd be coming over here wanting to play well. He hasn't played here for a while so no doubt he's definitely on our radar. We can't let him get under our guard as he's a champion player."

Cousins has not graced AAMI Stadium since injuring his hamstring in West Coast's 2007 qualifying final loss against Port.

No doubt Brogan - keen to atone for being beaten by North Melbourne's Hamish McIntosh on Saturday night - will be reminding the former Eagles captain of this upon his return.

The aggressive ruckman is so focused on winning the first clearance for Port - it initially trailed 9-1 in this area against the Roos - that Cousins, Nathan Foley and Brett Deledio had better be wary.

"That's my game," Brogan said.

"I like to set the tone and my teammates like it when I do that so it's important for me to bring it every week.

"I can't afford to have an off day. It's just the responsibility I want and hopefully this week I can come out and play well."

While shutting down Cousins was a priority, Brogan said monitoring Foley and Deledio was just as important.

And he is ready to negate impressive Tigers ruckman Angus Graham, who is coming off a career-best game against Brisbane.

"It's not just him (Cousins)," Brogan said.

"Foley's playing well, Deledio's playing well and their young ruckman Graham - who I've got a big challenge against - he was best on ground last week so he's popped up from nowhere.

"We'll be going at the ball because contested footy is going to get us the win this week."

A member of Port's leadership group, Brogan declared all his teammates had to be "on edge" to succeed this season.

With a 4-3 win-loss record, the Power has given its fans a roller-coaster ride - failing to back up stunning wins against Hawthorn and Adelaide.

As a result, Brogan revealed his recipe for redemption at Alberton.

"You just hold people accountable for their actions," he said.

"We had lots of turnovers from senior players and younger players last week and that's just not good enough.

"We prepared well for North Melbourne, we knew they were going to throw everything at us and we didn't handle that too well.

"Every week, every team needs to be on edge, especially us.

"It's about concentrating for four quarters. We're not a Geelong or St Kilda who can get away with little 10-minute lapses. We're a team that needs to be on edge.

"Every kick counts, every mark and every play counts and that's what we're trying to get across to the group."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25476539-19742,00.html

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »
oh no Raines is coming in to replace Rance  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »
I thought Thursfield was coming in for Rance? On a side note is Raines out of contract at year's end?

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
I thought Thursfield was coming in for Rance? On a side note is Raines out of contract at year's end?

i will pm you about thursfield as i dont want to reveal publically what is going on

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »
I have just read on PRE that there is a rumour gong around that Pettifer will play this week.....can anyone comfirm this?
Unleash the tornado

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »
PM me too if you can TT, I would like to know the inside scoop too!  :cheers