Author Topic: Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G 2009  (Read 3952 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G 2009
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »
Dreamtime at the G
Saturday, May 23
Richmond v Essendon, MCG

The AFL will again celebrate the unique contribution Indigenous athletes have made to Australian football and role the game plays in Indigenous communities by nominating round 9 of the 2009 Toyota AFL Premiership Season as Indigenous Round.

The highlight of the round will again be the annual Dreamtime at the G match between Essendon and Richmond on Saturday night, May 23rd at the MCG. 

See below for key events, times and relevant websites to get involved:

Key times

* The Long Walk – Federation Square live site from 4pm – www.thelongwalk.com.au
    * MCG Gates Open – 4:15pm
    * Curtain Raiser commences – 4.30pm
          o West Vic Eels (western Victoria) v Imalu Tigers (Tiwi Islands)
    * The Long Walk leaves Federation Square for the MCG – 5.50pm
    * Prematch Entertainment – 7pm
          o Movement Australia Dancers (indigenous dancers)
          o Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu
          o Dan Sultan
          o Welcome to Country ceremony
    * Richmond v Essendon – 7.45pm – Buy tickets
    * Presentation of Yiooken Award and Kevin Sheedy Cup – post game on field

The Australian Government through the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) is proud to support Dreamtime at the G for a fourth year in 2009.

In collaboration with the AFL and its corporate partners, DEEWR highlights the opportunities for corporate Australia to take a leading role in closing the economic and social gaps between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.

The AFL is a valued member of DEEWR’s Corporate Leaders for Indigenous Employment program.  Through this program, Indigenous Liaison Officers work with the AFL’s sponsors to create employment and training opportunities for Indigenous Australians.  For more information about Indigenous employment call 1802 102.

Dreamtime at the G is also supported by DESA Australia and the Melbourne Cricket Club.

http://www.afl.com.au/dreamtimeattheg/tabid/14346/default.aspx

Tigermonk

Re: Dreamtime at the G
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
great my town will be quite,  be a good weekend to leave the doors & windows open & rest up  ;D

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
i gather this is not a ticketed game

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »
wonder who Cambo will play in the ruck ??? ;)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »

what are you suggesting jamiejackstar

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »

what are you suggesting jamie

No names please we're British.

:shh

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Richmond v Essendon
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:34:42 PM »
Winning matches or losing is a very debatable topic as far as we are concerned.
On the one hand we lose as many as possible and get the best picks in one of the last open drafts! at the expense of creating a winning mentality and culture of chucking it in for the kids.(Not Good)
Maybe for the future and I totally understand! It's best we lose as much as possible now. That said again I think we will win more than we lose from here on.

Anyway bla bla bla it's best we keep losing - even though I allways hope we win  ???

But FFS I really want the boys to win this one :gotigers

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond v Essendon
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Winning matches or losing is a very debatable topic as far as we are concerned.
On the one hand we lose as many as possible and get the best picks in one of the last open drafts! at the expense of creating a winning mentality and culture of chucking it in for the kids.(Not Good)
Maybe for the future and I totally understand! It's best we lose as much as possible now. That said again I think we will win more than we lose from here on.

Anyway bla bla bla it's best we keep losing - even though I allways hope we win  ???

But FFS I really want the boys to win this one :gotigers

Last year we created a winning formula toward the end of the season and look where we are now.

Worse off. It matters very little unless that success is finals it matters little.

we cant afford to win at all. That being said a victory against the Bombers would be nice.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »

LOL, yep head vs heart and the heart always wins out.

This game should be a corker, given the way the Bummers play and the pace in our side, it should really be a fast flowing high scoring game.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
Is anyone expecting a Gaspar-gate like result this Saturday night, or for us to come out like we've just had a stripper fire us up and smash the Bumbers?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling dreaming of a win at the 'G (Age)
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:58:50 AM »
Tambling dreaming of a win at the 'G
Jesse Hogan | May 21, 2009

ENIGMATIC Tiger Richard Tambling has two significant reasons to look forward to Saturday night's match: it's the annual game devoted to honouring indigenous culture, and it gives Richmond a chance to make news for what it does on the ground.

"When the new season calendar comes out that's the first game I flick to … it's definitely very exciting," Tambling said of the clubs' Dreamtime at the 'G clash.

Tambling, wanting to ensure the match was also significant for his non-indigenous teammates, organised a lecture on Aboriginal history to be given to the playing group this week. He said he expected besieged coach Terry Wallace to be in charge for Saturday night's match — and hoped he would remain there for the rest of the season.

"Obviously we've copped it a lot this year with Benny (Cousins) coming over and now 'Plough'," Tambling said. "We're just treating every week as it comes and that's the only thing that we can control."

Former Essendon premiership player and Norm Smith medallist Michael Long will lead a reconciliation walk from Federation Square to the MCG before the match. He said having so many indigenous players in the AFL nowadays had "probably opened the eyes of supporters" to the impact of Aboriginal people upon football over many years.

"I think it seeps through from every week the boys play — that's probably our most powerful tool," Long said. "They've embraced the players. They love the Cyril Riolis, they love Paddy Ryder, they love Alwyn Davey, they love Aaron Davey. It's totally put a different spin on it, so it's not about the colour of their skin, it's about 'Gee, he's our player'."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/tambling-dreaming-of-a-win-at-the-g/2009/05/20/1242498807893.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G 2009
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:13:36 AM »
So we are actually playing this week?

There is a game?

How the hell are we going to fit it in?

:rollin

;D

:thumbsup

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
So we are actually playing this week?

There is a game?

How the hell are we going to fit it in?

;D

:thumbsup

:gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

Quiet thread this un.

'DEEP BREATH'

Well all this has got my juices flowing for this one.
Heart wins out as usual and hopefully looking forward to a spirited performance. :gotigers
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:57:26 PM by CUB »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »
Bump