Author Topic: What goes around comes around  (Read 1366 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
What goes around comes around
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:01:12 AM »
I can't see how too many Docker fans can whinge about us picking up Simmonds in the PSD when in 2001 despite being over the salary cap Freo threw $$$ at Gas to get him for "nothing" in the PSD. Only us re-signing Gas to a ridiculous contract stopped that from happening. We can return the favour this time around. Just goes to show you should deal with other clubs firmly but in good faith otherwise it comes back to bite you on the proverbial.

Should we stuff them and convince Simmonds to go into the PSD or for future trade relations and keeping our PSD pick in hand, come up with a trade? We offered pick 20 but Freo refused that.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: What goes around comes around
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 02:32:51 AM »
Let's be harsh but fair. Pick 20 and Fiora  :lol

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 03:04:20 AM »
I get the feeling the Simmonds deal would be a Friday job if it were in fact to go thru, otherwise...off to the PSD. I'd like to think we'd prefer to have the PSD pick free for possibly Patrick Bowden?
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 10:06:33 AM »
Be nice to get Patrice, but what's the go with Gilbey - anyone know?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 10:10:02 AM »
Pick 20 is too much to pay for Simmonds in the current circumstances.  Freo are crazy not to accept it when they know they can lose him for nothing.  Some clubs are just plain stupid.  Let's just hope the Ottens deal can be finalised soon and then we can tell Freo where to go and commit Simmons to the PSD.  At the moment I think we don't want to commit to a player in the PSD so that we keep portraying the image that we will re-draft dopey Brad if no deal can be done.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 10:38:42 AM »
If we get Bowden for Pick 1 instead of Simmonds, Ill ask someone here to pass me a gun...........
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne