Author Topic: Wallace was sacked then un-sacked  (Read 9015 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace was sacked then un-sacked
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »
What a surprise we were the lead story on Ch 10 news :banghead

What was there version?

Just that Herald Sun stuffed it up?

I only caught the end of it which was bits of the press conference, so I don't know

They have said they will have more later in the bulletin (I'm assuming sport)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »

I found it amazing that Caro was there, couldnt beleive my eyes

Yeah Mike Sheahan was there too

Not sure the last time Caro was actually at a Club for a press conference

I know she goes to the ones at AFL headquarters but an actual club  :o

:eyebrow

Jackstar is back

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
Interesting, I wonder if Mike spoke to his son down there, ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
Interesting, I wonder if Mike spoke to his son down there, ;)

It seems Mike's son isn't copping the same flak as Robbo over this.

Which is probably a little unfair seeing Tony Sheahan's name was all over the "Wallace Sacked" headlines on the HUN this morning. Right next to Robbo's

Jackstar is back

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »
Seems that Gary March stepped in early today and told the players he runs the club, and not the players.
Overall, this isnt healthy for the club as the players and the coach are ""miles apart ""

Ramps

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »
Today has been disgraceful. The coach should go, the president should go, the captain should stand down from the captaincy, and the football manager should go for his part at the conference. Just disgraceful. No wonder why we are a rabble.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
As I said on another thread be very careful listening to what this jackstar says as fact. do't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
As I said on another thread be very careful listening to what this jackstar says as fact. do't let the truth get in the way of a good story

most are aware of jackstars short comings. :lol

Jackstar is back

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »

most are aware of jackstars short comings. :lol

Thats cool. just wont post it

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:18 AM »

so why should we listen to you? please enlighten us

i have heard from reliable people, say the exact same things that jackstar has said, so maybe jackstar is on the money?

so please back up your statement and / or knowledge because you cannot deny that there is a huge rift , as i know there is

btw, that press conference was a load of merda

Tigermonk

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 07:51:54 AM »
RFC & Wallace payback on the media which sent it into a frenzy  ;D  LMFAO  :rollin just goes to show they write anything for a headline.
nothing is going on so settle down you lads  :rollin :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
Pretty much comes down to this weekend, If we win I would say the players are behind him.
If we lose badly then the other scenario seems more than likely.

Seriously some people need to get over themselves.

We are not playing as a team at the moment, guys are in and out of the side and careers are on the line from the top down through the players down to the board boy (Dont start me on him  ;D)

Man there is going to be friction it is pretty obvious, but I am sure as a group they have to realise there is a line to be drawn and when to act like a group of resposible adults.

What would be the point coming out in the media and telling the whole story, especially when the media can turn a molehill into a mountain out of even the most mundain things.

It is sort of like these times of political correctness you know it! I know it! We all know it! But you don't dare say it. effn joke really. But you just don't do it.

Like all this has never happended at any other club, just because it is Richmond it gets blown right out of proportion.

Listening to SEN this morning some dude summed it up! something along the lines of I dont barrack for Richmond so I dont give a flying, seriously what a circus, so the coach spat the dummy "Geez what a rarity that must be' and some players feelings got hurt 'tough titties' really.

Trying to bag Newman for towing the company line is a crock, coming from people who are full of themselves, if you are clever enough you know whoever it is in that position would do exactly the same thing otherwise it would be out the door buddy. Dont try and make out how celever we all are by questioning Newy, we know there is more than what was said, but really what business is it of the publics to know every fine detail of what goes on behind closed doors.

Get over it and support the club u silly FUX  :banghead

:gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »

............................(and lots of good stuff)

:gotigers

:clapping  Well said Cub.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
Here we go again people.. ::) ::) ::) ::)

KANE Johnson has emerged as a key participant in Monday's player push to have Terry Wallace removed as coach of Richmond.

Although it was captain Chris Newman who delivered the unpalatable message to Wallace three days ago, The Age understands that Newman's predecessor Johnson was the loudest voice in the small group of Richmond footballers who heavily influenced the rookie skipper to approach the coach.

As the dust settled yesterday on the strife-torn club, it became apparent that Tiger football boss Craig Cameron made it clear to the players in no uncertain terms that they would not be deciding Wallace's future.

Cameron's message was not only backed up by president Gary March but also endorsed by significant voices in the playing group including veterans Matthew Richardson and Joel Bowden.

It has now become clear that Newman strongly suggested to Wallace on Monday that he step aside as coach.

The new skipper, who was celebrating his 27th birthday, said he believed the playing group had reached the end of its professional relationship with Wallace.

A number of concerns were raised and it also became clear that some senior players believed that Wallace would soon be gone and had become fearful the club could retain him until the end of the year.

By Monday night, Newman was reportedly remorseful once he realised the massive ramifications of his actions.

Having been encouraged to work on improving communication between coach and players, Newman at some point in recent days had become overwhelmed by concern that Wallace had lost a significant group of players.

The club has privately vowed to continue to support Newman as captain with the prevailing view that his performance on Monday in confronting Wallace was well-intentioned if naive.

Johnson, 31, who stepped down as captain last year and has had misgivings about the coach for at least a year, is due to return from injury some time in June.

He is understood to have spoken with Newman and had received some support from another senior player in Troy Simmonds. Jake King also spent a small portion of time speaking with Wallace in Newman's presence.

It is not known whether Johnson has been spoken to by club executives, all of whom refused to comment yesterday on what took place in Tuesday's talks.

Wallace, in turn, believed he was facing the sack on Monday night and revealed as much to at least one associate, which explained the misreporting of his fate which took place two days ago.

The coach was never sacked and the Richmond hierarchy made its case plain to the players at the start of Tuesday's meeting.

Bowden and Richardson spoke out strongly against a player revolt, pointing out that such a decision was not theirs to make and that the club's reputation would only be further damaged should the players be seen to have sacked the coach.

The Tuesday talks, which took place with 13 senior players in Port Melbourne, revealed a number of divisions among the playing group regarding the coach's future and Wallace's comments to Mitch Morton after the Port Adelaide loss were only briefly raised.

While Wallace stayed away from the club yesterday, as is customary for a Wednesday, the coach is understood to have emerged from Tuesday's crisis meeting satisfied that he had the support of the Richmond board and administration to continue as coach of the club until the end of the season.

Although Wallace and the club remain mutually convinced that he will not receive another coaching contract, the preference is for Wallace to complete the season after his fate has been decided by June's much-vaunted mid-year review.

The crisis talks also made it clear to the decision-makers at the club that internal development required some external assistance, with a program such as Leading Teams — utilised, among others, by the highly successful Geelong in recent years — put forward as one possible solution to player issues at Tigerland.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/johnson-led-tiger-revolt/2009/05/20/1242498807872.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1