Author Topic: Caro on 3AW 19/5/09  (Read 1627 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caro on 3AW 19/5/09
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
* Caro said it's unfair to blame this on the RFC and call it a circus. Obviously there was an issue with a few players but that's been nipped in the bud.

* With the amount of misinformation floating around it's ludicrous to blame this circus on the RFC. Not the media's best day.

* Newy wanted a chat with Terry yesterday and because we were 1-7 and to sort things out so they wouldn't get out of hand the club organised a full meeting with everyone (March, Cameron, Terry, 14 senior players). She agreed the timing of the meeting was odd with senior players missing training and it wasn't the best day for the RFC either. 

* It was claimed Terry was sacked at the same time he was in a meeting with 14 senior players. News Ltd wouldn't publish wrong info would they. Media (Hutchy) hedged their bets. We all make mistakes.

* Up to Terry if he continues till the end of the season and Terry has said he will. The closest any talk of Terry being sacked is Terry may have thought he would be sacked. But the president won't sack him. The footy manager won't sack him. Their may be some angry players but there always are.

* After Caro said her piece Russell now is on our side after bagging us for first half an hour of the show ::)

* This Review is of the future of the footy club so it'll be quite big.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Caro on 3AW 19/5/09
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
God they are worse than a bunch of pregnent women at a baby shower....... no offence the the women on this site.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »
* It was claimed Terry was sacked at the same time he was in a meeting with 14 senior players. News Ltd wouldn't publish wrong info would they. Media (Hutchy) hedged their bets. We all make mistakes.
Good old Hutchy  :stupid
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:34:27 PM »
So glad I was out walking the dogs and missed it  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »
God they are worse than a bunch of pregnent women at a baby shower....... no offence the the women on this site.
You're dead if any of them have got a bun in the oven.  :outtahere
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Jackstar is back

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
I think Caro missed the part that Newman and Wallace met yesterday.
And then Terry met with Steve Wright.

Major thing out of this is that March stepped in and has stopped the player/coach feud.
For a few days anyway.
This isnt healthy for the club.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »

Major thing out of this is that March stepped in and has stopped the player/coach feud.
For a few days anyway.
When will our players learn that they don't run the club?
They should be focussing on kicking the ball properly, not getting their boss fired

Morton deserved any ridicule he got post match, I hope he wasn't the only one

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
They should be focussing on kicking the ball properly, not getting their boss fired
When people stop blaming only the coach for us failing while letting the players off scot free despite their brain fades and laziness.   

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:59:51 PM »

For a few days anyway.

i agree in some part to this, but what i dont get it is why Terry waits till the end of 5 years to fire a rocket up their ar-ses.

He is too weak and has gotta go.

Our beloved RFC is a basket case people and prospective coaches will be thinking twice.

never have i see in my life a team getting dictated by players which leads me to believe he has lost them as he lost most of us 2 years ago.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
Mightytiges your a classic.
Recruiting
Developing players
Game plan
LOL

Now lets blame the guy with the magnet board then, its his fault Mightytiges :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :thatsgold :chuck

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »
there is no feud

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
i agree in some part to this, but what i dont get it is why Terry waits till the end of 5 years to fire a rocket up their ar-ses.
Unless you are a player, how the hell would you know what goes on behind closed doors?
You think just cause this is the first time a comment from a post match review has been leaked that it's the only time its happened? Get serious for a second would you.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 11:48:55 PM »

For a few days anyway.

He is too weak and has gotta go.

Our beloved RFC is a basket case people and prospective coaches will be thinking twice.

never have i see in my life a team getting dictated by players which leads me to believe he has lost them as he lost most of us 2 years ago.

The days of firing a rocket up a players ars are well and truly over. Players just dont respond to sticks and abuse.

Learn something.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rifts emerge between Tiger coach and some of his players: Caro (Age)
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 04:29:08 AM »
Rifts emerge between Tiger coach and some of his players
Caroline Wilson | May 20, 2009

Terry Wallace may have feared he was about to be sacked, but it was never going to happen yesterday.

TIGERLAND'S somewhat bizarre new twist yesterday on what was once cheerfully coined "Tuesdays with Terry" left no one in any doubt that the Richmond coach and some of his players had significant relationship issues.

So significant that Terry Wallace might have indicated to those close to him on Monday night that he was fearing an early and non-negotiable sacking after all.

So significant that the club chose to clear the air and plot victory against Essendon off-shore in the Port Melbourne offices of Richmond president Gary March. But not so significant that there was ever any move to sack the coach yesterday.

As a weary March declared as he departed last night's scheduled board meeting: "Terry has not been sacked. He was never sacked.

"Yesterday was all about winning games of football."

As darkness fell upon Wallace's household late yesterday the message he reportedly sent outside to the media encampment came via an amplified version of Duffy's 2008 hit: Mercy.

Opposition football teams have for years branded Richmond's playing group as selfish. The Tigers themselves are trying to shake the tag, which is why Mitch Morton was dropped earlier this month. Senior players at several times have privately accused Wallace of being too selfish.

Some home truths related to the "S" word and many derogatory others were tossed around yesterday morning as the 13 players summoned tried to make sense of their season after being assured that the club would not deviate from its stated mission to complete its wide review by mid-season and reach a decision on the coach by then.

Clearly this is a team struggling for leadership and talent. Surely by the time the Tigers announce their plan to rebuild their list from the bottom up their supporters will be more than ready to accept yet another new beginning.

Chris Newman, who confronted the coach on Monday after first approaching football boss Craig Cameron, was the standout choice for captain but remains a novice undergoing a nightmare start. Wallace is a coach hanging by a thread who knows his current career will be finished soon.

However it is fair to say that yesterday's circus was created by the media and not the club. The timing of the confrontation was poor and the fact it became public unfortunate but no one can accuse the board or the administration of not sticking to its guns. March and his team will continue to be publicly flogged for their handling of the Wallace issue but then March was criticised late last season for not re-signing the coach when the Tigers finished ninth. When he speaks he is battered. When he remains silent he is pilloried.

Yesterday he did not allow his players to take over the agenda, nor did he make any attempt to hide his or the club's utter frustration at their current circumstances.

Late last year the strong impression was that March was so disenchanted by all the fallout from the Greg Miller sacking and his dispute with Wallace that he had considered walking away from the job.

Now, having given Wallace his final contracted season and holding firm, he seems more determined than ever to fight to save what remains of the once-ferocious Richmond Football Club.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/rifts-emerge-at-tigerland/2009/05/19/1242498752166.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:09 AM »
Mightytiges your a classic.
That would be you're  :wallywink

I'll remember next year when our players have stupid brain implosions it's ONLY and ALL the new coach's fault and our players take no responsibility  :nope. Better hope whoever is the new coach doesn't yell and hurt their feelings as it might make them cry ... awww  :lol.