Author Topic: Losing culture must be changed  (Read 2469 times)

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Losing culture must be changed
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »
The problem with the RFC is without doubt the players have for so long been part of a losing culture they know nothing else. Its become a psychological issue now. When they get in front during a game you can visibly see the side changes their attitude, it becomes uncharted territory and they revert to a cautious, nervous, error riddled game which other sides as the Bombers did tonight take advantage of and open us up like a can of beans.

The only way forward from here is a complete clean out of "mental deadwood" i.e. the players who have a history of not being mentally strong. TW has also clearly shown that he cannot handle the mental aspect of player performance. Why did Mitch Morton at a vital time play on and kick the ball out on the full last week? In a tight situation he lost mental control, its a coaches job to identify these weaknesses and work on them. For individuals that appear beyond help to remain at the club is like a cancer which will spread (and is currently spreading) at an alarming rate unless they are identified and shown the door.

For too long now this situation has existed and the replacement coaching staff (this will without doubt occur sooner than later) will have their biggest challenge in developing the mental strength of our players. We constantly talk about poor recruiting, is it really that bad or are the players just simply psychologically damaged due to this losing culture? If Tambing or Deledio had been recruited by Geelong would people think that they hadn't warranted their high draft positions? I am positive both would be much more confident in the way they play and being part of a winning culture would have made them totally different players.

Its going to mean some difficult decisions in the short term and it will take time but if done properly then a five year plan may work this time around with the right recruiting strategies (we need players/coaches who are used to success, not best players/coaches from other losing cultures). Don't for a minute think that a new coach and his staff will mean an instant turnaround because it simply wont. We as RFC supporters have to accept that its going to be painful (cant be much more painful than at the moment) in the short term however I believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel rather than the light we are seeing now which is an oncoming freight train.

Jackstar is back

Re: Losing culture must be changed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »
didnt like the players abusing each other either, real bad sign tonight, real bad

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 11:31:42 PM »
didnt like the players abusing each other either, real bad sign tonight, real bad

You couldnt wait to get on here tonight could you? No-one loves a Richmond loss more than Jack

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:20 PM »
I would like to back Jack up but I cant think of a positive the Jack or Daniel has ever posted about the Tigers, happy to be proven wrong!

let run a comp call spot the positive from the Boys, I bet they get into me with there's nothing to be positive about (LOL).

Question for the moderators, if someone joined the site and you suspect they are not Richmond people could you ban subject to confirmation.

PS: Broke my heart to see our players(at least five) just standing almost together whilst their Essendon opponents just all ran toward their goal.

Simmo = gone

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »

You couldnt wait to get on here tonight could you? No-one loves a Richmond loss more than Jack

Especially when I backed the Bombers to win by 39 points or more
paid $4.50 :thumbsup
good team Essendon. They run and carry and are real hard at it.
When the going got tough in the 3rd quarter, our players held up the white flag :help
We have a real culture problem, anyway what do you all expect being coached by Terry ::)
Worst tackling team in the comp.
.problems started tonight when the defenders started zoning off.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »

When the going got tough in the 3rd quarter, our players held up the white flag :help
We have a real culture problem, anyway what do you all expect being coached by Terry ::)

We've had a real cultural problem for 30 years mate. Not the first time they held up the white flag. Your mate Cambell made an entire career out of it.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
So is that Terry's fault too?

Jackstar is back

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »

mate, the players have no discipline, whos fault that, mine ?????  :banghead :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »
Boys settle rather than individualising a problem on he said she said or Terry or the players,
I think the root of our problems run a little more deep than that.

Board and people involved in the club during the golden era. Ie Tony Jewell. What Faaaken
right did he have on Tues or Wed to slag the club the way he did, or anybody. Obviously too many cooks spoil the broth and if every player or administrator a who ever played in a flag or presided in aflag as I an Wilson a few weeks ago made some dispiaraging comments, bob up every now and then to give what? An appraisal an opinion? Geez people lose their jobs every day and these faaakers just are so trigger happy to open their gobs and say this and that. Until old fogeys like that and ex premiership players stop this and the board and coterie groups don't unite for the one cause we can recruit whoever to coach and play and you know what we will still be in this mess. Club needs to almost be cleaned out and started as a new franchise. Simple as that. The rot has set in and the dry wall has even cracked.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »

mate, the players have no discipline, whos fault that, mine ?????  :banghead :banghead
It's their own fault

Jackstar is back

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
Boys settle rather than individualising a problem on he said she said or Terry or the players,

Board and people involved in the club during the golden era. Ie Tony Jewell. What Faaaken
right did he have on Tues or Wed to slag the club the way he did, or anybody. Obviously too many cooks spoil the broth and if every player or administrator a who ever played in a flag or presided in aflag as I an Wilson a few weeks ago made some dispiaraging comments, bob up every now and then to give what? An appraisal an opinion? Geez people lose their jobs every day and these faaakers just are so trigger happy to open their gobs and say this and that. Until old fogeys like that and ex premiership players stop this and the board and coterie groups don't unite for the one cause we can recruit whoever to coach and play and you know what we will still be in this mess. Club needs to almost be cleaned out and started as a new franchise. Simple as that. The rot has set in and the dry wall has even cracked.
Totally agree.  Should of been cleaned out 3 years ago.    :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »

We've had a real cultural problem for 30 years mate. Not the first time they held up the white flag. Your mate Campbell made an entire career out of it.

Quoted for truth.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:01 AM »

right did he have on Tues or Wed to slag the club the way he did, or anybody. Obviously too many cooks spoil the broth and if every player or administrator a who ever played in a flag or presided in a flag as I an Wilson a few weeks ago made some dispiaraging comments, bob up every now and then to give what? An appraisal an opinion? Geez people lose their jobs every day and these faaakers just are so trigger happy to open their gobs and say this and that. Until old fogeys like that and ex premiership players stop this and the board and coterie groups don't unite for the one cause we can recruit whoever to coach and play and you know what we will still be in this mess. Club needs to almost be cleaned out and started as a new franchise. Simple as that. The rot has set in and the dry wall has even cracked.
Totally agree.  Should of been cleaned out 3 years ago.    :banghead

We can't stop Non Richmond people giving an opinion but the club should be able to stop Richmond people from giving one in hard times that merely shows that they are channelling their anger and bitterness towards the RFC rather than the individuals that knifed them in the back in the first place. Till they all die or leave the club or some bloke with gonads the size of Ayers Rock comes in and silences them for the good of RFC we are going nowhere and will fall further and further behind the frontrunners of this comp and a flag will be further and further away.

Jack Dyer rooms, facilities, pools all that is nice and good for the club and players but if the points mentioned in the aforementioned paragraph aren't changed its all just a token gesture.
Thats the reality friends. :banghead

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 12:38:18 AM »
stuff

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 02:24:02 AM »
I would like to back Jack up but I cant think of a positive the Jack or Daniel has ever posted about the Tigers, happy to be proven wrong!

let run a comp call spot the positive from the Boys, I bet they get into me with there's nothing to be positive about (LOL).

Question for the moderators, if someone joined the site and you suspect they are not Richmond people could you ban subject to confirmation.

PS: Broke my heart to see our players(at least five) just standing almost together whilst their Essendon opponents just all ran toward their goal.

Simmo = gone

yeah well maybe you should read over some past posts you imbecile.

if a player has a good game, whether i dislike them or not i will always come on here and say they had a good game.

THE COACH TO GET US OUT THIS HAS TO START AGAIN, THAT MEANS GOODBYE BOWDEN AND THOSE ABSOLUTE WASTE OF AIR LOSERS IN NATHAN BROWN AND SIMMO AND IM SORRY I THINK ITS TIME FOR RICHO TO GO.

I agree with your post Lozza. Its a mental thing with this club. Mental issues and the constant curse that surrounds this club.

CRAZY JOHN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE US. I REALLY BELIEVE HIS LOVE AND PASSION FOR THE RFC WAS WHAT WE REALLY NEEDED..........
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.