Author Topic: Plough's aftermatch media conference / Players carried winning approach (RFC)  (Read 1888 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Players carried winning approach
richmondfc.com.au
By Jennifer Witham 12:33 AM Sun 24 May, 2009

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace believes his players approached Saturday night's Dreamtime at the 'G match against Essendon with a winning mentality, but lacked the ability to translate that into the performance required.

Wallace said the Tigers' second-half fade-out that cost them the game was not caused by an absence of psychological or physical strength; instead instigated by quality of finishing.

"We're No. 2 for contested footy in the competition at the moment and all our parameters for hardness have been reasonably up," Wallace said after the match.

"That side of it is there but when it goes to the parameters of genuine quality, we're running short and that's the reality.

"You can be as hard as you like and be cracking into the contests, but unless you can get some quality to go along with that, you're not going to get results.

"Clearly what's going out on the park right now can't get us the job done. I think it's trying hard enough most games. We've been in most games at some stage, apart from the round one debacle, so we're having a crack from that point of view."

Wallace highlighted a failure to capitalise on opportunities inside the forward 50 when assessing how his players' "right attitude" was let down.

"I thought they were on for the challenge and they were really looking forward to it. There were good signs in the initial part of the game," he said.

"Again, you've got to use that quality on the scoreboard and we just weren't capable of doing that."

Wallace was flanked by his wife and children when he faced the media post-match and made a hasty departure from the ground straight after the compulsory press conference.

Before he left, he said he embraced the challenge of fronting up for the game after a week which saw him incorrectly reported as sacked by the club.

He laughed as he said he was loving every minute of it.

"If you don't relish challenges in this game of ours, you shouldn't be in this game of ours," he said.

"It dishes up some fascinating things and it's dished up a pretty interesting week this week. Therefore that's an added challenge again you want to take on and that's the nature of the competition.

"You'll have your great times in the game and you'll have your horrible times in the game. It's the game that's important.

"I'm just doing my job and that's what I've said I would do. We're losing games and we've got to look at why we're losing games, and we've got to look at the personnel and see who can take us forward and who can't.

"That's the reality of our position at the minute."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/77470/default.aspx

Jackstar is back

NO 2 for contested footy and cant win a game. interesting. :gobdrop
Didnt look very contested footy after half time last night.

Tigermonk

Players tanked after halftime, could clearly see it, they are all a disgrace  :banghead

Jackstar is back

didnt worry me, the $4.60 at sportingbet for the Bombers to win by 40 points or more was great :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lol, winning approach.

Until when? Half time?  Then where did it go?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

didnt worry me, the $4.60 at sportingbet for the Bombers to win by 40 points or more was great :thumbsup

never had a punt this week

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
ramps is happy, we r tanking

Ramps

what would be the point Now of winning games and finishing 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, etc... theres no point.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
what would be the point Now of winning games and finishing 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, etc... theres no point.

4 weeks ago, i believed tanking was out of the question

now , things have changed, we must tank and keep losing.

the yr is stuffed, its all over. terry should be hung, 5 yrs o misery, deadset bastard

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

exactly.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame

4 weeks ago, i believed tanking was out of the question

now , things have changed, we must tank and keep losing.

the yr is stuffed, its all over. terry should be hung, 5 yrs o misery, deadset bastard

The team we have doesn't need to tank to lose.
EAT EM ALIVE!

bushranger

To throw a spanner in the works of the teams above us.
I think that would be good to make a few close to the 8 wonder if they will make it or not.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
To throw a spanner in the works of the teams above us.
I think that would be good to make a few close to the 8 wonder if they will make it or not.

Ah the return to old Spud Frawley-isms.   :lol

"We can't make the 8 but we sure can shape them."   :scream :scream :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

NO 2 for contested footy and cant win a game. interesting. :gobdrop
Didnt look very contested footy after half time last night.

I actually viewed the press conference on Big Pond Jack.

We won the contested ball count easily. According to Terry's data Essendon kicked 9 goals from the contest and we kicked 3. I think that statistic is the most damning on coach and players.

Jackstar is back

means that the coach is hopeless