Author Topic: Will Cogs be in trouble with the MRP?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Will Cogs be in trouble with the MRP?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »
Yeah look I think some of you are writing Cog's off a bit too early, I mean come on how many games has he been back for and how much game time has he been given to get his match fitness up. Please people give this bloke a few more weeks at least before we call for his head.

We seem to judge our players returning from injury very harshly and I think we need to back off, lets hope the noose doesn't come out the first week after Richo returns!!!

Sorry WAT for mine the match fitness thing doesn't cut it. He played the last half dozen games for Coburg last year, did nearly all the pre-season bar a 3-4 week break for a hammie problem. Then played 4 odd games at Coburg before playing the last 5 for the RFC. That's a very solid base

Sadly as I have said previously it is the pace of the game -v- his lack of pace that is the issue nothing more nothing less. Harsh reality is that the way the game is played today impacts on players like Cogs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
Ok WP, remember though that he has been out of the game for 2 years so I still reckon a bit of lehway. It's the same with Connors, he has missed two pre - seasons through injury and starts to come good at the wrong end of the seson. But everyone wants hime out after his first game back in the big time.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »

Sorry WAT for mine the match fitness thing doesn't cut it. He played the last half dozen games for Coburg last year, did nearly all the pre-season bar a 3-4 week break for a hammie problem. Then played 4 odd games at Coburg before playing the last 5 for the RFC. That's a very solid base

Sadly as I have said previously it is the pace of the game -v- his lack of pace that is the issue nothing more nothing less. Harsh reality is that the way the game is played today impacts on players like Cogs

Agree WP. He's gone. In truth I think he was struggling to keep up post OP. The two ACLs have finished him. No pace and not a penetrating kick - lacks where the top modern midfielders excel. In this day and age where you want to rotate skilled hard running footballers through the midfield I don't think Cogs offers enough to demand a place.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »
Well I hope he plays this week and really carves it up, I wil give him at least to the end of the year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »
Match review panel: round nine

The match day report laid against Richmond’s Mark Coughlan for making forceful contact from front-on against Essendon’s Jason Winderlich from Saturday’s game was assessed. The panel said that Coughlan went into the contest low to the ground, with his hands down in an attempt to gain possession .At the very last moment, he turned to protect himself from unavoidable contact. It was the Panel’s view that the Richmond player did not have a realistic alternative way to contest the ball. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/77562/default.aspx

This is absolute common sense. Shame it has been inconsistent in other cases. If Cogs didn't turn his head he or Winderlich would have eneded up like Alex Rance. Really happy to this passed through, good for footy. Here's hoping it happens more often
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »
cogs is more imp to our team than half teh blokes out there, talk of dropping him is bs

many more should go b4 him

ffs, stop judging him so harshly &judge all the other pretenders in our team