Author Topic: Players that need to go !!  (Read 1366 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Players that need to go !!
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »
1.  Raines- Ive said it many times on this forum that he is a dud. If he plays next week after that perfomance than that is it for me until the new coach comes in.
2. Connors - Been a big wrap for him and last night was the 1st time I'd seen him live and he was a disgrace as far as effort was concerned. Lazy, sooky showpony and I now realise why 15 other clubs overlooked him.
3. Simmonds - He is finished and will be delisted or traded at years end. Slow and really capitulated in the last half when we needed a physical presence.
4. Bowden - Sorry been a great servant but new blood needed Coburg til the end of they ear and a farewell game round 21 in Melbourne.
5.  Pettifer - Actually had a great 1st half but 2nd shows why he shouldnt play again.
6.  Cogs - Love the bloke but geez is slow now, trade if possible.

Positives: Nahas, Jackson, Tuck

Geez Lids is a good player but he goes missing a lot for a supposed superstar. Didnt look at all interested when the game was on and actually looked a little proppy..

bushranger

Re: Players that need to go !!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:41:01 AM »
Tambling = Can't hit a target
Bowden = Too unaccountable all the time
Brown = too slow now and time has passed him by

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:44:32 AM »
from time to time I like to be positive about whats happening at our club, maybe we should be looking at who we could build the future around rather than whose should get the arse. Anyway we definately found a player in young Nahas so thats a bonus, I actually havent minded Richard Tambling over the last month, and Daniel Jackson is someone who is giving his all. Deledio and Cotchin are our two best in terms of potential going forward. Anyway, this list would be smaller than the list of blokes who should go, so that would make it an easier list to write lol.

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »
bit hash on Petts l think. he was doing well till his got his snout smashed, think he had alittle concussion & was hit again later head high.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »
For the great player for the club that Bowden has been, last night cemented in my mind that he must go and go now.  He is not playing with anywhere near the same effectiveness and is counter-productive to the type of football we need to be playing in the future.  Thanks for the memories Joel but bye.

Simmonds is not worth his place in the side.  He should be dropped and not picked again unless injury or stellar form for Coburg demands it.  And again, thanks for the few memories but bye at season's end.

Brown is still playing well enough to justify his place in the side however at season's end - another thanks for the memories but bye.

Johnson will be very lucky if he gets back to a point of deserving a game (age and lack of match fitness will see to that) but at season's end he will retire anyway, thanks for your services and bye.

Cousins and Richo should be the only 2 older players kept and that is as much for mentoring and leading by example as it is anything else.  And I only include Richo if the new coach does not play him in the forward line in any sort of permanent role, otherwise his presence will be counter-productive to the good of the team.

bushranger

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:15:08 AM »
I agree with you Smokey_58au. I would be keeping what you have put down on your list and ridding our list of the ones you have there to. But on the Cousins one I would make sure he is fully fit before keeping him on.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
Schulz
Mcmahon
Simmo
Raines
Newman
Edwards
Tambling
Foley
Pattison
Pettifer
Bowden
Brown

These players are a stuffin disgrace to be wearing the black and yellow

Need to trade out Newman, Raines, Tambling, Petticoat and Foley just like the Hawks when they made some tough decisions and topped up with extra draft picks

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH TAMBLING AND FOLEY ARE WORTH SOMETHING OUT THERE. THEY WILL NOY WIN US A FLAG SO WHY ARE WE WASTING OUR TIME AND KEEPING THEM WHEN IN 2 YEARS THEY WILL BE LIKE SCHULZ WORTH SFA
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »
Ive been happy with Tambos last month, I would trade Foley.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »

i know he has had a good month but geez we need to stand up, grow some balls for once and MAKE SOME HARD CHOICES that is for the benefit of the RFC.

Dumb decisions like sign up Schulz at the start of the season a few years are just one of the things which sends this club backwards.
Lets hear again how signing up Thompson and Hislop was for the benefit of the RFC. WRONG WRONG WRONG. stuffin PATHETIC DECISION.

we need to smash this draft with all guns blazing. We need 5 top 20 picks minimum
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
I agree with you Smokey_58au. I would be keeping what you have put down on your list and ridding our list of the ones you have there to. But on the Cousins one I would make sure he is fully fit before keeping him on.

And my list isn't the only ones I think should go - just which ones of the older players.

bushranger

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
Being happy with his last month doesn't mean that he will keep going.
Foley puts in more and this would make for a better trade for us, but he would be a bigger loss to us too than Tambling.
So could we replace him as easy as Tambling.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
Schulz
Mcmahon
Simmo
Raines
Newman
Edwards
Tambling
Foley
Pattison
Pettifer
Bowden
Brown

These players are a effin disgrace to be wearing the black and yellow

Need to trade out Newman, Raines, Tambling, Petticoat and Foley just like the Hawks when they made some tough decisions and topped up with extra draft picks

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH TAMBLING AND FOLEY ARE WORTH SOMETHING OUT THERE. THEY WILL NOY WIN US A FLAG SO WHY ARE WE WASTING OUR TIME AND KEEPING THEM WHEN IN 2 YEARS THEY WILL BE LIKE SCHULZ WORTH SFA

That is 17 changes to the list. :shh
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
the team is not playing for wallace, so its hard to judge

lets wait til the back end/ half of the season.  we will have a caretaker coach and the players wont have to put up with terry , his face, his annoying voice and his tan.

once wallace is gone the players will start playing and playing as a team and then we can judge

in saying that, tambling has turned the corner, jackson must stay - he is our only physical presence, foley and white are the ones we must seriously look at, jon connors have to go and so must sugar  joel richo and snake.

brown and cousins must stay, they are our only real class acts with polish

i love joel and richo but its time for them 2 go

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
johnson
simmo
mcmahon
shultz
then trade a few others :thumbsup
2 years into a 35 year plan

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
Other than Foley Newman and Tambling who else could we trade that would be worth any value whatsoever?

Delist/Retire has to be a significant chunk of this list
Raines
Simmonds
Polak
Brown
Bowden
Richo
McMahon
Pettifer
Schulz
Pattison
Hughes