Author Topic: Explain to me.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Explain to me.
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »
1 single positive out of:

Simmonds playing ahead of Vickory this week.

You name one legitimate positive in doing that and I'll eat my hat.

Silvester, Thompson, Vickory, Gourdis should all play some sort of Richmond Football soon. Give guys a rest, Moore was fantastic on the weekend he needs surgery on his shoulder give him an early pre season and play Silvester. We know Moore can play lock him in for next year and play some new faces to see if they are worth keeping over a pick 60 for trade for instance.

Just need to do it.

As each round goes past the more I believe Malthouse is possibly the only man for the job. You need someone with confidence and history of success. Maybe Sheedy falls into the mould but you also need the great desire to succeed, not someone coming over just cause its employment. Going to be very difficult to find someone who ticks all the boxes.
Go Tigers!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Explain to me.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

We will be one step closer to finishing near or on the bottom of the ladder and get great draft picks!  :thumbsup ;)

In regards to playing Vickery, Thomson, Gourdis and Silvester I completly agree with you. Moore should be operated on and Silvester should be given a chance to prove his worth. Similiarly Gourdis should get an opportunity in the forwardline alone with Vickery who could rotate with Graham. Thomson should have been brought in last week for Cousins and should take someone like Pettifier or even Raines spot this week.

Malthouse would be great but I think Collingwood will resign him.

Stripes

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

We will be one step closer to finishing near or on the bottom of the ladder and get great draft picks!  :thumbsup ;)

In regards to playing Vickery, Thomson, Gourdis and Silvester I completly agree with you. Moore should be operated on and Silvester should be given a chance to prove his worth. Similiarly Gourdis should get an opportunity in the forwardline alone with Vickery who could rotate with Graham. Thomson should have been brought in last week for Cousins and should take someone like Pettifier or even Raines spot this week.

Malthouse would be great but I think Collingwood will resign him.

Stripes

I agree about Malthouse he'll be offered another year, Collingwood aren't that stupid unfortunately. We can only hope it's for a one year deal and Malthouse wants 3 years and maybe we can sign him up
Go Tigers!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
We keep the tank going.
We lose, therefore more pressure on Terry to walk.
Vickery doesn't get his confidence smashed by copping a flogging from the 8ft Sandilands.
Simmonds proves again that he is past it and this is his last season.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
pettifer would be stiff to be dropped, simmo has been in the guilty party all year and will make space for a Gus return...cogs, raines, Polo, connors all under pressure with cuzz and thomo pushing
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
pettifer would be stiff to be dropped, simmo has been in the guilty party all year and will make space for a Gus return...cogs, raines, Polo, connors all under pressure with cuzz and thomo pushing

Think Cogs had one bad game last week was close to BOG against Port, think Cogs deserves to play teh year out in the 1sts barrring shocking form. Has worked his ass off to get in and shoudln't be replaced by some Coburg guys taht are doing ok. There are alot of others that should get dropped before Mark Coghlan
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »

Think Cogs had one bad game last week was close to BOG against Port, think Cogs deserves to play teh year out in the 1sts barrring shocking form. Has worked his ass off to get in and shoudln't be replaced by some Coburg guys taht are doing ok. There are alot of others that should get dropped before Mark Coghlan

Agree Popelord.  Coughlan was never the quickest going around and for obvious reasons will need to time to adjust the the new tempo of the game but he has already shown enough to suggest he is worth persevering with - much more than some others.  His game against Port was first class - short memories some - or just looking for convenient scapegoats maybe?

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »

Agree Popelord.  Coughlan was never the quickest going around and for obvious reasons will need to time to adjust the the new tempo of the game but he has already shown enough to suggest he is worth persevering with - much more than some others.  His game against Port was first class - short memories some - or just looking for convenient scapegoats maybe?
I agree with both posts -give him a go - get off his back!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »

Sorry guys - disagree. I am not looking for a scapegoat - that's not my thing.

Let me makes this very very clear I reckon it is absolutely fantastic he has made it back after nearly 3 years but the game has changed and the pace of it takes no prisoners.

I don't think he was anywhere near BOG against Port  well not at least from where I was sitting. I actually got incredibly frustrated the number of times they ran off him. Port actually used Cogs lack of pace to set up a number of thrusts forward. It was like they would actually switch play just to get that run. I seriously question whether any team can afford that to happen week after week.

against Sydeny it wasn't as evident because Sydney are not a really fast team but certainly against Essendon it shone like a beacon.

If you haven't got the speed your self you need to have quick decision making, quick hands and excellent disposal by foot. Sadly I am not sure 1 out of 3 is enough with the game the way it is. Against the Bombers we got 1 out of 3 and it to me at least is a massive worry
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
To quote WP "The game takes no prisoners"That is a reality.

First we wait in hope for Nathan Brown to return to his 2005 form after snapping his leg in half.

Now we wait in hope for Cogs to return to his 2003 form after two knees and three years out.

Sorry to say this.... but it all looks like FALSE HOPE

Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:36:16 PM »

Sorry guys - disagree. I am not looking for a scapegoat - that's not my thing.

Let me makes this very very clear I reckon it is absolutely fantastic he has made it back after nearly 3 years but the game has changed and the pace of it takes no prisoners.

I don't think he was anywhere near BOG against Port  well not at least from where I was sitting. I actually got incredibly frustrated the number of times they ran off him. Port actually used Cogs lack of pace to set up a number of thrusts forward. It was like they would actually switch play just to get that run. I seriously question whether any team can afford that to happen week after week.

against Sydeny it wasn't as evident because Sydney are not a really fast team but certainly against Essendon it shone like a beacon.

If you haven't got the speed your self you need to have quick decision making, quick hands and excellent disposal by foot. Sadly I am not sure 1 out of 3 is enough with the game the way it is. Against the Bombers we got 1 out of 3 and it to me at least is a massive worry

Yeah agree he's not quick and his pace or lack of at the moment has hurt us in some points I just don't see it as droppable at this stage our club is in.

Cogs would be 10th-15th man picked in the side possibly higher and other players in the team have far worse deficiencies in there game then Cogs's pace.

To simply name a few:

Simmonds 2nd efforts
Raines lack of awareness
Tambling's lack of core strength to stand up in tackles
Numerous players tackling ability
Goal kicking in some players
Skills in general.

The list of small deficiencies could go on.

Sorry WP just think Cogs pace is the least of our worries at this present time.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:20:19 AM »
According to you Cogs lack of pace is the least of our worries?

How about the fact he hasn't got the power in his kicking to kick 50 metres which brings me back to his lack of pace and how slow hw was in that critical play about 22 mins into the 2nd quarter when he marked on our fwd 50 with two players on their own inside fwd 50 and he could not get passed the man on the mark with his kick due to his slowness. Changed the game. Could have been 28 points instead Bombers got one and we went in 16 in front.

In close he has been okay but the game has passed him by and he is clearly too slow.