Author Topic: All the best Terry  (Read 4215 times)

Moi

All the best Terry
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »
No doubt you'll get some charming messages on this thread  ;) but for my part, just want to congratulate you on having a go at the hardest gig in town. 
With virtually no help administratively, poor recruitment support, development et al, plus the enormity of the task you undertook, I'm not surprised you ran out of time to complete.
But I think you've been amazing the way you've conducted yourself, and are a credit to yourself.  You sucked it in daily and held your head very high the last couple of weeks, despite what I can only imagine was unbearable pressure.

I can only hope the football department's review will thoroughly address the things you didn't have and that the next coach can get the support you didn't get.

I hope whoever gets the gig has loyal staff, coterie groups and former employees that won't knife them in the back every time things get too hard.  That we as a club can get behind one another and get this club back up where we belong.

:gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

Re: All the best Terry
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
Look I don't care who coaches Richmond in the future.

But about Terry, yep I think he made some mistakes in his tenure and him not coaching us next year will be a good thing but................

I personally think we have a better list now than we did when he first arrived and the new coach will have to get rid of less players than what Terry could have or should have post 2004 into season 2005.

And the finals series we achieved under Spud was a last hurrah from an ageing list. The equivalent of a premiership for RFC making the prelim in 01 after a string of near misses just like Carlton winning the flag in 95 after near misses in the preceding 3 seasons. Terry had a much younger list and if we go through all the crap yes he did recruit some duds but we have plenty of kids who in 2 or so years will be in the 23-25 age group.

Its all said and done come Friday so rather than focus on some of the negatives of the past, its all over. Our beef or grudge is based on what we feel should have been done at RFC rather than a personal one. Time to be magnanamous and wish him the best of luck in his future endevours.

Overall a club whose dirty laundry has been aired publically from a board room and coterie group sense that continually for the last 27 years has allowed self centred people to run the agenda from an era that is so bygone has also had a great deal of responsibility to today's events. I can only hope everyone at the club will be steering in the right direction and will have the same agenda.

All I can say now is good luck to him and his family post Friday night.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »
Hope we can all put the negativity behind us and see just a good game of football with Terry going out with head held up high.

Did an OK job at a very very very difficult workplace. Cheers Plough.
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
Hope we can all put the negativity behind us and see just a good game of football with Terry going out with head held up high.

Did an OK job at a very very very difficult workplace. Cheers Plough.

Will take the new coach three years to get rid of the rubbish out of the list that he has recruited.
thanks Terry, thank you very much :chuck :thatsgold

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »

Will take the new coach three years to get rid of the rubbish out of the list that he has recruited.
Even when he's gone you don't let up. It's sad and pathetic.

Moi

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:48 PM »

Even when he's gone you don't let up. It's sad and pathetic.
What we've been telling everyone for a long time, Jack is a sick, sick man
 :chuck

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »
All the best Terry, Jack you are a stuff wit of the highest order.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
I have to agree Moi that the way TW has conducted himself especially over the last few weeks is a credit to him.

A few people could learn from it

I wish him all the best for the future
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
All the best Terry, Jack you are a eff wit of the highest order.

all you have supported a coach with a 37% win ratio.
I want the club to be successfull, not to win wooden spoons you goose!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

Doesn't matter who coaches this club Jack, cock heads like you will always run them down and stab them in the back because that just the low life you are!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

Youve hijacked every thread getting around Jack, grow up and let go! Leave this thread alone!
Terry, good luck! You failed to do what evry coach since since 1982 has failed to do as well so don't feel bad! You conducted yourself with utmost dignity all the way and never pointed a finger of blame in any direction in public. For that alone you should be respected!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »

Doesn't matter who coaches this club Jack, cock heads like you will always run them down and stab them in the back because that just the low life you are!!
LOW LIFE AND idiot HEY, YOUR FUNNY.
 Its imbeciles like you that support people who are losers, get over it, Terry is gone.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

Youve hijacked every thread getting around Jack, grow up and let go! Leave this thread alone!
Terry, good luck! You failed to do what evry coach since since 1982 has failed to do as well so don't feel bad! You conducted yourself with utmost dignity all the way and never pointed a finger of blame in any direction in public. For that alone you should be respected!
I take your advice  then.

Thank you Terry, you have done a terrific job, our list you leave is great, recruits terrific :thumbsup

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »

I take your advice  then.

Thank you Terry, you have done a terrific job, our list you leave is great, recruits terrific :thumbsup
:bow

Moi

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »

LOW LIFE AND idiot HEY, YOUR FUNNY.
 Its imbeciles like you that support people who are losers, get over it, Terry is gone.
This board isn't just about you, mate
Go and ring all your mates and tell them how wonderful you are that after 3 years you finally got it right
FO!