Author Topic: Wayne Campbell early favourite / Tigers say no to Malthouse, Sheedy (Herald-Sun)  (Read 6759 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Caro claimed earlier tonight on 3aw that Cambo is a hard taskmasker. He plays the 'bad' (as in tough) coach rather than the good bloke coach.  She doesn't think we'll do a Ratten/Carlton tank and just fall short of winning either. 

If Cambo is a hard taskmaster...That could be good news.

What was the mail on Wallace....Was he a Taskmaster or "Good bloke coach" ?

Terry looked mean in the doco "year of the dog"
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Interseting way to anylise it Tuckerbag, but I agree, some people have the blinkers on regarding Campbell.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
What I can't understand is how some people think. Each to their own I guess.

Great post as usual Shane Tucker.

Makes me laugh my arse off at some folks unwillingness to explore ALL possibilities.

This is not a popularity contest people, it's about who will be the best coach for the RFC!!
If former Tiger player Wayne Campbell tests best then great make him coach, if he's not the best then that's fine too but it's just ludicrous to shut your mind to candidates few have any idea about.

Moi

If Wayne is selected, good luck to him and we will support him
But if he's selected and he doesn't come up to standard, I think the club will and should come in for the criticism they would deserve. 
Wayne has no qualifications to coach and the appointment will be basically on the grounds he is a "good bloke" who's sat in a coach's box a few times  ::)
So it's up to the club [led by Mr Free as football director] to make the right decision for the club, not because of friendships.
It's that thinking that makes me wonder how in the hell can they even contemplate appointing him.
But I bet they will  :banghead

Tigermonk

If Wayne is selected, good luck to him and we will support him
But if he's selected and he doesn't come up to standard, I think the club will and should come in for the criticism they would deserve. 
Wayne has no qualifications to coach and the appointment will be basically on the grounds he is a "good bloke" who's sat in a coach's box a few times  ::)
So it's up to the club [led by Mr Free as football director] to make the right decision for the club, not because of friendships.
It's that thinking that makes me wonder how in the hell can they even contemplate appointing him.
But I bet they will  :banghead

amazing how people refer to assistant coaching at 2 clubs sitting in a coaches box a few times
take that skirt off & put on your tracksuit & jog on down after you caught your flight & have a look what assistant coaches do & remember to bring your soap
l can asure you they are hands on,  off the track just as much as on the track.  They have meetings & heaps of other duties to go with coaching. its a job ( Coaching) means you do it all day & into the night & weekends. They sit in the coaches box because they cant take the field to do the players job. But they still have a huge impact all game doing thier job.
Campbell has all the qualifications to coach except he has not coached his own side, maybe he is about too. Thats the judgement of the club thats already been made but yet to be annouced to the public till after the departure of Wallace but Terry already knows who is jumping in his seat  ;D

l dont want Campbell to be coach,  but that dont mean his not qualified otherwise he would not be able to apply for the job at all
Brian Royal has the most qualifications out of all of them down there. Has coached his own sides & has been to several clubs. been coaching for many years now that a whole new debate, lets see if Royal can caretaker coach  ;D is he the man undermining Wallace to get his chance  :shh

Moi

Campbell has all the qualifications to coach except he has not coached his own side, maybe he is about too. Thats the judgement of the club thats already been made but yet to be annouced to the public till after the departure of Wallace but Terry already knows who is jumping in his seat  ;D
That's all I'm saying Pet, is they will have to live by their decisions and the flack they'll get if they appoint a "novice" who hasn't coached before, and one that is perceived to be "mates" with the football director.
Free can walk away from the job, the supporters are the ones that will feel the pain for years to come.

Tigermonk

That's all I'm saying Pet, is they will have to live by their decisions and the flack they'll get if they appoint a "novice" who hasn't coached before, and one that is perceived to be "mates" with the football director.
Free can walk away from the job, the supporters are the ones that will feel the pain for years to come.

Campbell & Free are mates are they, who said they are.  They played together but l know many from that era as angry but l wont go there the site will fall off the www
Anybody put into the Richmond coaching role as caretaker or coach for the next few seasons could fail & your right its us that suffer
l agree Free can walk away as he was put in place for a reason again l wont say

Moi

I'm just asking for a decision that's based on doing what's right for the club and that the selection process is exhaustive, no stone unturned. 
If it's Campbell, that's fine, but we take responsibility for that decision.
Sure any coach could fail, but Campbell's not any coach, he's an untried coach.  There's a difference IMO.

Tigermonk

I'm just asking for a decision that's based on doing what's right for the club and that the selection process is exhaustive, no stone unturned. 
Sure any coach could fail, but Campbell's not any coach, he's an untried coach.  There's a difference IMO.

yes & l agree with you he really is untried & needs to coach a side away from AFL like others before him
there is many people who will apply for the coaching role & some huge names & of cousre those that are chasing big money for the high profile coaches
Richmond are in the best position for many years with whats on offer, its the best platter of coaches in decades
This coach must make some huge decisions, be it retiring some of Richmonds favorite sons  ;D l could live with that without a problem as long as the coach is tuff

Leigh Matthews is my choice with Paul Hudson as a main assistant,
Gary Ayres also strikes me as a very good coach at the right price, who can be tough & is terrific getting the young players to produce on field, knows how to get a team to the finals & thats what we all want.

But then they want Richmond people so Kevin Sheedy should coach with Campbell & Lambert along side maybe that would fail

Moi

yes & l agree with you he really is untried & needs to coach a side away from AFL like others before him
there is many people who will apply for the coaching role & some huge names & of cousre those that are chasing big money for the high profile coaches
Richmond are in the best position for many years with whats on offer, its the best platter of coaches in decades
This coach must make some huge decisions, be it retiring some of Richmonds favorite sons  ;D l could live with that without a problem as long as the coach is tuff

Leigh Matthews is my choice with Paul Hudson as a main assistant,
Gary Ayres also strikes me as a very good coach at the right price, who can be tough & is terrific getting the young players to produce on field, knows how to get a team to the finals & thats what we all want.

But then they want Richmond people so Kevin Sheedy should coach with Campbell & Lambert along side maybe that would fail
Excellent post, Monk  :thumbsup

Campbell & Free are mates are they, who said they are.  They played together but l know many from that era as angry but l wont go there the site will fall off the www
Anybody put into the Richmond coaching role as caretaker or coach for the next few seasons could fail & your right its us that suffer
l agree Free can walk away as he was put in place for a reason again l wont say

I can't say, I can't say...

:sleep

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
our midfield has dominated in many games, its our fwd line that has failed
defence has been good, midfield been great at times average at other times but thats because they wanted wallace out
we are winning clearances and contestsed footy and u watch our midfielders shine from rnd 12 onwards maybe they are starting they were damn good v freo, damn good v the bombers for a half, great v the swans and cats and port, dominated pasrts of teh game v the dogs and lions and demons.

imo the players had a dilema, they wanted wallace out, but if they had of made finals this yr and done well, then wallace would have received another contract which the players didnt want, so they have tanked and lost on purpose to get rid of him, now that they know he is definately gone, watch them shine

Hilarious. LMFAO how dumb you are

bend over and touch ur toes, i know u will like it

Ox

stuff this club/.

I hope it folds and dies.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
have beentold by a journo that rawlings does not want to be caretaker, wants to coach coburg and build his credentials there.

he says king will be caretaker

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
eff this club/.

I hope it folds and dies.
nice

you can always stop supporting us