Author Topic: Wayne Campbell early favourite / Tigers say no to Malthouse, Sheedy (Herald-Sun)  (Read 6765 times)

Ramps

If Campbell is expecting to be a candidate for the main job, then he needs to take the caretakers job. You cant put in a bloke who has never coached his own side.

Tigermonk

eff this club/.

I hope it folds and dies.

;D you can always come sit next to me at Melbourne games there are plenty of spare seats  :lol

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I wasn't keen on Campbell.....But I am starting to warm to the idea.

No one can dispute the fact that he is passionate when it comes to the RFC.

If the players want a more "contemporary" coach and he is someone that they will "Play For".....Why Not.

He has had more experience than Voss....And lets not forget he spent a lot of time in the coaches box when he was injured in the twillight of his career.

I would not be disappointed if he gets the caretaker gig.....and goes hell for leather for wins until its a mathematical impossibility-which could be still 3 losses away.

Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

Yep he learned alot when he was injured and was in the coaches box.  :whistle

Danny Frawley
Wayne Brittain.

Otherwise known as Voyage of the Damned. :banghead
Don't think that would have increased his credentialls. :wallywink

All I am saying is pick the right man for the job and be thorough about it. Don't just give it to Campbell cos he is a good bloke played for Richmond and is mates with Tony Free.
Ultimately I want to see Richmond successful and whether the coach that achieves this is Hardwick Campbell or Mickey Mouse means nothing to me. I just want the job to be given to the best candidate not the likely candidate.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Cambo's too inexperienced for mine. I also wonder if he'll split the supporter base if he was named coach given as a player he was liked by some supporters yet disliked by others. I can still remember a RFC member folding his arms and refusing to cheer a Cambo goal because he couldn't stand the way Cambo played as a footballer lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Same song and dance  :banghead
Campbell is Gay

Campbell is Gay

Gay as in happy or Gay as in homosexual?

Capital G Gay might mean a religion or race maybe.

Interesting.

:cuddles or  :lol

:help

Moi

Cambo's too inexperienced for mine. I also wonder if he'll split the supporter base if he was named coach given as a player he was liked by some supporters yet disliked by others. I can still remember a RFC member folding his arms and refusing to cheer a Cambo goal because he couldn't stand the way Cambo played as a footballer lol.
Supporters will go absolutely mental like you've never seen before if he's not successful.
Will be very easy for some people to lay into him  :invasion

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Campbell is Gay

Interesting.

Gay as in shared a house with the gayest footballer ever to play at Richmond :whistle

Jackstar is back

Campbell is Gay

Interesting.

Gay as in shared a house with the gayest footballer ever to play at Richmond :whistle

Laughable. considering there is someone in a high spot who is, lol ;)

Offline rbartlett

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland

campbell to coach remainder of season.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Thanks Rhett
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
thanks son of ................kb
cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robbo on Ch 7 believes Campbell has got the caretaker gig.

Rhett Bartlett's site Rhettrospective.com believe that Wayne Campbell will be announced as Richmond's caretaker coach for the remainder of the season.

http://eatemalive.blogspot.com/

Edit: I didn't see your post Rhett before posting this in another thread. I've split and merged the threads together.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:45:26 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Former Richmond captain Wayne Campbell was last night favourite to be announced caretaker Tigers coach.

Punt Rd sources said Campbell was the man most likely to be given the nod from Wallace's team of assistant coaches.

If appointed he would be in pole position to win the job permanently from 2010, with 11 games left this season to prove his worth.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25594552-19742,00.html