Author Topic: Plough's parting words to members and supporters  (Read 1628 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough's parting words to members and supporters
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:25 AM »
Terry's parting words to members and supporters in EOTT....

I would like to thank all of you who have endured some tough times that we have gone through over the past few years. The only thing I will say to you is that I still believe that the Tigers’ future is quite bright. With a midfield group such as Brett Deledio, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley and Trent Cotchin taking us forward, along with some good players at the right age bracket at either end of the ground now, I think the squad will develop well over the next few years. At the end of the day, the final judgement call on my time as coach will still be in the future . . . If this group of young players can come through and have the next successful era for the Club, then I will walk away satisfied. I now walk away from the game after 32 years with very few regrets. Obviously, I would have liked this last stint to be more successful at Richmond, but I can still see light at the end of the tunnel for all Tiger followers. Look around in the outer over the next few months and you might see me standing alongside you supporting the boys. Thanks for the journey . . .

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Moi

Re: Plough's parting words to members and supporters
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:43:24 AM »
At the end of the day, the final judgement call on my time as coach will still be in the future . . . If this group of young players can come through and have the next successful era for the Club, then I will walk away satisfied. I now walk away from the game after 32 years with very few regrets.
Yep, the future is how he will be judged, and I think a lot of players he drafted will still be there in five years time.  A tad different from when Frawley coached us where all players had to be replaced virtually.
Unlike others, I have no problem with his assessment of his tenure.  He doesn't sound ecstatic with what he's achieved - hard to imagine he would - but satisfied that he did all he could with what he had.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:11 AM »
Terry in the "outer"" oh please.
As for players still being there :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:21:34 AM »
Terry in the "outer"" oh please.
As for players still being there :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Jack

When do you think you might be able to move on?

I wonder if we will ever get a Jackstar that is not so angry all of the time.

Time to focus on the recovery not the injury.

:cheers

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:37 AM »
your right 1965, the journey starts next week against  West Coast :gotigers

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
the future is not how terry wallet will be judged, the future is how the new coach will be judged

terry is not th ereason why the dogs are succeeding now, that is eades team, he is the man behind them

wallace will be judged as semi successful at the dogs AND A TOTAL FAILURE AT RICHMOND FULL STOP

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »
I still think he coached too well in those first two years and got more out of the list than he should of. I quess Dean Baily  learnt from Terry's mistake.

I wish TW all the best and belive he tried but didn't achive what he expected.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »
I still think he coached too well in those first two years and got more out of the list than he should of. I quess Dean Baily  learnt from Terry's mistake.

True. In retrospect we should have kept Spud on for another couple of years and left the gun recruits in the 2nds to develop like what Melbourne has done this year so they can stay on the bottom. Perhaps we should have left TW in charge for another couple of seasons also but the difference between Spud and TW is that Tw can actually coach.

Another reason we were so successful in that first season because the older players were playing for their careers. When they disappeared we dropped back to the bottom again. I am fearful that we will make a similiar jump next year and again harm our long term future....

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »
However if we had tanked for the first two years of Wallace's reign we probably wouldn't have had the finances to hire a development coach and recruiting staff. We were in pretty dire need of money the moment Wallace walked in the door.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »

True. In retrospect we should have kept Spud on for another couple of years and left the gun recruits in the 2nds to develop like what Melbourne has done this year so they can stay on the bottom. Perhaps we should have left TW in charge for another couple of seasons also but the difference between Spud and TW is that Tw can actually coach.
Another reason we were so successful in that first season because the older players were playing for their careers. When they disappeared we dropped back to the bottom again. I am fearful that we will make a similiar jump next year and again harm our long term future....

Stripes

History will tell you that YOU ARE WRONG.

37% win/loss ratio and no finals in 5 years says to me he cant coach

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
the future is not how terry wallet will be judged, the future is how the new coach will be judged
FULL STOP[/b]

More short-sightedness from blind supporters.

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »
FULL STOP[/b]

It's time to move on FFS.

:banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:01:41 AM »
However if we had tanked for the first two years of Wallace's reign we probably wouldn't have had the finances to hire a development coach and recruiting staff. We were in pretty dire need of money the moment Wallace walked in the door.

One other thing may have seen a different ending for Terry. After a 7-2 start in 2005 Browny broke his leg in round 10 against Melbourne. The following week we went down to the Eagles by 2 points coming back from 5 goals down twice during the game. With Browny in we win that one and turn 8-3 and make the 8. It robbed us of a fit and firing Brown someone we invested heavily in at seasons end in 2003. Sure now we might be doing a rebuild too had we made finals in 05 as the problems we are experiencing now will haved reared their heads by now and we may have been where we were two years ago or last year with Terry.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »
FULL STOP[/b]

typiucal responce from a try hard musician

you can bend over for wallace , i wont