Author Topic: What do you want to see most from Rawlings regarding gamestyle?  (Read 6435 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: What do you want to see most from Rawlings regarding gamestyle?
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
When a REAL coach comes in and makes TRUE CHANGE,

What true change can this real coach make?  There is a serious lack of quality footballers at RFC and that wont be changed overnight, we went through one mini rebuild with TW and now it looks like another deeper one is needed.  I think we are years away from being consistently competitive whether we get a real coach or not.

your kidding right???

True change can begin NO MORE TRADING AWAY DRAFT PICKS.

true change can begin with, when an opportunity comes to trade away one of our own, TAKE IT WITH OPEN ARMS like hold them till they are worthless i.e Petrified, Schulz,

true change can begin with a REBUILD not a baby rebuild like the clueless Wallet instilled on this team.

True change can begin with saying goodbye forever to JON, Schulz, Edwards, Mcmahon plus most of the good time oldies.

Its not hard but that is a damm good start wouldn't you say.

True change can begin with a discipline of "IF YOU CANT KICK, YOUR OUT OF THE RFC"

IF YOU CANT TACKLE, SEE ABOVE.

watch the pies mate they are so well drilled its not funny.

WATCH HARRY O'S GOAL ON THE WING BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WATCH SHANE O'BREE STANDING BY HIM SIDE BY SIDE. THATS A REAL CLUB.

The day we start leading the tackle count and other 1%% is the day we might actually make the 8
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »

What true change can this real coach make?  There is a serious lack of quality footballers at RFC and that wont be changed overnight, we went through one mini rebuild with TW and now it looks like another deeper one is needed.  I think we are years away from being consistently competitive whether we get a real coach or not.

your kidding right???

true change can begin with, when an opportunity comes to trade away one of our own, TAKE IT WITH OPEN ARMS like hold them till they are worthless i.e Petrified, Schulz,

true change can begin with a REBUILD not a baby rebuild like the clueless Wallet instilled on this team.

True change can begin with saying goodbye forever to JON, Schulz, Edwards, Mcmahon plus most of the good time oldies.

True change can begin with a discipline of "IF YOU CANT KICK, YOUR OUT OF THE RFC"

WATCH HARRY O'S GOAL ON THE WING BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WATCH SHANE O'BREE STANDING BY HIM SIDE BY SIDE. THATS A REAL CLUB.

The day we start leading the tackle count and other 1%% is the day we might actually make the 8

Agree with the sentiment, a lot of what you mentioned is valid however my point is it wont hapen in the short term.  As you mentioned a major rebuild is needed, a new coach can make the changes but will not see the benefits for what three or so years.  And the big question is will a new coach last three years with no success at the RFC, will the RFC, supporters and media support a coach with a win ration in the 30% for a three year period.

We can get rid of the players who cant tackle and cant kick and dont play team footy but who do you replace them with, the answer ATM is footballers with the same shortfalls.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »

your kidding right???

Excellent post.  :thumbsup  :clapping  :clapping  :cheers
much better Daniel161. I now consider that you too are ONE of the few enlightened ones on this forum.
The other majority are in LA LA LAND.  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:22 PM »
Excellent post.  :thumbsup  :clapping  :clapping  :cheers
much better Daniel161. I now consider that you too are ONE of the few enlightened ones on this forum.
The other majority are in LA LA LAND.  :help

Noted and confirmed, Mr Tigra and Daniel are brothers in brainwaves

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
Why the calls to sack the caretaker coach?

He's playing the kids, we wont end up ninth and we will get a high draft pick.

Good point you make Chuck

I thought all the pro-tankers wanted the kids played and losses for the remainder of the season....

Wouldn't think they'd ask for anything more than what we got tonight  :rollin

If you want to tank - then you don't get a say in how the result is achieved IMHO because you're getting what you wanted

it is people like yours truly who is anti-tank - that should ranting like a lunatic and doing this  :banghead :banghead
Meatloaf WP - 2 out of 3 ain't bad it's bloody awful  :P lol.

* Playing the kids - tick
* Playing the whole list even if we think some chosen aren't up to it - tick
* Changing the team structure after only a week after a win to one which is ultra-defensive and where everyone is in the back half - cross.

It wasn't that we got flogged that was upsetting. It was the way we played. I'd rather lose kicking 14 goals to their 26 than not score at all for 90 minutes  :-X. Not sure how being so defensive is educational for our cubs given the way we played isn't a long-term sustainable team structure. Just let the kids run and play football kicking long quickly to targets up forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
Why the calls to sack the caretaker coach?

He's playing the kids, we wont end up ninth and we will get a high draft pick.

Good point you make Chuck

I thought all the pro-tankers wanted the kids played and losses for the remainder of the season....

Wouldn't think they'd ask for anything more than what we got tonight  :rollin

If you want to tank - then you don't get a say in how the result is achieved IMHO because you're getting what you wanted

it is people like yours truly who is anti-tank - that should ranting like a lunatic and doing this  :banghead :banghead
Meatloaf WP - 2 out of 3 ain't bad it's bloody awful  :P lol.

* Playing the kids - tick
* Playing the whole list even if we think some chosen aren't up to it - tick
* Changing the team structure after only a week after a win to one which is ultra-defensive and where everyone is in the back half - cross.

It wasn't that we got flogged that was upsetting. It was the way we played. I'd rather lose kicking 14 goals to their 26 than not score at all for 90 minutes  :-X. Not sure how being so defensive is educational for our cubs given the way we played isn't a long-term sustainable team structure. Just let the kids run and play football kicking long quickly to targets up forward.

Hhhmmm. So we didn't prepare to win hey?  Sometimes you should be careful what you ask for...........you just might get it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
Hhhmmm. So we didn't prepare to win hey?  Sometimes you should be careful what you ask for...........you just might get it.
That was the problem - we did try to pinch a win by playing a ultra-negative gameplan or at least limit the scoreboard damage by trying to strangle the Saints and then hit them on the counterattack. It worked for almost a quarter while we were fresh and able to run hard to close down the Saints. Once we started to tire the tactic broke down. St Kilda found holes while our scoring totally dried up. We were only able to score in the last when the Saints had the game won and dropped off in their intensity.

I would rather we went head to head with a proper forward structure than play that one-off unsustainable rubbish. With such a young side sure we would've got pumped but nothing was going to prevent that against a mature battle-hardened team that is flying. The tank was never at risk no matter what we did  ;) so why not keep the same positive direct style of last week. The last thing a coach should be doing with a young side is changing the gamestyle on a weekly basis and utterly confusing them. That was one of the main criticisms of Plough.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »

I would rather we went head to head with a proper forward structure than play that one-off unsustainable rubbish. With such a young side sure we would've got pumped but nothing was going to prevent that against a mature battle-hardened team that is flying. The tank was never at risk no matter what we did  ;) so why not keep the same positive direct style of last week. The last thing a coach should be doing with a young side is changing the gamestyle on a weekly basis and utterly confusing them. That was one of the main criticisms of Plough.

I agree with that MT.  Preparing to win as above would see us win a few between now and season's end but as you stated - "The tank was never at risk no matter what we did"!!   :'(

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals

Richmond has only scored over 100 points once. (Fremantle Win)

Richmond has only scored 6 '5 Goals or more in a quarter', which is 15th in the AFL. 1 Goals in front of North Melbourne.

Richmond has conceded 21 '5 Goals or more in a quarter', which is the equal 1st in the AFL, equal with Fremantle.

not good enough!