Author Topic: Picks 36 and 52  (Read 8843 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Picks 36 and 52
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2004, 10:40:37 PM »
Looks like what I posted previously was not correct, a player can be moved from the vets list back to the primary list as long as they are still classified as a veteran, so pick 36 is not a definite.

Thanks for clearing that up jezza and providing the payments for first and second year players :cheers. It would be interesting to see how that compares with keeping or drafting a mature age player on a one year deal.

I think we begin pre-season training before the final delisting cut-off of Friday week (?) so we may know from who doesn't turn up who may be in line for delisting if there are anymore. I would be pretty stunned if we end up passing on pick #36 as it's far too valuable a selection to just give up for nothing when the likes of Newman, Krakouer and Jackson were picked up with much later selections.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2004, 09:03:07 AM »
I think we begin pre-season training before the final delisting cut-off of Friday week (?) so we may know from who doesn't turn up who may be in line for delisting if there are anymore.

IIRC that's what happened last year.

A couple of blokes were cut when they came back in not so great condition after the break. :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2004, 11:42:57 AM »
Lets hope Kayne is flabby & Paris, is looking fat as well as injured.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2004, 11:11:09 PM »
well ive been on holidays but im back and this topic is of very big interest to me....a while back i started some discussion with a phantom draft...i deliberately put a player at 1- Thomas Reddin who hadnt been mentioned in any phantom drafts anywhere. Reddin can play but will not go at 1...im responding to this thread because at the time i also said the south australians hadnt only tried to hide reddin but theyve tried to hide other players as well...someone who i rate highly gave me the name of one other player also from Glenelg and Sacred Heart in SA and that player was Jack Juniper. Juniper is a big risk however...i think there are problems with his commitment to playing footy in general...but as i was told...as a junior he can play! considering he's 6'4 and weighs close to 88kgs i would give him a go. Its also interesting to note that at this stage I havent seen Juniper listed as a player to be taken in any draft...although i think its more to do with what i said earlier...so the point of all that ive said at 11.15pm on sunday night is that if pick 52 comes around and Juniper hasnt had his name called out...i think RFC and Greg Miller should risk it. Juniper and Reddin can play. Reddin will go alot higher than Juniper but having both at RFC will have meant weve had an outstanding draft. :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2004, 04:20:23 PM »
Welcome back from your holidays RT  :cheers. What would your phantom draft look like now? 

Here's a summary about Juniper from the footydraft.com site under other potential draftees. Did you write this summary as well RT  ;D ;). It would be a major risk if he isn't totally committed. He wouldn't last long at AFL level if that's so.

Jack Juniper

Club: Sacred Heart/Glenelg
Hgt: 194cm Wgt: 88kg
Position: Centre Half Forward/Ruck
Natural Foot: Right

Honours:
State Screening Camp 2004

Strengths: Juniper is one of the real unknown quantities of the draft and could loom as a real smoky come November 20. He has spent most of the year rucking for Sacred Heart in the SA schools league, although he can also play forward.

Jack is an exceptionally long kick and can boot goals from 50-60 metres out. He is a powerful athlete with a good leap and exceptional pace for his height. Reportedly ran rings around Benet Copping in a school match this year.

Weaknesses: Big questions over his commitment to football. Only did one training session with Glenelg before deciding not to continue, and had to be coaxed into nominating for the draft. Unproven at SANFL level or in the carnival.

Footydraft.com comment: Very hard to get a handle on where this kid will go, if at all. A lot depends on how much scouts saw of him at school level, and whether he is prepared to had a real crack at AFL. One of the more interesting stories in the 2004 draft pool.

http://www.footydraft.com/players.php?player=jack_juniper&dr=n
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd