Author Topic: Richmond Versus Carlton - Game Day Thread  (Read 5092 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Richmond Versus Carlton - Game Day Thread
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Well I have been waiting to get this thread going since I sat back last wekend and watched the Carlton v Freo game and this is why;

I have never been so confident all year that we can win a game as I am now, this one is in the bag for mine. While watching the Freo v Carlton game last week I was less than impressed by Carlton for a number of reasons. They looked slow, unskillfull, undisciplined and reliant on one player............ Judd, ok maybe two......... Judd & Gibbs.

We were very good against the Crows albeit in patches, but gee when we run the lines, go direct, use the ball well and apply pressure we are as good as any team in the comp and we have proven that this year without result.

We can win this game so don't be surprised when we do, Carlton are over rated IMO and Fev is starting to do his usual. I don't believe they have a forward line other than Fev and I don't rate thier backline against our forwards who I believe have improved with Nahas pressuring backmen and keeping the ball down there and Riewoldt and Morton due for bags of goals.

Jackson will keep Judd quiet, Tuck will beat Gibbs and Cuz will take out Murphy. Cotch will come good and take out Carrazo and our strong backline with Rance back in will do the job. We also have White in who will add to the pace department, I would also expect that maybe King could be a late withdrawall and Thompson or Pato come in, but good luck to King if he plays.

We have nothing to lose and that is how we will play so come on everyone lets back them in this weekend :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond Versus Carlton - Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
Well I have been waiting to get this thread going since I sat back last wekend and watched the Carlton v Freo game and this is why;

I have never been so confident all year that we can win a game as I am now, this one is in the bag for mine. While watching the Freo v Carlton game last week I was less than impressed by Carlton for a number of reasons. They looked slow, unskillfull, undisciplined and reliant on one player............ Judd, ok maybe two......... Judd & Gibbs.

We were very good against the Crows albeit in patches, but gee when we run the lines, go direct, use the ball well and apply pressure we are as good as any team in the comp and we have proven that this year without result.

We can win this game so don't be surprised when we do, Carlton are over rated IMO and Fev is starting to do his usual. I don't believe they have a forward line other than Fev and I don't rate thier backline against our forwards who I believe have improved with Nahas pressuring backmen and keeping the ball down there and Riewoldt and Morton due for bags of goals.

Jackson will keep Judd quiet, Tuck will beat Gibbs and Cuz will take out Murphy. Cotch will come good and take out Carrazo and our strong backline with Rance back in will do the job. We also have White in who will add to the pace department, I would also expect that maybe King could be a late withdrawall and Thompson or Pato come in, but good luck to King if he plays.

We have nothing to lose and that is how we will play so come on everyone lets back them in this weekend :thumbsup

obviously didnt take your medication today!!

As much as i would like to use the one last win this weekend against the Blues but we have SFA  chance of winning.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:26 PM »
So unlike you to be pessimistic against the RFC daniel.... ::)

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

2 final series in 27 years will do that to u.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:39:54 PM »

2 final series in 27 years will do that to u.

I feel it too mate don't worry but I will always back them in, we still need to stick with them through thick and thin..

"Rucks:

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:05:35 AM »
I just had a look at the site "Talking Carlton"and there is a surprising number of pessimistic Chicken littles over there.

Many are saying its the worst Carlton team picked for the year...Some reckon its a 50/50 game.One bloke believes we will win by 40+ points.

It appears that their usual cockiness took a hammering a fortnight ago and has been replaced with a "expect the worse-be pleasantly suprised" attitude.
Unleash the tornado

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »
Luxbet Odds

Carlton     $ 1.28 
Richmond $ 3.75

Line at 23.5 points

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
If that round 1 abomination still burns in the players' guts even half as much as it does the supporters, then that is all the motivation we'll need to beat this stinking mob.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »
Never mind the 40+ points the Blues supporters are talking about, if we get our game on song.... add the 1st and last qtr's together from the Saints and Crows games and then the play from the freo game and we are talking redemption ++++++++ from round one. I firmly believe we can win this by over 10 goals.

Just get rid of the little men in your heads guys and play like you can.

"Rucks:

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
Ch 10 news said Judd is sore. He started training later than the others.

Also emergency Cameron Cloke trained whereas Setanta O'hAilpan didn't. So maybe at least one late change for the Blues tomorrow.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »
Yes, I saw that on ten sport too. Great news. Hopefully Jacko and co. really target Judd for some physical punishment tomorrow. Glad Cloke is in too. I hope Cuz has a long memory, and pays him back for that cheap shot 20m off the ball in rd.1 

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
Carlton's BF board also saying Setanta has bruised kidneys and definitely won't play. The result of 'friendly' fire from Fev.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602175

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
Setanta claus not playing - whoopee didly shhit - if we r relying on that ! well !

We will win this one  :cheers & sum moore  :cheers

I believe it  ??? ::) :gotigers

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »
We already knew but 3aw just said Setanta is out.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No late changes for Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »
Finalised teams: CARLTON v RICHMOND

Carlton
B: Bret Thornton, Michael Jamison, Aaron Joseph
HB: Dennis Armfield, Adam Hartlett, Chris Johnson
C: Ryan Houlihan, Shaun Grigg, Jordan Russell
HF: Bryce Gibbs, Brad Fisher, Marc Murphy