Author Topic: Leigh Mathews  (Read 2418 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Leigh Mathews
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »
Just been reading that live blog on the Hun with Robbo and apparently rumor is that Richmond has had talks with Leathal this morning!! Anyone else heard this one?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Leigh Mathews
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
I saw it too WAT.  I've been scouring but unable to find anything on it....yet.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
God help us  ::) When are all these rumours going to end!  :help

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
God help us  ::) When are all these rumours going to end!  :help

Only 7 rounds to go Stripes..... :lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »
If he's 1 of the 15 and he's quietly sneaked into the list of interviewees with no fuss we might as well hear what he has to say for himself.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
Just been reading that live blog on the Hun with Robbo and apparently rumor is that Richmond has had talks with Leathal this morning!! Anyone else heard this one?

Can tell you all this.
Richmond are after a ""senior coach"" and the whispers arond say that both Matthews or Malthouse are there preferred options.
They dont want to take on a "'younger coach ""
Beleive what you want, dont shoot the messenger

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »
The Matthews story is out in public as he and Tony Free had breaky together yesterday morning

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »

Can tell you all this.
Richmond are after a ""senior coach"" and the whispers arond say that both Matthews or Malthouse are there preferred options.
They dont want to take on a "'younger coach ""
Beleive what you want, dont shoot the messenger

I kind of wish they would just appoint the freaking coach now and save us all these rumors. But I think we are our own worst enemies for believing just about everthing we see or hear.

Malthouse is really the only fit for mine out of the "older coaches" I really thought we would concentrate on a younger coaching outfit. Maybe a contract with Mathews for 2 years and then agreeing to sign over the reigns to his assistant after that???

Who knows?

"Rucks:

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
It gives me great confidence to hear they are looking for a "senior" coach and not a "young" coach.
Even if it is hear say it is amazing the relief I feel.
To Matthews, Malthouse or Sheedy, welcome ,welcome and welcome. p.s- :help

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »
It gives me great confidence to hear they are looking for a "senior" coach and not a "young" coach.
Even if it is hear say it is amazing the relief I feel.
To Matthews, Malthouse or Sheedy, welcome ,welcome and welcome. p.s- :help

Sheedy is gone and Malthouse is a very very distant chance, Mathews has said he won't even apply for the job so who knows.

"Rucks:

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
Can anyone confirm this:

I slightly recall Matthews been pushed out of Brisbane for similar reasons to Sheedy being pushed out of Essendon.

"Finished" "Washed Up" "Lost the players" The poor treatment of his players etc.

Why did Matthews leave Brisbane?

Go Tigers!

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
Might have also had something to do with this bloke Voss.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »
Can anyone confirm this:

I slightly recall Matthews been pushed out of Brisbane for similar reasons to Sheedy being pushed out of Essendon.

"Finished" "Washed Up" "Lost the players" The poor treatment of his players etc.

Why did Matthews leave Brisbane?

From memory I think he said that he would leave the lions when he felt he had lost the players and he didn't think he could take the club any further...... looks like that happened.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
Might have also had something to do with this bloke Voss.

Just like it might happen to Collingwood not this year but in the next few about a bloke called Malthouse for a bloke called Buckley.

Eddie can't have Mick without losing Bucks or vice-versa. No matter how hard Eddie tries he can't have his cake and eat it too.

All speculation.

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »
Has nothing to do with what he could do with Richmond. He had been at Lions for ages 3 flags etc..
Has had a break from coaching. Stayed up with the pace of the game in commentry and would be up for a chance to prove something again. Especially to people who say he was washed up etc..