Author Topic: Jess Sinclair  (Read 1511 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Jess Sinclair
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:36:20 AM »
What is everybody's opinion of Jess Sinclair? Any interest in him if he ended up in the PSD?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Jess Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 05:37:51 AM »
For that type of player isn't he about at his peak at 26.

Unless Richmond could see themselves challenging for a flag within the next 4 years (which I don't totally discount by the way) I wouldn't bother.

We must try to stick to the rebuilding. Like my mate said I dont really mind how we go the next couple of years (within reason of course) so long as we play Kids Kids Kids ....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 03:52:13 PM »
For that type of player isn't he about at his peak at 26.

I didn't realise he was that old CUB. You're right to say he's too old for us in our rebuilding phase.

Looks like it's going to be a fairly thin on quality PSD  :-\. If no one of half-decent quality becomes available you'd be almost tempted to pass on the PSD pick and instead use another National draft selection on a kid.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 05:01:54 PM »
Agree MT.

If we can't get either Salopek, McIntosh, Hadlee or Bowden, then I would prefer to pass on the PSD selection and from the resultant salary savings we could recruit one or two extra in the national draft and a couple more on the rookie list.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 05:18:14 PM »
Salopek apparently got a 3 year deal from Port when they drafted him so he's not out of contract but I would be happy with any of the other 3 you have mentioned Harry if they enter the PSD. The rookie draft is also important as we've seen with Moore. We should be aiming to develop at least one of our rookies per year to a standard for senior list promotion the following year. Use the system to our full advantage.