Author Topic: March on "On The Couch"  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
March on "On The Couch"
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
I think Gary March is the guest on "On The Couch" tonight.

Jackstar is back

Re: March on "On The Couch"
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
mate , the cricket is on ::)
I know what I will be watching

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
6/350.  I'm flicking channels!   ;)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »
I've taped it, will watch during lunch!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
It doesn't look like the cricket will be on for much longer  :-\.

Can someone provide a summary of what March says please for the rest of us? Cheers in advance  :).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »
Bloody poms.

:banghead

Bloody Bf can suck my scrotum.

Ban me for calling poms cheats.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »

Can someone provide a summary of what March says please for the rest of us? Cheers in advance  :).

He interviewed Scott Clayton , but didnt go down that path. WTF :banghead :banghead

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
Quite impressed with his performance (and I haven't been his biggest fan media-wise this year).  He copped a few from Mike and Gerard, especially on the Sheedy and Bartlett saga and he had straight confident answers, didn't flounder at all.

Said the club has improved significantly off-field in his time and would show another 7 figure profit this year.  Football Dept has gone from 13 to 23 personnel and will be 26 next year.

On field has been disappointing this year - expected the team to make the finals.

No issues with Sheedy or Bartlett - rang them both as soon as he was aware of their negative media comments and all is good.  Couldn't make an interview when Bartlett had his sook - he was overseas in meetings - rang the station as soon as he got out and offered to answer any questions then.  He is always happy to talk to the media.

He wanted Sheedy to go through the process, was disappointed when he pulled out.  Said he thought Sheedy would have been aware of the comments early in the year given that Hutchy had published them.

We have about 12-13 who will be interviewed and he has a very open mind about it.  Said the club won't be swayed from the process - we have a very definite idea of what we want and we will exhaust the process in an effort to be sure that we get the right man.  Not worried at all about North/Buckley - said North probably want a different type of coach to us anyway.  He won't be involved in the process until it is down to the last couple.

Spoke glowingly of Cameron and his work in redefining the Footy Dept.  Also praised Francis Jackson as a high quality recruiter.

Said Bowden wouldn't be given a 'farewell' game as such and that he would earn his spot back like all other players - mentioned King and McMahon here.  Backed Rawlings call that all players would have to get back via hard work at Coburg.

Said that any decision on Richo would be made by the List Committee but it would be a brave person to tell Richo that it was all over!

In general, he was very good in responding to some hard and pointed questioning, especially from Mike and Gerard.  I didn't once think he was crapping on or telling lies - his responses and gestures were too quick and confident for that.  He also had to correct them (Mike especially) a few times on incorrect facts that they tried to bring up - made them look a bit silly a couple of times.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »

He interviewed Scott Clayton , but didnt go down that path. WTF :banghead :banghead

yeah first Id ever heard of that, clayton has done a fair job of it at Bulldogs...maybe we were done with ex footscray heads down at Punt rd ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
Excellent thanks for the report Smokey, Foxtel gets hooked up Thursday.. :bow
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
You're welcome WAT.  Enjoy it on the big screen!   :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »

yeah first Id ever heard of that, clayton has done a fair job of it at Bulldogs...maybe we were done with ex footscray heads down at Punt rd ???
Maybe we had enough of Wallace-type recruiting (too many smalls). Remember too the job was for football manager rather than just head recruiter. There was probably a cost factor as well given Cameron has two hats now (football manager & list manager).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »
You're welcome WAT.  Enjoy it on the big screen!   :thumbsup

Will do mate cheers, I didn't realise how much we would miss Foxtel until now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »
Great stuff smokey. Cheers for that :thumbsup  :cheers  :clapping

Said the club has improved significantly off-field in his time and would show another 7 figure profit this year.  Football Dept has gone from 13 to 23 personnel and will be 26 next year.
Good to hear.

We have about 12-13 who will be interviewed and he has a very open mind about it.  Said the club won't be swayed from the process - we have a very definite idea of what we want and we will exhaust the process in an effort to be sure that we get the right man.  Not worried at all about North/Buckley - said North probably want a different type of coach to us anyway.  He won't be involved in the process until it is down to the last couple.
Any mention tonight of the names of the other candidates apart from Buckley smokey?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
Any mention tonight of the names of the other candidates apart from Buckley smokey?

Quite rightly NO

Although, Gerard did ask "is Hardwick your man" Gary? Healy likened it to what happened at St Kilda - the panel put a name up and the board went a completely different way.

March said no and that he wouldn't be joining the process until the late stages.

March also mentioned if you looked at the clubs that had recently gone through a process and in particular Essendon then it shows that the favourite doesn't always get the gig
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)