Author Topic: Who would you target from other clubs Player Wise to change our List  (Read 581 times)

Ramps

This is a hypothetical. This thread is not about trading or what it would take to get a player to Richmond. Just interested to see what type of players and what type of names people think would help Richmond. Now to be sensible about this. This is not a thread where you chuck in peoples names like Judd or Selwood etc etc. But to put in 3 or 4 names of players who may or may not have big reputations but who could help change the Richmond list for the better. So for mine. It would be:

1: Jesse White- Sydney Swans: We dont have a power forward and he looks a likely type for that type of role. At 22 about 195/196cm and about 100kgs I think he is the right type for Richmond

2: Mitch Brown- West Coast: We dont have big bodied players. After White, Brown would be my choice. Could play at CHF or even in defence. Still very young only negative, hes done a knee in the past.

3: Cale Morton- Melbourne: Fine young player for mine, will get much better in time. People talk about Kreuzer and our own Trent Cotchin, but Cale Morton at 191cm and about 19yo would be a very fine addition to our team. Brother of Mitch Morton, having the two brothers at our club would be very good indeed.

There the three for me. Not the biggest names, but lots of potential, lots of size and a fair amount of skill. They would also fill alot of holes at Punt Rd.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Who would you target from other clubs Player Wise to change our List
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
If we're talking lesser names ....

Tippett (Crows) - Young big key marking forward and goalkicker.

Hurley (Bombers) - gun young strong and solid bodied defender who can push forward as well. Good skills for a big man too.

Dangerfield (Crows) - a young version of Riccuito. Can play inside and outside midfield. Good skills.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:09:25 PM »
Roughhead or williams from the dawks! They seem unhappy with buddy getting all the supply

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:20:50 PM »
Gary ablett, james Bartell, Luke Hodge or Nick riewoldt...id be reasonably happy with any of those :)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »
Tatye Pears from Essendon, Brad Dalziell from Brisbane, Josh Hill from Footscray or Adam Selwood from the Weages
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

Hurley (Bombers) - gun young strong and solid bodied defender who can push forward as well. Good skills for a big man too.

Dangerfield (Crows) - a young version of Riccuito. Can play inside and outside midfield. Good skills.
You call those lesser names?

Every kid mentioned in this thread would be considered by this club like Cotchin, Vickery & Riewoldt are for us
Kids that their side is going to build a team around in a few years

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:06 PM »

You call those lesser names?

Every kid mentioned in this thread would be considered by this club like Cotchin, Vickery & Riewoldt are for us
Kids that their side is going to build a team around in a few years
Lesser names compared to a Judd, Ablett, Jonathan Brown, etc. They are granted very talented young players but they are only starting their careers. Even Cotch, Vickery and Jack as much as we rate them have done stuff all so far compared to a Judd, Ablett or Jonathan Brown. It is a hypothetical thread about what kind of players we would take if we could have them for free. Kids that you can build a side around fit perfectly into that criteria. Tippett is only getting a lot of publicity because GC17 are tempting him back home. He's still learning and has only attracted interest this year. Dangerfield is only in his first full year (spent last year at home finishing school), and Hurley has played only a couple of games in his first year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:54 AM »
Must admit I love the style of Robbie Gray from Port. Has balance and footy smarts. Would be very happy to see him on our list.