Author Topic: Vs Melbourne Praise.  (Read 2473 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Vs Melbourne Praise.
« on: August 02, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
Good to see the usual sooks in fine form again after the latest Senior Game.

Something new for a change some light positives from the weekend.

Tom Hislop - Think under Jade he's showing that he's more than just a low end fringe player on the list. Love his attack on the ball and how he goes about it. The goal he kicked when Rivers fumbled was the luckiest gift you'll ever see but woudl not have happened if he was lazy and conceded Rivers possession. H echased for 20-30 metres when history woudl suggest no one would have bothered.

Shane Edwards - Showing that he can take a genuine pack mark over head against some big bodies. Think he took 2 nice marks similar to the mark he took last week in the dying seconds. He's been hung drawn and quartered for being too small. Good lesson is to not right off Under 21 year olds. Tambling, Morton are great examples now chuck in Edwards, as continuous development and time is all they need.

Vickory and Post - Same as last week both having a crack and having very nice cameos throughout the game. Raw as all hell but it's great to see them having a crack and having a decent opportunity to show there skills. Post is incredibly slick and quick hand to foot for his size. And Vickory remarkably can hold onto the ball as assess teh situation in heavy traffic. Good to see and looking forward to further development.

Jack King - Have to be one of the most maligned players in my time. Thought his job on Davey in the first half in particular was very good. Didn't have the pace to go with him and could do nothing about the handball receives but I'd be very surprised if Davey got 1 contested possession for the game.

Nathan Brown - Did at least the minimum for the game to push for a contract extension. Looked at the list extensively tonight and there looks to be room for Browny now more so that Pettifer has injured himself again and unlikely to be retained.

Jordy - When push comes to shove you get paid to win games for the club. He earnt his money today dealing with the most pressure kick you can ask for outside a September game. Has his knockers but wrapped he could bath in some success off his own shoe. If he missed who knows what people woudl have done. Wrapped for the Mexican.

And last but not least..

The Win - To truly hurt in any sport you have to taste some sort of success. When you hurt you create thirst. The thirst to win. That's what we're creating with breading a winning culture at the end of the season. Showing the boys how enjoyable and what creates after the game and during the week after you win, is what you want the side to aim for. Let them taste it to what it more.

You can't properly tempt a dog with a treat if he is unfamiliar with the smell and taste. So I'm all for letting the boys have a big ol' wiff and bite of winning and singing the song.

Go Tigers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:03:03 PM by Popelord »
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Vs Melbourne Praise.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
Positives .....

Browny may have slowed down as he's got older and since the leg but today he showed he's still got that class above.

Postie showed his versatility at both ends. Developing nicely for a 19 year old tall.

I thought Polo did some nice things in the first half when others were scrappy.

King did his job which was to wrestle and annoy Davey to the point Davey was physically too stuffed for the next play lol.

I gave Jordie a vote for that winning goal ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 06:58:42 PM »
great thread :thumbsup
Watching all the players go nuts after the game was an awesome sight! Not a very good win? Tell that to them! We finally stole a win instead of gifting one!I hope this thread doesnt get over run by negative posts, but i fear it will!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:03:44 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
Watching all the players go nuts after the game was an awesome sight!
It was good to see some passion out there  :thumbsup

Whoever thought we'd see the headline "Mighty McMahon"  ;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
 :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »

I think I see Dean Bailey in there!  :rollin

:lol :lol :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
I honesly dont know what to say.
Jordon McMahon would have to be the worst football ever in the AFL to win a game of his own  boot.
We wont mention the second quarter when he ran into the open goal on the run and missed :shh ( something that a Leon Davis would do blindfolded) from 20 metres out. mmmmmmmmm

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
Jordon McMahon would have to be the worst football ever in the AFL to win a game of his own  boot.
We wont mention the second quarter when he ran into the open goal on the run and missed :shh ( something that a Leon Davis would do blindfolded) from 20 metres out. mmmmmmmmm

"... the worst football"

You sure you haven't been hitting the cooking sherry?

:lol

Jackstar is back

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »

"... the worst football"

You sure you haven't been hitting the cooking sherry?

:lol

Just polished off a 2004 bottle of Cab Sav actually.
He is still a poo footballer

Jackstar is back

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »

:rollin

:lol :lol :lol

Where is that Rugby Player and his finger  :o :o

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »
I think that this pic;

should go with this audio.     :)

:)http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4&act=down :)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
Deledio looks like he wants out.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Deledio looks like he wants out.
Thats pretty funny :lol :thumbsup

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
Positives
Tambling's kicking is now reliable. You all realise it was he who got the ball to McMahon in the first place.
Edwards has developed quickly in the past two months.
Polo is brave and will be a player.
Morton will likely kick 50 goals this year. Not bad.
Cotchin is no downhill skiier. Wins his own ball and dishes it out in heavy traffic.
Cousins is a freak.
Deledio BOG again.
Post showed more good signs in the 1st half. Liked how Rawlings sent him down back in the 2nd half to learn more.

I could go on. Sometimes it's not about the overall result, and sometimes it's about the journey.
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
lots of positives in the game, heaps actually, even though the standard at times was comical , but ffs, the wind was very tricky out there yesterday and melbourne really were out to win, they coula afford to win one more game and this was it , they wanted to crush us.

anyway

kingy has found his place through the midfield, once collins is fit white can fo, he is poo
deledio is showing he can play inside and out and seems to be much happier under jade
cousins and his leadership, unbelieveable, he has embraced the club and players and is the godfather lol of the club
brown, must play on next yr, quality is hard to find these days
edwards keeps on improving and gaining confidence
polo just a rock and mr consistency
thursfield is back! thank god
jack is going great , one day he will hold those hangers
vickery and post , developing nicely
mitch, is our brown jr
nahas just has that x factor
hislop played his best game 4 us and u have to love his physical game
tambling is everywhere and has become our mr reliable
newman is playing much better under jade and his kicking inside 50 is a treat
jackson is a workhorse as is patto
we won even though the ups raped us again
jordy was a damn good player, dont know why his knockers keep bagging him, jade didnt so he must have followed his instructions
cotch brownlow medal next yr for him if he is fit!

but the most positive thing about the game, was the way the boys reacted when we won, havent sen that excitement and unity in the team for so effing long. cousins the way he spoke and congratulated all the players, his continual chats to lids, cotch etc his ecouragement and teammateship, noticed players now shephard after a handpass now, unlike b4, thats cos cousins showed them thats what u do, protect ur teammate

we played melb , so what, swnas are meant to be poo and should have beaten the saints

every game is a hard game and there to be won, and we effen won !!!

AS BEN COUSINS SAYS, WINNING ISNT EVERYTHING,  IT IS THE ONLY THING!