Author Topic: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:16:34 PM »
Regardless of who goes where, if Hardwick misses on both clubs then you would have to seriously doubt his ability to ever get a senior gig (and wonder why he keeps missing out).

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
Regardless of who goes where, if Hardwick misses on both clubs then you would have to seriously doubt his ability to ever get a senior gig (and wonder why he keeps missing out).

Maybe because he wants the job on his terms or not at all.

That would fit with his character; all or nothing

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
Yep I am sticking on the Hardwick wagon still.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
You would hope Hardwick has learnt from last time when Hawthorn confiscated his work laptop.

The names that are through to the second phase are who you would consider the favourites so no surprises. If Laidley sticks to his line when he quit North that he wants a break from coaching then it'll probably be down to just 5.

OWAAT last night had vision of Cameron in the Bulldogs box when they played the Saints. Eade certainly gives his assistants plenty of freedom to make decisions. Cameron got peeed off with Minson when Will costly dropped those two sitters early in that game after Leon had told Minson beforehand they were depending on him to hold his marks up forward. They also showed Cameron in the 3/4 huddle to their midfield group if they kicked backwards then they had to bring themselves off straight away. Off because it was against team rules. So he's not afraid to demand orders although he didn't blast the crap out of them like coaches use to do in the old days. He doesn't seem to have that bellowing voice that some coaches do to peel paint off the walls. I remember Doug Searl with his speeches to the U19s. Not a place for the fainthearted or thin-skinned. In Leon's favour he came across as being very methodical and knowledgable as far as all the tactics and decision making required during a game. He never got flustered. They didn't show the 19th man incident though which must have sent the coaches mad. Just the Saints running away in the last quarter and Leon looking despondent.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 04:33:27 AM »
Richmond and North Melbourne continued their search for new coaches. Both clubs appear to be moving towards consolidating short lists with the Tigers hoping to make a decision well before the end of the home-and-away season.

Richmond denied yesterday it had asked to interview Eade, who comes out of contract at the end of 2009, with the Tigers having made it clear to Eade’s management it would not interrupt its two-step recruitment process which is about to enter its second stage.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/bulldogs-and-coach-keen-to-finalise-deal-within-days/2009/08/04/1249350550735.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Lions assistant Fletcher wants top Tigers job
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »
BRISBANE Lions assistant coach Adrian Fletcher wants to coach Richmond next season.

The veteran of 231 AFL games with four clubs says the time is right after spending most of the decade working under some of the best coaches in the business at Geelong (2004), Collingwood (2005-2007) and the Lions (2008 - 2009).

"I've been an assistant for seven years," Fletcher said on Wednesday.

"There's a time in your life when you've got to start putting your name out there to make sure that people understand where you want to go in life.

"I want to be a senior coach, no doubt about that. I've learned off three coaches, Mick Malthouse, Bomber [Mark] Thompson and Leigh Matthews, who have seven premierships, so although I'm not a premiership player I've been in the coaching arena where I understand how it works."

Fletcher was a playing journeyman, making his debut for Geelong in 1989 before moving on to St Kilda in 1992.

He played 107 games with the Brisbane Bears/Lions from 1993-1997 before heading to Fremantle where he was captain for two seasons before retiring at the end of 2001.

The former midfielder, considered a rugged, prolific ball winner, is in his second season at the Lions and is focused on experiencing another finals campaign from the coaches box before spreading his wings.

"I'm concentrating on Brisbane. We've got a chance to play in finals and we haven't done that for five years, so my energy is going into this footy club," Fletcher said.

While there are at least two coaching vacancies at North Melbourne and Richmond, Fletcher says the Tigers' role is top of his wish list.

"I put in for the Richmond role but they've had many applicants so we'll see what happens," Fletcher said.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=82070
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Lions assistant Fletcher wants top Tigers job
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
While there are at least two coaching vacancies at North Melbourne and Richmond, Fletcher says the Tigers' role is top of his wish list.

Seems to be the general trend.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

Nah, couldn't be.  We're the ones with the worst list that needs a complete rebuild aren't we?  Surely all those media pundits can't be wrong.

Ramps

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »

Nah, couldn't be.  We're the ones with the worst list that needs a complete rebuild aren't we?  Surely all those media pundits can't be wrong.

We are 1 big forward and probably 2 gun midfielders short of having a fairly decent side.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »

We are 1 big forward and probably 2 gun midfielders short of having a fairly decent side.

Ramps, are you really Danny Frawley in disguise?   ;D

Ramps

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

Ramps, are you really Danny Frawley in disguise?   ;D

we are 1 big forward and 2 gun mids away from being cherry ripe, locked and loaded, ready for a tilt, headed for the holy grail and going about it all just one week at a time  ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »
BRISBANE Lions assistant coach Adrian Fletcher wants to coach Richmond next season.

No thanks, I've seen a product of the Lions threepeat at close qtrs in McCrae and he's as useless as a @#%$ full of cold water :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »

No thanks, I've seen a product of the Lions threepeat at close qtrs in McCrae and he's as useless as a @#%$ full of cold water :o

Yes with a bit of luck he won't be there next year.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
Whispers on 3aw says Hardwick was seen getting off a plane after spending the day with Port coach Mark Williams.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »
Mail around town is that Mark Neeld interviewed extremely well. ;)