Author Topic: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job  (Read 8331 times)

richmondrules

Re: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
It's all very interesting  ;D

None of the media seem to have a clue  :rollin

And this surprises you because? ...  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56:45 AM »
It's all very interesting  ;D

None of the media seem to have a clue  :rollin

And this surprises you because? ...  :lol

Please note how I didn't say it was surprising used interesting instead ....

Because let's be honest it aint surprising they don't have a clue  :rollin :rollin :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »
And either do the RFC.
Whats sad is this, as soon as someone gets interviewed ,RFC are straight on the phone to the media.
Its just a circus. :banghead

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 07:32:46 AM »
And either do the RFC.
Whats sad is this, as soon as someone gets interviewed ,RFC are straight on the phone to the media.
Well considering that no one seems to know who is on that final list, i was suggest in this case that the exact opposite has happened!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »
And either do the RFC.
How on earth can you qualify that?
For all you know the journos have called and asked each candidate

Tigermonk

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
Cause Richmond have the most media interviews every week  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
Greg Denham said this morning that Hardwicks and Hinkleys first presentations were outstanding ;D

Denham also stated that what Richmond really needed in a coach was a winner. And his candidate for the mighty tiggers

Damien Hardwick  :thumbsup

Smart man is Denham  :D

TigerTimeII

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
Greg Denham said this morning that Hardwicks and Hinkleys first presentations were outstanding ;D

Denham also stated that what Richmond really needed in a coach was a winner. And his candidate for the mighty tiggers

mark harvey has all the same attributes also, great coach he is lol

Ramps

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »

mark harvey has all the same attributes also, great coach he is lol

Mark Harvey stayed to long at Essendon, only got success at Essendon. Hardwick has seen success at Essendon, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn. Its a big difference. Secondly from what I hear Hardwicks communication skills are better than Harveys. Not the same, way different. One cant be compared to the other.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
just stuffing with ya ramps
i dont care who we get as long as we get the right man whever he is

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 10:18:36 AM »
Hardwick holds coaching trump

Rohan Connolly and Jake Niall | August 7, 2009

HAWTHORN assistant coach Damien Hardwick could hold the key to the Richmond and North Melbourne coaching jobs.

The dual premiership player is a leading candidate for both positions, but is believed to hold a preference for Punt Road at this stage, because the Tigers have the advantage of being further advanced in their search for a coach and in their dealings with him.

North may have to decide whether to sit and wait to see if Hardwick wins the Richmond job or pursue only other candidates. The Roos have Hardwick lined up for an interview next week.

Richmond expects to move to a second stage of interviews next week, with Hardwick, caretaker coach Jade Rawlings, Essendon assistant Alan Richardson, Geelong assistant Ken Hinkley and Collingwood assistant Brad Scott having impressed the club's coaching sub-committee with their initial interviews and thus moving to the next phase.

North Melbourne is still finalising its initial list of candidates, with Hardwick, a former Kangaroos under-19s player, caretaker coach Darren Crocker and Sydney assistant John Longmire to be interviewed next week.

While that trio are the only confirmed candidates for interviews with the Roos, Scott and Hinkley, among others, could be added to the list.

But former Kangaroo premiership players David King and John Blakey have pulled out of the race, telling the club they would not be pursuing the senior position.

Richmond has informed four assistant coaches who were candidates - Bulldogs assistant Leon Cameron, Brisbane Lions Justin Leppitsch, Collingwood's Mark Neeld and North Melbourne's Anthony Rock - that they are out of the running.

King, who had already declared he was a non-starter for the Richmond job, said last night he would pursue other assistant coaching roles before attempting to win a senior post. He conceded that being an assistant with Richmond during the past five years had probably damaged his senior job prospects given the club's lack of success.

"I think five years experience as an assistant is enough to go for the gig, but I think when you see that it's been largely unsuccessful with Richmond, I'm probably going to need to get to other clubs and get some more experience," he said.

"When you're comparing CVs, my five years experience at Richmond doesn't help. It probably gives others an advantage. It's very difficult to compare assistant coaches, and on a CV you can only compare the success of those teams.

"I've learnt an enormous amount in five years, which I still think will hold me in good stead, and I still think there will be plenty of opportunity to put my hand up for senior jobs. I'm just going to wait and see what falls."

Richmond will complete its first round of interviews over the next few days. The Tigers will speak to West Coast assistant coach Peter Sumich and Brisbane Lions assistant Adrian Fletcher today, and expect to interview former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley early next week.

Laidley has only recently returned from a holiday after resigning the North Melbourne job two months ago.

The Kangaroos panel for the interview process will comprise chief executive Eugene Arocca, football manager Donald McDonald and board members Ron Joseph and Trevor O'Hoy.

Arocca said last week that the club hoped to announce the new coach within a month.

Hardwick has also been contacted by Port Adelaide, which wanted to sound him out about serving as understudy to Mark Williams and taking over the senior coaching position at Alberton once Williams completed his two-year contract extension - a Collingwood-like arrangement for which the Power also sought out former Essendon star James Hird.

RICHMONDDamien Hardwick (pictured)

In:

Jade Rawlings

Alan Richardson

Ken Hinkley

Brad Scott

Maybe:Peter Sumich

Adrian Fletcher

Dean Laidley

Out:Leon Cameron

Justin Leppitsch

Mark Neeld

Anthony Rock

NORTH MELBOURNEDamien Hardwick

In:

Darren Crocker

John Longmire

Maybe:Brad Scott

Ken Hinkley

Out:David King

John Blakey

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/the-main-man/2009/08/06/1249350637614.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »
Hardwick  :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »
Hardwick also comes from a family of educators so developing and teaching players comes very natural to him. Finding the best way to get the most from a player is a natural strength. Not sure about how good he is tactically or in front of the media but he would do a tremendous job grooming the young players in our side.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
its just has to be Hardwick
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »

I'll keep my preference to myself for now  :shh :rollin

If you don't tell us your preference WP I'm going to have to start calling you Thorpie  :lol