Author Topic: Changes for next week against Collingwood?  (Read 1475 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for next week against Collingwood?
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
Fire away  :help

Jackstar is back

Re: Changes for next week against Collingwood?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »
Cant be bothered. If the coach is going to push players back behind the ball, forget it, so much for giving young players a chance and developing them

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »
out McLovin never to be seen again

ins Joel Bowden + his dad & brothers  ;D

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
Any player who had less than 10 possesions shouldnt get a game next week , why ? As the work rate was terrible.
Wouldnt play Post or McGaune for starters.
Post needs to go back at get some confidence at Coburg.
McGaune was terrible today.
McMahon :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 08:20:27 PM »
if i had my way:

OUT: White, Hislop, Brown, Graham, Moore, Riewoldt.
IN: Bowden, Tuck, Polak, Simmonds, Schulz, Goruids.

1 goal in the last 2 weeks for riewoldt.
got killed in the ruck today

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »
Any player who had less than 10 possesions shouldnt get a game next week , why ? As the work rate was terrible.
Wouldnt play Post or McGaune for starters.
McGaune was terrible today.
McMahon :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck

Although Post struggled today I would play him for the rest of the year. The thrill of being involved next week against the Pies in a big game and a big crowd for Joel's farewell would be of huge significance for him and his confidence as opposed of playing him in the Magoos. McGuane has also struggled but I would not drop him either. There are other well ahead of those kids that should be sent to Coburg well before those kids are even thought to be sent there to serve their pennance.

In Bowden Tuck Polak.
Out Edwards McMahon White
if i had my way:

Two weeks ago we were singing Jacks praises. Furthermore Jack is not a ruckman.
Schulz should never wear an RFC guernsey again. Selecting him is tantamount to having only 3 on the bench as that equates to his match day contribution. Alas for Jay he has had too many chances and has not taken any of them and hence the heavy handed stand I have adopted. Would be more beneficial to play Gourdis ahead of Schulz just so we can see if the kid can play at this level as it has been readily established that Jay certainly can't.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »
i meant that we got killed in the ruck today, not riewoldt.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »
SEN: Rawlings has said he will consider Bowden and Simmonds for next week. Polak has rolled an ankle.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
Our tall bookends were the ones that got less than 10 possies so we can't drop them all. The last thing we need is to go smaller  :help. Blame goes as much to the mids also for their lack of workrate. Three-quarters of the side today had 15 or less possies. Just 264 disposals in total. Lazy and pee-weak.

Out: McMahon, Hislop, Rance
In: Bowden (farewell), Simmonds (farewell), Tuck
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 10:21:47 PM »

He needs not only confidence Jack but to work on the defence aspect of his game... today there were times he just made no attempt to get to contests. That mark Goodes took over Polo in the 3rd where Post just stood on the ground and did nothing is the best example  I can give - that was pathetic

Why Graham played can only be because of Jolly - Concentrate on the ball Gus and not the man  :banghead

Seeing Joel announced to the Player Club coterie at half time (wrongly IMHO but that's another topic all together) that next week would be his last game

Ins; Bowden, Simmonds, Tuck

Outs: Rance, Graham, Post
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
Although Post struggled today I would play him for the rest of the year. The thrill of being involved next week against the Pies in a big game and a big crowd for Joel's farewell would be of huge significance for him and his confidence as opposed of playing him in the Magoos. McGuane has also struggled but I would not drop him either. There are other well ahead of those kids that should be sent to Coburg well before those kids are even thought to be sent there to serve their pennance.
I agree Tucky. You can tolerate one bad game from a first year player as they are usually inconsistent. Let's not do a Wallace and punish a kid for a woeful team performance by dropping him when more senior players should know better and should be dropped before Postie.

if i had my way:

Two weeks ago we were singing Jacks praises. Furthermore Jack is not a ruckman.
Schulz should never wear an RFC guernsey again. Selecting him is tantamount to having only 3 on the bench as that equates to his match day contribution. Alas for Jay he has had too many chances and has not taken any of them and hence the heavy handed stand I have adopted. Would be more beneficial to play Gourdis ahead of Schulz just so we can see if the kid can play at this level as it has been readily established that Jay certainly can't.
Yep Sarge isn't the answer. He's gone!

Gourdis is injured btw (I think he'll be gone as well IMHO).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bowden, Simmonds back in picture (RFC)
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 02:56:03 AM »
Bowden, Simmonds back in picture
By Jennifer Witham 9:31 PM Sun 09 August, 2009

JADE Rawlings could be set to recall the two veterans he omitted ahead of his first game as caretaker coach, with Joel Bowden and Troy Simmonds in his calculations for Richmond's clash with Collingwood next Saturday. 

Neither player has played for the Tigers since being dropped after Rawlings took over from former coach Terry Wallace ahead of round 12.

Rawlings said on Sunday Bowden would most likely be recalled ahead of his testimonial match, while Simmonds would also be considered after his second game back in the VFL.

"We'll make that decision [on Monday], I would have thought," Rawlings said.

"We've been speaking to Joel about the most likely outcome of how that could look, and with the way we've spoken so far, it will most likely be next week.

"Simmonds was really good [on Saturday] ... He's got the spring back in his step, and looked really bouncy and was marking well.

"I would have thought with two games back in the VFL, after an eight-week stint (out with an adductor injury), that he'd be considered for next week."

Rawlings said he would look at players who needed to "rediscover their form" away from the senior side, after the 55-point loss to the Sydney Swans at the MCG on Sunday.

Emergency player Graham Polak rolled his ankle in the VFL on Saturday, but Rawlings said he was optimistic the unlucky Tiger would still be able to play senior football this year.

"It's an ankle injury but I don't know the severity. We'll get the medical report [on Monday]," he said.

"He was very close to playing this week. We had a doubt on one of our players and we left that decision until Saturday morning, and Graham would have played if that other player didn't come up.

"We weren't putting him in the squad as a token gesture. He was genuinely considered, and hopefully if he recovers okay, he'll still be able to play league football before the year is out."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82367/default.aspx

Jackstar is back

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:21 AM »
There is worrying signs about Rance I reckon. He seems to get to the ball, but seems to get caught and under presssure way too often. BIG PROBLEM.

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »
There is worrying signs about Rance I reckon. He seems to get to the ball, but seems to get caught and under presssure way too often. BIG PROBLEM.

yes gives away far too many free kicks too easy, bit radical in my books

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »
Anyone think we are a chance against the pies this week.

juicy odds which i just took up. :thumbsup

lots of similarities to that round last year against the Hawks and with Joel's last game i think it will be really really close
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.