Author Topic: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race  (Read 20743 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »
Im sorry but cutting corners would be the farce
Rushing the decision would make it out of control

This is the least farcical and most in control process the club has had for decades

You have a bizarre perspective on this.

Agree, the moment we cut corners is the moment the media and every cynical supporter will have ammo loaded to shoot at the first aspect of weakness in our new coach, and we compromise the choice made because we changed our process.

We stick to what we stated and the timeline was the first week of the finals to finish the process unless there was one clear stand out.  There clearly isn't.

We're right on track.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 12:41:48 AM »
I have a funny feeling though that if Hardwick does not accept the Roos job if he is offered it tomorrow that he would have been told by the panel that he has the job but to save face we will still go through the process. Just a thought on how this stuff can go, it certainly happens like that in the public sector.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 07:01:45 AM »
Im sorry but cutting corners would be the farce
Rushing the decision would make it out of control

This is the least farcical and most in control process the club has had for decades

You have a bizarre perspective on this.

Absolutely spot on

I have a funny feeling though that if Hardwick does not accept the Roos job if he is offered it tomorrow that he would have been told by the panel that he has the job but to save face we will still go through the process. Just a thought on how this stuff can go, it certainly happens like that in the public sector.

I actually think that is funny WAT - a whole conspiracy theory there.

You seriously think that out of 4 people they've got in the 2nd stage they've interviewed 2 and after interviewing one of them (who I think may have been the first one) they said "Jobs your mate but we are going to leave you hanging for another week or so, so things look right in the paper"? And then say to him "just to be sure we keep up appearances can you go off and interview for the North Job" .....

I reckon they dont know what they want either, thus Benny Gales involvement. ;)  ( past players pushed for him too )

Argghhhhhhhhh our dear friends the past players.... don't think they had much to do with getting Benny back to the Club although I am sure they will tell you otherwise  :thumbsup

Mail is that Richardson has been the best so far.

In stage 2 where there are 4 people of which 2 have been interviewed he's been the best? Or are you talking about after stage 1 he was the best...

Good to see the Club not being forced into making a decision .... as I said yesterday we want the best person who wants to coach the RFC not someone who just wants to coach .....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 07:09:59 AM »

You seriously think that out of 4 people they've got in the 2nd stage they've interviewed 2 and after interviewing one of them (who I think may have been the first one) they said "Jobs your mate but we are going to leave you hanging for another week or so, so things look right in the paper"? And then say to him "just to be sure we keep up appearances can you go off and interview for the North Job" .....

In stage 2 where there are 4 people of which 2 have been interviewed he's been the best? Or are you talking about after stage 1 he was the best...

Why not its about time RFC started doing shifty poo to get ahead in this game. You cant do nothing if your trying to play the nice guy all the time. Its time for dodgy and ruthless behaviour  ;D

Jackstar is back

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 07:38:51 AM »
I reckon they dont know what they want either, thus Benny Gales involvement.   ( past players pushed for him too )

Argghhhhhhhhh our dear friends the past players.... don't think they had much to do with getting Benny back to the Club although I am sure they will tell you otherwise  .

Would love to tell you.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »
Its never seemed to stop you before
We all know how much you love opening your mouth

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

Why not its about time RFC started doing shifty poo to get ahead in this game. You cant do nothing if your trying to play the nice guy all the time. Its time for dodgy and ruthless behaviour  ;D

It's a subjective opinion that doing that would "get us ahead in this game."  I'd say it would leave us a few kilometres behind, probably back where Norf is trying to get the one the media has hyped the most for some publicity, and compromise everything we've done to make this the correct process.

Let it be you impatient so and sos.   :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »
I agree with those posters saying "have patience".  We are doing the absolute best by the club in FULLY exploring each and every option available to us before making our decision.  And here's the main point in all that - we haven't done that once in the past 30+ years.  Does that time frame ring any bells with people?

And as for the extra week being an unfair advantage - I don't see that at all.  These guys all have full time jobs at other clubs that still require their professional attention.  They would have been given plenty of advance notice of the date for 2nd round interviews and the criteria they would be expected to address in those interviews.  You would think that all of them are of a sufficient level of knowledge and professionalism that they would be prepared fully in the time frame given them.  If they miss out on the job it won't be because someone else had an extra week - that would be the prime indicator that you weren't right or ready for the job.

Let North Melbourne run around like headless chooks creating fear and uncertainty among the impressionable.  There is a time and a place for swift and impulsive action - this ain't one of them.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
There is a time and a place for swift and impulsive action - this ain't one of them.

Yeh like on the footy field would be nice

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:19 PM »
Would love to tell you.

You'd be amazed at what i could tell you  :rollin :rollin :rollin

oops I almost forgot

;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43:27 PM »
Ecstatic that these 4 are the last 4.

I hope the next we hear is that it is out of Hardwick, Richardson and Hinkley. I don't really have a preference there, the sounds are positive in all tree cases.
Completely agree. We need to start afresh from from our playing list to our coach. No more recycled anything. New stock bought straight from the store.
For what it's worth, Hinkley is who I'm warming to.
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

Ramps

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »
Ecstatic that these 4 are the last 4.

I hope the next we hear is that it is out of Hardwick, Richardson and Hinkley. I don't really have a preference there, the sounds are positive in all tree cases.
Completely agree. We need to start afresh from from our playing list to our coach. No more recycled anything. New stock bought straight from the store.
For what it's worth, Hinkley is who I'm warming to.

If Collingwood do to us what I think theyre  gonna do tomorrow, I suggest Rawlings last hope would have been completely wiped.

Ox

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »
i vote hinkley.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
A couple of days ago I was 1. Hardwick 2. Hinkley 3. Richardson

Now I am 1. Richardson 2. Hardwick/Hinkley too hard to split.

I'm not sure why he just seems to be a nice mix of developmental coach, winner and thinker (from the articles I've read).

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
There is going to be a lot of disappointed people if Rawlings gets the job  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do