Author Topic: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race  (Read 20783 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 07:19:19 AM »
Hardwick is thus the only senior coaching aspirant in the running at both North and the Tigers.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/longmire-out-of-kangaroos-race/2009/08/12/1249756351710.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

That's interesting .... the other people for the North job interviewed for the RFC and couldn't make it through round 1.. Although fromwhat I've heard North approached rather than the other way around
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »
Discluding (if thats a word) the bombshell announcement that is rumoured, if Hardwick presented on Monday and Richardson last night the club could be in a position to make a choice very soon. Im not entirely sure we should go with Laidley. Hinkley seems to be behind both Richardson and Hardwick. As for Jade, his time will come but it isnt now its probably 5 years away.

Ramps

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »
According to Hutchy on the Footy Show only Hardwick and Richardson have presented in R2 of the process. Rawlings and Hinkley yet to present.

Any chance at Richmond that they may get of there arses and do R2 interviews with Rawlings and Hinkley some time soon ... sometime this decade would be good.  :help

Jackstar is back

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »
Richardson will get it  I reckon

Ramps

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »

Im concerned that they are looking for a reason to give it to Rawlings which is the cheap and easy option. Theres no excuse that the 2nd round interviews havent been finished. The club should be in the outcome phase and deciding on who they want.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:40 PM »
if i was Crocker i would just walk out of the club now.

What a joke knowing it doesnt matter how good you perform in the interview you wont be offered a position.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »
According to Hutchy on the Footy Show only Hardwick and Richardson have presented in R2 of the process. Rawlings and Hinkley yet to present.

Any chance at Richmond that they may get of there behinds and do R2 interviews with Rawlings and Hinkley some time soon ... sometime this decade would be good.  :help

It's being done tomorrow isn't it?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »

Im concerned that they are looking for a reason to give it to Rawlings which is the cheap and easy option. Theres no excuse that the 2nd round interviews havent been finished. The club should be in the outcome phase and deciding on who they want.

Ramps , mail is the club are concerned with Rawlings ability to sell the club and enforce changes and therefore leave him "'imprint""

Ramps

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:41 PM »

Ramps , mail is the club are concerned with Rawlings ability to sell the club and enforce changes and therefore leave him "'imprint""

When you get to the last 4 in this type of interviews process, I think that you cant give this much of a gap between the first 2 and the last 2. The 2 candidates Hardwick and Richardson have had substantially lesser time to prepare than Hinkley and Rawlings and that to me isnt right. Best practice would have been for the club to do this over 2 days ensuring that all 4 candidates were under pretty much the same pressure and time constraints.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »
As I said in the other thread you wouldn't think there would 3-hour interviews tomorrow the day before a game  :-\. Next Monday and Tuesday you would think would be more realistic days to hold the interviews.

When's the next RFC Board meeting? I'm guessing that will be when the final decision will be made.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond won't be rushed (Age)
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 11:31:42 PM »
Richmond won't be rushed
Jake Niall | August 14, 2009

RICHMOND will not cut short its exhaustive search for the next coach in the event that Hawthorn assistant Damien Hardwick is offered the coaching position by North Melbourne.

While Hardwick is a leading candidate to coach the Roos, who could offer him the job to cut Richmond off at the pass, the Tigers last night indicated that they would continue with their process - which involves interviewing two more candidates - regardless of whether North made Hardwick an offer.

The Tigers, thus, could risk losing Hardwick before they have completed their second round of interviews if North jumps in and makes him an offer.

If North Melbourne decides that Hardwick is its priority - it completed two interviews yesterday - then it will act quickly early next week and offer him the job.

The Tigers have interviewed Hardwick and Alan Richardson in the demanding phase two of their coach-search this week, and have to put Geelong assistant Ken Hinkley and caretaker Jade Rawlings through the same extensive interview next week - a schedule the Tigers say they will stick with, resisting the temptation to cut it short if Hardwick is made an offer by North.

North Melbourne, meanwhile, interviewed two of its final three candidates yesterday - caretaker Darren Crocker and then Collingwood assistant Brad Scott - with Hardwick, the favourite, having spoken to the Roos on Wednesday, when the club's fourth contender, John Longmire, withdrew after Sydney named him as Paul Roos' successor as senior coach in 2011.

Richmond football operations manager Craig Cameron, who is running the club's coach-search, said last night that the Tigers would stick with their process, despite the speculation about Hardwick and North.

''We've still got two people to interview, and they're good candidates,'' Cameron said, when asked whether the Tigers would consider shortening their process.

The only other possibility for the Tigers is former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley, who hasn't decided whether he will pursue the Richmond job, but will chat to the Tigers about where he sits within the next two or three days.

Crocker and Scott are vying with Hardwick for the North position. The Roos' process is expected to have a shorter time-frame than Richmond's coach-search.

Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson has again strongly backed Hardwick's credentials for a senior coaching job. ''He has been in our system for five years and our view is he's ready to coach senior football,'' Clarkson said.

Laidley, meanwhile, met Hawthorn officials on Wednesday in a meeting that was downplayed by the former North coach, despite the strong possibility that the Hawks will be in the market for an assistant coach to replace Hardwick.

Laidley said last night that he had visited the Hawks at Waverley, meeting football operations chief Mark Evans and head of coaching development Chris Fagan. Laidley looked at their facilities in what was an education for him.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/richmond-wont-be-rushed/2009/08/13/1249756397408.html

Jackstar is back

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
I reckon its turning into a farce

Ramps

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
I reckon its turning into a farce

What do you think of the time disparity between candidates Jacko. 1 Week extra is a mighty advantage if you ask me. I dont think its right and I dont think its fair either for either Richardson or Hardwick

Jackstar is back

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 11:47:10 PM »
Dont know what to think.
Its a bit out of control.
I reckon they dont know what they want either, thus Benny Gales involvement. ;)  ( past players pushed for him too )
Dont think Rawlings is in the picture at all.
It would be of interest in regards to each candidates team they want to bring to punt rd, something which hasnt been reported which is strange.
Would think if Dean Laidley wanted the job,he would be the front runner. He has said he doesnt know if he wants to apply ???
Mail is that Richardson has been the best so far.
Who he brings, I dont know

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »
Im sorry but cutting corners would be the farce
Rushing the decision would make it out of control

This is the least farcical and most in control process the club has had for decades

You have a bizarre perspective on this.