Author Topic: Team vs. Collingwood  (Read 2153 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Team vs. Collingwood
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »
Why drop young Postie after one shocker  :banghead. It wasn't as though it was the forwards fault either last week with the pathetic delivery going inside 50. Yep a selection looking towards the future  :P.

Polak still injured?

Wouldt think Rawlings have much idea
He did play him on Goodes last week :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
Here's Collingwood's side btw......

B: Harry O’Brien, Simon Prestigiacomo, Heath Shaw
HB: Sharrod Wellingham, Nick Maxwell, Tarkyn Lockyer
C: Alan Toovey, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury
HF: Brad Dick, Travis Cloke, Paul Medhurst
F: Alan Didak, John Anthony, Dale Thomas
Foll: Cameron Wood, Dane Swan, Shane O’Bree
I/C: Ben Johnson, Leigh Brown, Leon Davis, Chris Dawes
Emg: Jaxson Barham, Martin Clarke, Ben Reid

In: Wellingham
Out: Tyson Goldsack (achilles)

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »
Why drop young Postie after one shocker  :banghead. It wasn't as though it was the forwards fault either last week with the pathetic delivery going inside 50. Yep a selection looking towards the future  :P.

Polak still injured?

Wouldt think Rawlings have much idea
He did play him on Goodes last week :lol

he learnt his matchups from Leatherskin Wallet so l expect nothing different.
dumbfounded how they say the wanna play the kids yet drop them & leave the hacks in.
absolutly stunning selections

oh Joels back the old hack they dropped round 12, brought him in to replace a young player  ;D  :thumbsup

dont know who l going to follow this week
Joel Bowden or Leigh Brown  ;D maybe both  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »

I would argue it's 2 poor games in a row and having watched the replays of both I would think his lack of defensive pressure may have something to do with it.

Unfortunately Post is like a lot of kids his efforts when he doesn't have the ball needs a lot of work.

I have no problem with him spending time on Goodes - he was actually recruited as a defender and he needs to improve his defensive mindset. Also I reckon he would learnt a fair bit how to play the game and work hard

Good to see they've made a call on Kel Moore - he's been horribly out of form for a while both pre and post injury
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
For all you guys know, Post may be sore after playing consecutive AFL games in only his first year as a kpp
Last week was certainly a massive downturn on his output so far, there may be reason for that
Would rather play it safe than run him into the ground
I reckon some of you just love sticking the boot into the club no matter what

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 09:09:05 PM »
Infamy, if he was "'sore"', why play him on Goodes in the 3rd quarter last week ?? :gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop :banghead :banghead

Adam Goodes does not play for Collingwood.

Post was not sore before the Swans game.

Post is probably being rested because he is sore after the Swans game.

When you graduate from primary school you had better make sure you get a good English teacher who can teach you to read and write.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:17:33 PM »
Bowden and Tuck return to face Pies
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen Thu 13 August, 2009

RICHMOND has made two changes, bringing back stalwart Joel Bowden for his farewell game in yellow and black, and recalling tough midfielder Shane Tuck.

Making way for the pair are tall defender Kel Moore and youngster Jayden Post.

Tigers football manager Ross Monaghan said the decision to give Bowden a farewell game was an easy one.

"Joel's form at Coburg has been good, and the club agreed that he certainly deserved a farewell game, and this is the one," Monaghan said.

"It's a big game in front of a big crowd, and he's played a lot of those."

Tuck played the first 16 games this season before he was dropped, and has spent three weeks in the VFL alongside Bowden.

The 27-year-old, who has led the Tigers in any number of categories, had forced his way back into the side with good performances, Monaghan said.

"Tuckey's form has been good the last three weeks at Coburg, so he deserves an opportunity," he said.

Moore and Post will play in the VFL.

"Postey's just a young guy finding his way, and his form's been pretty good, but he's just a bit tired," Monaghan said.

"He'll keep playing with Coburg, but we've been really happy with what he's achieved so far this year.

"He'll play a lot more games with Richmond, there's no doubt about that.

"Kel's form has just been solid, and he's the one who's made way for Joel, in this case.

"It's a swap of like for like."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82680/default.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 09:32:17 PM »
I reckon some of you just love sticking the boot into the club no matter what

NO Infamy I dont believe it for a second, who would do that on here, who here would use anything at all on the club as a way to push their agenda, who would stick it into the club they "support" just because they can.

It just doesn't happen.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »
Matthew White escapes the noose yet again.I have lost count how many times he has been caught "holding the ball" in recent weeks.

It might pay to get your facts right before you crap on about Tiger players.

All he said was that he lost count of the number of times White has been caught holding the ball.

Maybe Matt has trouble counting to 4  ;D , either that or he is like me and brain dead after watching the tiges play in the last two weeks.

Thats it Chuck...too much :banghead :banghead over the past fortnight has resulted in permanent brain damage  :help

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:53:57 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 12:56:17 AM »

I would argue it's 2 poor games in a row and having watched the replays of both I would think his lack of defensive pressure may have something to do with it.

Unfortunately Post is like a lot of kids his efforts when he doesn't have the ball needs a lot of work.

I have no problem with him spending time on Goodes - he was actually recruited as a defender and he needs to improve his defensive mindset. Also I reckon he would learnt a fair bit how to play the game and work hard
I didn't think Postie was too bad against Melbourne. Not good but not a hanging offence performance either. He is a first year player and they will be up and down. The whole team has been shocking the last two weeks. We could have dropped three-quarters of the side this week without blinking. Overpossessing by hand and botching the ball by foot something shocking that would embarrass even a little leaguer. I guess what I find really perplexing is we were too small last week from a team structure point of view yet we've dropped two talls for two smalls  ???. Sure Tucky will bring in some hardness a stoppages but why isn't he coming in for one of the excess lightweights in the midfield. From a team structure viewpoint I'm gobsmacked. Only 6 Tigers 190cm+ left in the side - 3 defenders, 2 rucks and 1 forward. Not a way to encourage long direct footy as we played against Essendon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
I'm absolutely with you on this one MT. Our forward line is too short tomorrow. We've created an undersized imbalance on what should be a dry,warm day.Jack is the only marking target. Maybe if Vickey and Graham alternately spend a lot of time down there between rucking spells we might have something resembling a proper structure. But personally, I'd have kept Post down there as well, just to stretch Collingwood's defence a bit more. I don't think it's Post's fault that he or Jack couldn't get into the game last week. Unfortunately Sydney always do that to us. They put the squeeze on our midfield so the supply coming in is rubbish. And to make it worse, everytime we go into attack, there are 18 Swans camped in our forward 50 clogging up all the space the forwards need to work in.
I think we'd have been better off bringing in Cogs,Tuck, and Bowden for McMahon,White, and Moore.   

TigerTimeII

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »
this is why we are stuffed as a club
not only do we recruit no hopers like white, not only do we play them, but we persist on selecting them after we know they are poohouse

white is not of this level , so frikken what his lil legs motor along, he has no footy nouse, cant read the play, is lost out there , his skills are poo, all he can do is sprint here and there

f him off along with others

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »
ROFLMAO  :rollin :rollin would laugh if Joel Bowden or Shane Tuck got BOG   ;D
The media & the supporters will be a mess  :lol

EAT THIER OWN Season 27 Episode 20 Widescreen

:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :woohoo

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »
Yes lets keep Post playing, he is sore and needs a rest, but lets keep him playing because he is a tall, so when he is injured, we can still crucify the match commitee for letting him play sore instead of dropping him to Coburg for a week  :banghead :wallywink

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
this is why we are stuffed as a club
not only do we recruit no hopers like white, not only do we play them, but we persist on selecting them after we know they are poohouse

white is not of this level , so frikken what his lil legs motor along, he has no footy nouse, cant read the play, is lost out there , his skills are poo, all he can do is sprint here and there

f him off along with others

If you are right TTII then it is your duty to tell the Richmond Football Club.

Ring Ross Monaghan on 9428 1552 and arrange an interview with him. He can even arrange for Whitey and Jade to be in there with you.

I'm sure they will listen to your learned concerns.