Author Topic: Vs Collingwood Praise  (Read 3014 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Vs Collingwood Praise
« on: August 15, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Well..

Today was a disaster. Genuine disaster.

Lets drain blood from a stone:

Jake King - Has warranted his place for 2010 its as simple as that. We all saw his game, and only gave 1 stupid free kick away. Put a player like that in Adelaide, Carlton or Brisbane and he woudl increase that teams chances by 10%. Its unfortunate our side is so down on confidence and flair that his effects are almost pointless.

Tom Hislop - For mine increased a bit of his workrate and probably in our top 5 today where his name would not normally be. Maybe it was that so many had an off day? But I thought he continued to ran, tackled and bumped. All the hard things to do and twice as hard when your 100 points points down.

Jake Riewoldt - Would now be having some great conversations with Richo over how it feels to be a key forward when all you see up the field is a circus.. Think in the last 25 minutes of the 1st qtr we had 0 posessions in our offensive 3rd. Did the most of it when it came his way and in the 2nd half when he was put down back he kept trying and beat Cloke on a few occasions.

Shane Edwards - Was on Leon Davis for the most of the game who had little impact. Helps when he's not really needed but Edwards was ok.

Vickory and Graham - Were beatin in the ruck, need toget some pace in there legs but had a dip and gave some nice to advantage taps.

And thats about it I'm sad to say. Deledio certainly wasn't embarrassed, when your side gets smashed its always easy to look at your best player and think well you didn't have a stand out game its your fault. Deledio probably could have gone up a cog but certainly wouldn't have had much effect on the game.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Vs Collingwood Praise
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »
Well..

Today was a disaster. Genuine disaster.

Lets drain blood from a stone:

Jake King - Has warranted his place for 2010 its as simple as that. We all saw his game, and only gave 1 stupid free kick away. Put a player like that in Adelaide, Carlton or Brisbane and he woudl increase that teams chances by 10%. Its unfortunate our side is so down on confidence and flair that his effects are almost pointless.

Tom Hislop - For mine increased a bit of his workrate and probably in our top 5 today where his name would not normally be. Maybe it was that so many had an off day? But I thought he continued to ran, tackled and bumped. All the hard things to do and twice as hard when your 100 points points down.

Jake Riewoldt - Would now be having some great conversations with Richo over how it feels to be a key forward when all you see up the field is a circus.. Think in the last 25 minutes of the 1st qtr we had 0 posessions in our offensive 3rd. Did the most of it when it came his way and in the 2nd half when he was put down back he kept trying and beat Cloke on a few occasions.

Shane Edwards - Was on Leon Davis for the most of the game who had little impact. Helps when he's not really needed but Edwards was ok.

Vickory and Graham - Were beatin in the ruck, need toget some pace in there legs but had a dip and gave some nice to advantage taps.

And thats about it I'm sad to say. Deledio certainly wasn't embarrassed, when your side gets smashed its always easy to look at your best player and think well you didn't have a stand out game its your fault. Deledio probably could have gone up a cog but certainly wouldn't have had much effect on the game.

King, Edwards and Hislop are rubbish.

Jake king particulary is actually an embarrasment to watch. knows how to land a punch but unless you can produce the goods you look like a fool.

by the way Davis kicked 4 goals(Edwards opponent). Didak was King's and he had 30 touches and kicked 2

we have been carrying rubbish for years and these 2 fit nicely in that category

Vickery and Graham will get better.

god help us if we lose Lids. 2 weeks out and still no signature
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »
Davis was nowhere in the first qtr when the game was lost. Had little if any influence on the result.

Didak starred, and beat King but atleast King keep persisting. Too many players dropped there heads and threw the towel in. He at least keep going till the siren went.
Go Tigers!

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »
impressed today by king, hislop and edwards. 

king - was beaten today but he's never lacked endeavour.  kicking has improved.

hislop - how hard does this bloke go at the ball and at his man.  the amount of times he's done the dirty work in terms of shepparding, bumping etc was great.  mangaged to kick a couple as well.  more of the better players today.

edwards.  sure, davis kicked 4 goals, but 2 were him picking off handballs in the forwardline and couple of good roving.  certainly wouldn't say he dominated edwards.  titch brings plenty of dash.  his burst out of a ball up and dishing off to lids for the goal was great stuff.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
Edwards shut Davis out in the first half and was off the ground for almost all the last quarter injured.
Given how much Collingwood dominated and Davis' form this year, Edwards was rightfully named in our best

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
We won the last quarter.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:58:15 PM »
We actually won more hitouts for once  :o
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »
agreed a couple of the grunt players worked hard however what shone out to me was the total lack of system and cohesion we play with...No-one prepared to run hard into space...ALWAYS less numbers around the pill....about the ONLY positive I can come up with is that we are that ordinary that there is ONLY upside from here :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 10:13:22 PM »
...No-one prepared to run hard into space...

If I had to pick our single biggest failing as a team this would be it.  As a team we just refuse to do anything that resembles hard work.  Fitness, conditioning, coaching, ability, attitude, whatever.   >:(

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:15:08 PM »
agreed a couple of the grunt players worked hard however what shone out to me was the total lack of system and cohesion we play with...No-one prepared to run hard into space...ALWAYS less numbers around the pill....about the ONLY positive I can come up with is that we are that ordinary that there is ONLY upside from here :shh
The only positive I can think of that at least it wasn't over 100 points

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 02:01:10 AM »

We have been ordinary for 27 years. Still witing for the wheel to gravitate to that up position. We are a less than ordinary footy club at best. We have no aura.

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »
apart from the fights & brawl we are PATHETIC in all assets of a football club.  :chuck :chuck

Jackstar is back

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »

If I had to pick our single biggest failing as a team this would be it.  As a team we just refuse to do anything that resembles hard work.  Fitness, conditioning, coaching, ability, attitude, whatever.   >:(

Give you a little tip.
The game plan is based on getting numbers to the ball an trying to play congested footy and keeping possesion( I DONT AGREE WITH THIS )
The game plan is completely stuffed, we have all players running towards the ball carrier instead of away from him :banghead
Yesterday it was at its worse

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »

Give you a little tip.
The game plan is based on getting numbers to the ball an trying to play congested footy and keeping possesion( I DONT AGREE WITH THIS )
The game plan is completely stuffed, we have all players running towards the ball carrier instead of away from him :banghead
Yesterday it was at its worse

BINGO my boy said the same thing  :thumbsup  he said Richmonds thinking is wacko. his said his team have better game plan  :lol

Jackstar is back

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
Just watch the bulldogs, they peel back and release players when the gain possesion.
Usually into unguarded space..
The coaches we have ,have little idea :banghead :banghead