Author Topic: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]  (Read 46791 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
McDonald, Power, Cornes, Brogan, ....

Sheeds bringing back Dads' Army. His finals years at Essendon were similar.

They need mid aged players that can last the season not just Young and Old players to rotate through the season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »
They need mid aged players that can last the season not just Young and Old players to rotate through the season.
I hear Daniel Jackson may be available for a 1st round pick  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
Port Adelaide and Brisbane are trying to force GWS to recruit Power, Brogan and Cornes so then GWS can't access any of their other players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/giants-calling-but-three-veterans-in-limbo-20110920-1kjhq.html

Offline T_o_O

• Future Richmond star
  • Big Fish
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »
Port Adelaide and Brisbane are trying to force GWS to recruit Power, Brogan and Cornes so then GWS can't access any of their other players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/giants-calling-but-three-veterans-in-limbo-20110920-1kjhq.html

Fair enough.

If GWS/GC aren't going to use the system as it was intended (ie handing over draft picks for mature players), I don't think opposition clubs should do them any favours.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
All bodes well for lids remaining at Tiger land, if GWS as expected were to make a play for Goddard.

Its hard to see them fitting in Goddard, Israel and Scully all on multi million dollar contracts as well as keeping Ward and going for a Lids type also
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
izzy is on a visy deal
gws dont pay him eff all under the cap

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Barry Hall rumoured to be on the way to GWS (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
BARRY Hall will be a Giant by the end of the year if the same whispers that predicted Tom Scully's defection to Greater Western Sydney many months ago are to be believed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/barry-hall-rumoured-to-be-on-the-way-to-greater-western-sydney-afl-side/story-fn69a32t-1226157564311

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Barry Hall rumoured to be on the way to GWS (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2011, 11:39:29 PM »
BARRY Hall will be a Giant by the end of the year if the same whispers that predicted Tom Scully's defection to Greater Western Sydney many months ago are to be believed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/barry-hall-rumoured-to-be-on-the-way-to-greater-western-sydney-afl-side/story-fn69a32t-1226157564311

He wouldn't be a bad option. Even if he would only be able to play half the season. He'll take the number 1 defender and even a 3rd man up from there developing 2nd target up forward.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
KEVIN Sheedy has all but ruled out Barry Hall joining Greater Western Sydney in its inaugural season next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124642/default.aspx

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2011, 09:09:30 PM »
Can't blame any of these young men for heading up there, I reckon Nate Brown might say the same.

To be honest I reckon Dustin is a very silly boy for not taking their offer, it made the one Scully is reported to have signed for look like a rookie list contract.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2011, 05:57:21 AM »
To be honest I reckon Dustin is a very silly boy for not taking their offer, it made the one Scully is reported to have signed for look like a rookie list contract.
Something tells me Dusty, having lived up in Sydney for a period in his youth, had no intention of returning there even if he could continue to play AFL at a new franchise. Also unlike the Dees, playing for the Tiges means playing for a big club with a large passionate supporter base in front of big crowds at the 'G. It's not as though either he won't become one of the highest paid players at Richmond. If and when we start playing finals regularly, Dusty will be one who will drag people through the gate as a poster boy for Richmond and the League as a whole which means sponsors and extra $$$ for him. He'll end up on a good wicket.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
If Dustin Martin invests his money properly he wont need a GWS contract to do well in life, he will leave RFC a multi millionaire hopefully as a Premiership Player and a Legend. So it all depends how he invests the money he gets, if he invests properly he will get good returns on substantial contracts, if he peees the money up a wall then thats another matter. IMHO he seems pretty level headed and I'd doubt that he would be peeing money up a wall. He will do very well in life from being a Richmond player.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
I know trade week isn't over but apparently Stephen Silvagni saido n Trade week radio that there not trading any of there picks out. So that leaves them with this list of experienced players Tom Scully, Callan Ward, Phil Davis, Rhys Palmer Sam Reid and there chasing and likely to get Dean Brogan, Chad Cornes and Luke Power. How do we see there selections compared to Gold Coast.
I personally think none of them have the skill to keep the team together and lead on field like Ablett has.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
From Age columnist Richard Hinds twitter:

"Tom Scully's dad on GWS pay roll as recruiter. Sniff sniff sniff. No, no rats there!"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI