Author Topic: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]  (Read 46784 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:55 PM »
Tom Scully's dad joins Greater Western Sydney in a recruiting role

by: Grant Baker
    October 26, 2011 7:29PM

TOM Scully's father Phil has been employed by Greater Western Sydney as a recruiter.

Former Melbourne star Tom was signed last month on a $6 million, five-year deal to join the AFL’s newest club.

In a statement released tonight, the Giants admitted Phil Scully’s wage would be included under the club’s salary cap – a situation believed to be a first in the AFL.

It is unclear when GWS first approached Phil Scully – who has previously worked for the Sydney Swans as a Melbourne-based recruiter – and what if any bearing those negotiations may have had on Tom Scully’s decision to quit the Demons.

Giants recruiting manager Stephen Silvagni said in a statement: “Phil has an obvious passion and understanding for the game as well as first-hand experience with what is expected of the players coming through the system,” he said.

“He’s spent the last two years working for the Swans, but expressed an interest to the Giants about moving into a fulltime position.

"He has had a lot of experience with the talent pathway in Victoria and he is going to be a valued addition to our team.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scullys-dad-joins-giants-team/story-e6frf9jf-1226177665081

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »
Maybe they not making the minimum salary cap thats why they put his dad in it.
Only real reason I can think of why they would add his salary under the cap.

gerkin greg

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
The new Carlton
I believe Amcor are a sponsor

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
GWS sack their CEO
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »
Greater Western Sydney Giants sack CEO Dale Holmes

EXCLUSIVE by Phil Rothfield
    The Daily Telegraph
    October 27, 2011 3:23PM

JUST a few months before their first game, GWS chief executive Dale Holmes has been sacked.

The AFL is expected to release a statement later this afternoon to confirm Holmes is leaving after less than 12 months in the job.

The Daily Telegraph understands Holmes fell out with two GWS board members and had a prickly relationship with the AFL hierarchy.

Holmes was appointed the Giants' CEO in March. He had previously held down the position of CEO of AFL NSW.

He had been instrumental in the signing of NRL star Israel Folau.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/greater-western-sydney-giants-sack-ceo-dale-holmes/story-e6frexwr-1226178514771

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2011, 10:18:23 PM »
being reported now he "resigned"  ;D

And LMAO @ "Scullygate"  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:48 PM »
GREATER Western Sydney chief executive Dale Holmes has been sacked.

Giants boss Dale Holmes was cut free on the same day the Herald Sun revealed Tom Scully's father had been employed by the club as a full-time recruiter.

Scully Sr will earn a six-figure salary, which will be included in the club's salary cap in an unprecedented ruling.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/giants-lose-ceo-after-secret-scully-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1226178542992

The media have already tried to join the dots on his sacking to the Scully Sr job.
haha  'Scullygate'

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2011, 11:05:05 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the problem with Scully Snr's job?

The bloke worked for Sydney so he obviously has some recognised credibility to do the job.

Should Ty Vickery's old man be included in our cap?

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
Well along with my tiger insider membership, I picked up a GWS membership today which was a pretty reasonable price. Don't beat me up over it as I just want to get to the footy and see some games. at least I'll have great seats for the Tigers match at Skoda. My Son and I will probably be the only Tiger supporters amongst a sea of Orange in the members stand for that game.  :outtahere

Also for those interested, (not sure if it has been posted yet) I have the final ground dimensions for Skoda Stadium. Its actually 3m longer than the MCG at 163m and it is 2 metre's narrower than Ethihad at 126m so the ground may suit the Tigers well.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
Well along with my tiger insider membership, I picked up a GWS membership today which was a pretty reasonable price. Don't beat me up over it as I just want to get to the footy and see some games. at least I'll have great seats for the Tigers match at Skoda. My Son and I will probably be the only Tiger supporters amongst a sea of Orange in the members stand for that game.  :outtahere

Don't worry I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few AFL followers pick up a GWS membership just because of the price and want to go see games.

gerkin greg

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
yeah i got the Giants Members Reserve membership, worked out to be about 20 bucks a game for 7 games + access to the Members Bar

seemed look a good spot to hurl abuse from

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
yeah i got the Giants Members Reserve membership, worked out to be about 20 bucks a game for 7 games + access to the Members Bar

seemed look a good spot to hurl abuse from
I went the Platinum for me and my son Gerks but I wonder if it will allow me access to the BBQ deck. It looks awesome!  ;D
Not sure If I'll make the trek to Manuka but it might be an experience. Last time I went there was for s Swans Tigers trial match where we got hammered and Gus was almost BOG pipped by Cam Howat. I think my match report with photos of a young Gus is still on here somewhere!  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
Platinum? That's the highest level you rich bitch i think you'll get access to the bloody barbie deck!  :lol
You're right it does look great, they should have done the same thing at PRO when the did the redevelopment.
My folks are in CBR so i usually catch a game down there at some point but someone else can pay for me to sit in that arctic bedpan.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
Also for those interested, (not sure if it has been posted yet) I have the final ground dimensions for Skoda Stadium. Its actually 3m longer than the MCG at 163m and it is 2 metre's narrower than Ethihad at 126m so the ground may suit the Tigers well.
Narrower means more out of the fulls from DJ lol.

Good on ya supporting footy up there tiga  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
So now we know who the GWS have drafted the debate of who's got the most potential list GC vs GWS will start. How do you all view the GWS list.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
Platinum? That's the highest level you rich bitch i think you'll get access to the bloody barbie deck!  :lol
You're right it does look great, they should have done the same thing at PRO when the did the redevelopment.
My folks are in CBR so i usually catch a game down there at some point but someone else can pay for me to sit in that arctic bedpan.

Gerks I got 70 bucks off the normal price due to buying foundation memberships so I thought why not. Plus I have been buying Tiger insider/on the bench memberships for ages so I have saved a few dollars over the years. Had I been in Melbourne, I would have bought the same sort of package for Tigers games. I think I spent too many years climbing up trees and Advertising signs in arctic conditions at places like the Junction and Lake Ovals to ensure that I really appreciate a good seat in the stands.

My reasoning to go for the best seats at Skoda Stadium was to secure them for future years as I my Son and I will always get first option on them for future seasons. I think it also entitles me to access the post match functions as well which will be good to get the odd autograph for my Lad.  :thumbsup