Author Topic: Match Review Panel  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Match Review Panel
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »

Robin Nahas, Richmond
Brett Deledio, Richmond
Angus Graham, Richmond
Richard Tambling, Richmond
Luke McGuane, Richmond
Tom Hislop, Richmond
Will Thursfield, Richmond
Mark Coughlan, Richmond
Daniel Jackson, Richmond
Jake King, Richmond[/b]

Well done boys, it's good to know who flies the flag.  :thumbsup

We all know where Bowden was (and wasn't doing) I wonder were some of the other senior players were (Newman and Brown - honest question as I don't know)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »

Robin Nahas, Richmond
Brett Deledio, Richmond
Angus Graham, Richmond
Luke McGuane, Richmond
Tom Hislop, Richmond
Mark Coughlan, Richmond
Daniel Jackson, Richmond
Jake King, Richmond

We all know where Bowden was (and wasn't doing) I wonder were some of the other senior players were (Newman and Brown - honest question as I don't know)

Brown had a bit of a go but when the umpire threw the ball up went straight for the footy, which is far from the wrong thing to do. 

Didn't spot Newman, so I wouldn't persecute him as he might have been a fair way away from the ball or not even on the ground.

Just because you don't run 150 metres to have a go doesn't mean you wouldn't fly the flag.  Apart from McGuane and Thursty who would have been at about CHF where it began, the majority of that lot were the midfield brigade so plenty of the forwards and backmen simply didn't get involved, and really didn't need to considering our mob did pretty well considering it began a 4-on-1 contest.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kingy, Lids win their fines appeal
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
Kingy and Lids just won their appeal against the melee fines  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
Tigers' King suspended, but avoids fine
August 18, 2009 - 7:19PM .

The AFL season is over for Richmond tagger Jake King through suspension, but he has at least hung onto some cash to spend in his extra time off.

King pleaded guilty on Tuesday to striking Collingwood's Alan Didak at the MCG last Saturday and will miss the Tigers' remaining games against Hawthorn and West Coast.

But at the tribunal on Tuesday night King successfully beat a charge of engaging in a melee, which meant he avoided paying a $1,200 fine.

Richmond teammate Brett Deledio also avoided being fined the same amount after winning his challenge at the tribunal.

King's strike on Didak sparked the heated scenes between the sides during the second quarter.

A total of 20 players - 10 from either side - were reported for being involved in a melee.

But King won his challenge after he successfully argued he was on the bottom of a pack of players and was involuntarily involved.

Deledio won his challenge by arguing he was also involved against his wishes, by being held by Collingwood's Shane O'Bree and Dane Swan on the fringe of the trouble.

Richmond's Robin Nahas, Angus Graham, Richard Tambling, Luke McGuane, Tom Hislop, Will Thursfield, Mark Coughlan and Daniel Jackson were all fined $1,200 each after they pleaded guilty.

O'Bree and Collingwood teammates Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Heath Shaw, Harry O'Brien, Leigh Brown, Nick Maxwell, Alan Toovey and Tarkyn Lockyer were also all docked $1,200 each after pleading guilty.

Swan also admitted guilt but was slugged $3,000 because it was the third time he had been found guilty of the offence.

The fines from the reports totalled $23,400.

Hislop will miss Richmond's clash against the Hawks after being suspended for one game for pleading guilty to striking O'Bree in the last quarter.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/tigers-king-suspended-but-avoids-fine-20090818-eoie.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:38:29 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jake King suspended for two games but cleared of melee (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 03:39:43 AM »
Jake King suspended for two games but cleared of melee
Bruce Matthews | August 19, 2009

RICHMOND's Jake King doesn't have to pay a cent for causing a melee that left 18 players a total of $23,400 out of pocket. The Tigers' instigator and teammate Brett Deledio had their $1200 fines overturned by the AFL Tribunal last night.

But King's season is over after he accepted a two-game suspension for striking Collingwood's Alan Didak at the MCG on Saturday.

The melee involving 20 Richmond and Collingwood players erupted from that behind-play blow.

Ten Magpies were fined $13,800 and eight Tigers docked $9600.

King told the tribunal jury, Wayne Schimmelbusch, Stewart Loewe and David Pittman, that "the boys weren't happy" about the incident that led to him being reported in the second quarter.

The melee erupted after he dispossessed Didak when the Magpie forward went to play on after the free kick.

"I obviously knew he was going to play on and I was able to strip the ball from him," King said.

"Next thing I knew there was a fair weight on top of me, hands and elbows were pushing me down."

The Tiger tagger told the hearing he felt contact to the throat and face.

"Obviously, people weren't happy," he said.

King argued he was the passive victim in the melee and that Magpie Tarkyn Lockyer had even pulled him down again when he tried to regain his feet.

Deledio said his act of attempting to get Collingwood players off King happened several times in a game.

"As I pulled (Dane) Swan off of Jake, Shane O'Bree got me in a headlock," he said.

"I was clearly getting the opposition off Jake King, they were piled on top of him."

Richmond football manager Ross Monaghan said after the hearing the club thought King and Deledio were "the least guilty, if you like" of any charge from the melee.

"We thought Jake had absolutely no case to answer and, clearly, the tribunal found that way. In Brett's case, we didn't think he did anything other than what he would normally do in a normal game. Things escalated from there," Monaghan explained.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25949940-19742,00.html

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »

Robin Nahas, Richmond
Brett Deledio, Richmond
Angus Graham, Richmond
Luke McGuane, Richmond
Tom Hislop, Richmond
Mark Coughlan, Richmond
Daniel Jackson, Richmond
Jake King, Richmond[/b]

watch the replay Brown is standing near Bowden  ;D